How to convince my dad to let me get a scooter? - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How to convince my dad to let me get a scooter?

Re: How to convince my dad to let me get a scooter?

Quote Originally Posted by Cat13 View Post
    Agreed.... buddies age shows strongly in his posts. This I don't care attitude.... well.... I'll never ride with him.
    Or you could read the post I made below his clarifying what I meant...

easy solution really, get your own job, move out and tell your dad to f--- himself while you leave him in the dust on your new scooter

other than that .. suck it up

edit, if you only have $3500 bucks no wonder your dad doesn't want you to touch the money, try saving up 20 grand and he might have no problems letting you waste 5k or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Petraeus View Post
    easy solution really, get your own job, move out and tell your dad to f--- himself while you leave him in the dust on your new scooter

other than that .. suck it up

edit, if you only have $3500 bucks no wonder your dad doesn't want you to touch the money, try saving up 20 grand and he might have no problems letting you waste 5k or so.
    Well if I wait till I'm 18 (which I am) I get an additional 8G because of inheritance and money I've saved up since I was 4.

Aren't Vespas like $7000? Before tax, insurance, etc.? I'm sketched out by what you're getting for $3400. Keep saving and get something with more power so you're not being pushed into the bike lane by cars. Get your M2, etc. prove you can ride. Or you can take up dirtbiking where the gear is far more protective and there are no cars to worry about at all! Good luck!

Vespa is only one brand of scooters available. And I wouldn't call them the best bang for your buck scoots out there.

Quote Originally Posted by d4rktrooper788 View Post
    No no I meant UNLESS they kick me out (or threaten to), I'm not just gonna give up. If they threaten to kick me out then obviously I will have to wait.
    Ok. I think I understand. It's easy to misinterpret what someone really means in a "conversation" on the internet.
    2007 Honda CBR125r
    Prov. 15:1
    John 8:7

Quote Originally Posted by efarquharson View Post
    Aren't Vespas like $7000? Before tax, insurance, etc.? I'm sketched out by what you're getting for $3400. Keep saving and get something with more power so you're not being pushed into the bike lane by cars. Get your M2, etc. prove you can ride. Or you can take up dirtbiking where the gear is far more protective and there are no cars to worry about at all! Good luck!

kymco are becoming very popular here. guy at work has a red kymco fun scooter.
    x

Make him an offer he can't refuse...

also you don't have to buy new.
    x