Cutting down Yoshi Pipe!!? - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cutting down Yoshi Pipe!!?

Re: Cutting down Yoshi Pipe!!?

Canadian Tire doesn't prep batteries properly so even though it is new, it may still fail on you prematurely.
    Motorcycle batteries are not like car batteries.

Go to a bike shop and pay to buy a new bike battery and they need at least 24 hours to prep the battery properly and then load test it for you before you can walk out with it. Well, at least any decent motorcycle shop should do that.
    "It's only once you've lost everything that you're free to do anything." - Tyler Durden

2005 SV650S : Mar 2011 - Oct 2011

Quote Originally Posted by jeero View Post
    Canadian Tire doesn't prep batteries properly so even though it is new, it may still fail on you prematurely.
    Motorcycle batteries are not like car batteries.

Go to a bike shop and pay to buy a new bike battery and they need at least 24 hours to prep the battery properly and then load test it for you before you can walk out with it. Well, at least any decent motorcycle shop should do that.
    I was going because i heard they test batteries for free?? true?

Quote Originally Posted by Bulza View Post
    I was going because i heard they test batteries for free?? true?
    They may test the battery, but most likely by the person at the parts counter who may or may not know anything about cars/bikes.
    If you want a GOOD answer on whether your battery is defective/improperly prepped, it's best to take it to a bike shop.
    If you call ahead and warn them that you are coming, they may do it for free too since it would only take 5 minutes.

I don't know where you live and I am going to assume in the GTA, but for me the closest motorcycle dealership is Clare's Cycle in Fonthill (Niagara region) and they said I can come in during the day to have mine tested. I asked how much it would be (I was thinking 15-20$) and he said it would just take 5 minutes so they wouldn't charge me.
    If my battery does turn out to be dead/dying, I will most likely be buying one from them and picking it up 2 days later after they prep it properly.
    "It's only once you've lost everything that you're free to do anything." - Tyler Durden

Quote Originally Posted by invictus43 View Post
    Don't think you need a sync tool..it will be more or less the same after the chop as before. So unless it needed it before hand it shouldn't need it now. Your jetting is something else and it could be off. Having said that, your problem starting is likely unrelated. Sounds like your battery is not holding a charge or your alternator is not charging it. You need to assess your electrical system.
    +1

The cut looks good...well done
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/signaturepics/sigpic29682_1.gif

I was not a part of that class.

QUARTER LITRE WITH CHEESE

Thanks!!

I got the battery two months ago from flying squirrel...bike shop..CHECK! he did prep it CHECK!... so i put it on tender overnight...and the bike started the first time.. And the volts around 12.6 running..i think it is the stator or regulator (not sure which is which)... SO the question is guys HOW DO I CHECK IF THOSE 2 are WORKING?? I have a multimeter

THANKS!!!!!!!!

btw does riding with only high beams for 2 months make a difference in battery's performance...?
    Last edited by Bulza; 09-11-2011 at 12:27 PM.

no, high beams will not affect battery performance....if Glen at FS prepped ur battery, i am sure its fine...12.6V running suggests that the alt. is ok...but that may be the charge from the overnight charging of the battery. If it starts fine now....then obviously, u r good. If not, boost the battery, start the bike and check running voltage again....it should b over 12. What I used to do with cars is, I'd use the battery to start the car and then unplug it to see if the alt can keep the car on....you can try that at your own risk...be careful. Never encountered this problem...so I could be wrong, other more experienced members may be more helpful.

Im pretty sure running should be in the 14v ballpark. Experts can chime in and correct me.

i think his problem is fixed, this thread is dead, he will only come back when he needs help again

the bikes running fine now! after I put the battery on tender...no problems so far. Thanks for the input!