Another Ride to Pennsylvania

Thread: Another Ride to Pennsylvania

Another Ride to Pennsylvania

Couple of us are heading down to Coudersport and surrounding areas today...
    If any riders are down there, we can meet for breakfast at the Fezz Diner before 9:00 am on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday

Pk! (aka mototrek)

Re: Another Ride to Pennsylvania

!!!

You sir, I envy.

You seem to go to PA, every other week!

Sweeet! Have fun

Ahhhhh...Pennsylvania (wish we lived in such an area!)

A great ride. Monday and Tuesday were sunny and warm - great ride days
    Wednesday was rainy and drizzling all morning and half the afternoon.
    But it dried up and we got a ride from 3:00 to 6:30 - Boire and Austin roads were so neat with steam rising from the wet roads - the forest scents were also amazing!

Today we went to Letchworth State Park - about 1.5 hours north of Coudersport in NY. It is a little more interesting than the so-called "Grand Canyon" of Pennsylvania - which , don't get me wrong, is magnificent, but the 3 sets of falls in Letchworth are an insight into what the Glacial forces did to the area around the Finger Lakes.
    Certainly worth the visit. $8.00 a vehicle for the day. So, my buddy and I teamed up on one bike to save 8 bucks.
    We left his bike at the gate and the park ranger was fine with that. Not sayin' who ride B*tch!!! LOL
    Pk! (aka mototrek)

Ahh, Fezz Diner, home of the $2.99 plate-sized pancake!

When having breakfast at Fezz's Diner, be sure to have a look at their photo album (normally stored on the shelf by the door)

The album traces the history of the diner from Patterson, NJ in the 50's to the present structure built up in 2004. It's a remarkable story of one man's vision and investment/commitment.

It's the kind of American entrepreneurship that Obama's vision is killing!

Two years ago, when riding in the area, I asked people how they felt about OBAMA and there was mostly optimism - and this from a mostly conservative rural guns and bibles, far right population. Asked this past week, the same type people were visibly upset and many angry. A great line from a radio personality

Obama won't be remembered as the first "black president," but as the first who presided over the downgrading of the US debt.

Time for another ride!! (it's therapeutic)
    Pk! (aka mototrek)

Hey Mototrek,

I have a little bit of time off in the next few weeks and wanted some suggestions on where to go Penn seems like a great place thats not too far. Do you have any maps or route recommendations? Any GPX files you can send my way? places to stay etc?

Here's my email: lawrence_ng@rogers.com

Thanks a lot!

hmmm i didnt have to pay anything but wasnt in the state park perse but at th elook out. Nice views and pics