Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
Hey peeps! The front bumper of an suv shattered my left femur on the final 135 degree right hand blind corner on twyn rivers (heading east). He was fully in my lane midway through the corner and I gave it the hardest lean I could but the accident could not be avoided. When he smashed into my femur, my motorcycle temporarily pinned me to the front of the vehicle while I was thrown onto the hood, my femur also broke clean near the hip then I flew into the windshield and rolled off the roof onto the pavement breaking my right radius bone near my elbow as well as a bone in my wrist. My femur was sticking out of my leg and I lost 2 pints of blood. The xray shows the bone in a "Z" shape with my leg 3.2 inchs shorter. They drove a metal rod down my leg and lots of screws later my leg is the correct length again. Luckily Xtina was almost completely through the corner (ahead of me) when she saw the suv a few feet over the center line so she did a big lean left and missed the front bumper of the suv by inches. She hit a telephone pole but luckily only slightly injured her shoulder. I am posting this from the hospital and recovering well. The only real damage is the broken bones eventhough I was wearing only tshirt and shorts. The entire incident was recorded on camera but for some reason after the cops were messing with my camera I'm missing the 3 seconds of video leading up to the accident. When I get out of hospital, I'll attempt to get the video recovered. Thanks for all the flowers and stuffed pedobears people have sent to the hospital and for all my kind visitors. Doctors said 14 weeks before I can put weight on my leg. See everyone on two wheels next summer. Feel free to quote or copy and paste this into general or romper room so nonpaying members can read it as well. -Jamie M.