Rosey Toes Only Place That Finally Fixed Gear Problem In My Bike

Thread: Rosey Toes Only Place That Finally Fixed Gear Problem In My Bike

Thumbs up Rosey Toes Only Place That Finally Fixed Gear Problem In My Bike

My shifter was HARD to get from 2nd and onwards then suddenly it would not move above 2nd, so I took it to a bike shop that was in Islington or Kipling near Lakeshore ave and they flatly refused to even work on it with one mechanic telling me "Sorry we don't take those kind of jobs, it's very hard to work with gear boxes/transmissions". I then took it to another shop where they spent about 1 week with my bike and $500 dollars later the bike was still having problems with 2nd gear and upwards, to a lesser degree but the problem was still there. Rode it like that for more than a year until the problem came back and I went to Rosey Toe's finally.

2 days and only $320 later I was called to go get my bike. This 55-something guy with white hair and a ponytail (looks like a skinny Hell's Angel member but he's a nice guy) had opened up my gear box and finally repaired it. He told me that the last shop had put back a bent part instead of just ordering a new one, so the bent part was creating conflict in my gear box. My bike is finally the same normal bike as before and it feels GREAT not to have to grunt and flex my foot so hard to change gears.

Kudos to Rosey Toes and its pony-tailed, white-haired tattooed old chap there, he knows his stuff.

Re: Rosey Toes Only Place That Finally Fixed Gear Problem In My Bike

That's Dave....and he indeed 'knows his stuff'

...Then one day you realise your 'knight in shining armour' is just a retard in tinfoil.

No school better than old school
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Yup, Dave is on this board. Nice guy and a good mechanic. Id' never take my bike anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by palmpalm View Post
    Yup, Dave is on this board. Nice guy and a good mechanic. Id' never take my bike anywhere else.
    I would and typically do, but got tons of respect for Ted and Dave
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Did you show him how you grease your axle stix?

(looks like a skinny Hell's Angel member but he's a nice guy)
    And what the hell does that mean??

Just to add to what a great guy Ted is; I just got stuck because of a clutch-cable-lever break. As I was waiting for my CAA tow (which turned out to be Motolimo!) I called Ted, he answered and listened to me. Told me I could fix it myself, told me what to get and what to do. He could have easily made money by having me drop the bike at the shop for him to fix Tuesday morning but instead he advised me and saved me money.

Yep, the best place to go to for no-nonsense fixin` at a reasonable price! Bravo Rosey!