Its been a little over 2 months since my accident. Photo heavy.... - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Its been a little over 2 months since my accident. Photo heavy....

Re: Its been a little over 2 months since my accident. Photo heavy....

Yeah buddy looking foreward to a ride together. Love the way your Big Gix brother is looking!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1_slo_mofo View Post
    glad to hear you're ok; thanks for sharing your story.
    I take that route everyday to and from work. The exit to go eastbound onto Finch from that strip mall is very dangerous, as you have very poor visibility. I always take the long way around and don't bother making a left there. They city should really do something about that section there....

Wish you a speedy recovery
    I hear you on that one, I always hated that intersection , even before the accident. When I am in my truck I usually go round the gas station etc and go the long way back around. I see someone fly out there almost daily now.

I was wondering if anyone knew how to go about getting the city to possibly put a light in there??

Quote Originally Posted by newrider1979 View Post
    I hear you on that one, I always hated that intersection , even before the accident. When I am in my truck I usually go round the gas station etc and go the long way back around. I see someone fly out there almost daily now.

I was wondering if anyone knew how to go about getting the city to possibly put a light in there??
    yup, I do the exact same thing. Not sure what the process is, but putting in a complaint would be a good start IMO
    Schmitt Tuning
    Automotive repair & custom fabrication - Best rates in town!
    Tires (installation & balancing)
    Hwy 27 & Rutherford Rd.
    schmitt.tuning@yahoo.ca

GTAM members get discounted rates!! Msg me for more info

Quote Originally Posted by 油井緋色 View Post
    The psychological term behind this is bystander empathy. There have been case studies of a town that watched a woman die in the middle of the street because nobody called for help; they thought others would.

Even if I didn't know CPR, and I saw someone like that, I would at the very least ask how I could help. I owe my own life to doctors and to the two bystanders that called my parents and 911 when I had a major accident way back from a hit in run while I was jogging.

@OP

Hope you are feeling much better now and haven't lost the ability (or should I say mentality) to ride. No one will blame if you have, however.
    Genovese syndrome and the cpr story have nothing in common

The patrons didn't just sit there thinking someone else would deal with the issue
    They sat there BECAUSE someone was dealing with the issue

OP
    Glad to hear you're alright
    KODMONKY When you're Happy and you know it...SMILE

There are a thousand ways someone driving by can help...
    Call the guys girl, parents, significant other to tell them whats happened and keep them up to speed.

Stop and direct traffic to go around or slow down.

Guide in the paramedics if the location is difficult to spot.

Be a go-between with the guy who is working on the victim and the 911 operator.

To see one person doing cpr and the other on the phone and drive by is absolutely nothing more than selfishness, and the thought process is simply that you don't wish to be "inconvenienced" or somehow tied up in this other persons misfortune.

Most people aren't aware as well that the first two vehicles to pass an accident are required by law to stop and offer assistance.
    You can be charged with "failing to remain" for not doing so, you don't have to be directly involved in the accident to have a duty to remain.

While I'm sorry you had to go through this because of a dumbass cager, I'm glad you survived and will get back up on 2 wheels.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Hope you have a speedy recovery and get back to 100%. Be patient with the long wait ahead with the legal stuff, on my sixth year. Would love to see the after pics. How is your wrist looking now?
    2010 Suzuki GS500F

Please help me reach my goal in raising money for a great cause.
    Here is the link to my Ride For Site page.
    Thank-you =)

http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx...onID%3d1326806

Your hand.... looks like a mess, good luck with rehab.

Glad you made it through without things being worse! Your have must've hurt like hell... Keep working on the rehab and take care of yourself!

...Then one day you realise your 'knight in shining armour' is just a retard in tinfoil.

Keep that lucky Horseshoe! Truly a higher power is looking out for you. I survived a crash 20 years ago - I am glad we are both still on the right side of the turf.
    ......"Nowhere is one as free as on the road with no destination in mind"

2007 Vulcan 1500 FI - Still Thrillin'
    2003 Honda Shadow Ace (sold)
    1979 Yamaha 650 Special (sold)

Sorry to hear of the unfortunate incident but glad to hear that you walked away and remain determined to keep riding. All the best for a full and speedy recovery!
    Remember...no point running from the cops - you'll only go to jail tired!

Quote Originally Posted by SeaBreez View Post
    I am glad we are both still on the right side of the turf.
    that's a pretty cool expression!
    ~=Big Daddy of the Dope Dragons MC=~

'05 Blue&Silver Hayabusa

Glad you are okay man. Im sure your pics will inspire others to wear their gear more often than not.

Thanks for the support guys, yeah my gear got destroyed. I'm quite sure its the only thing that saved me from serious injury. The back of the helmet where my head hit the groud first cracked and the leather jacket stayed intact were I slide on the built in back protector.