August 1st Trackday in Grand Bend

Thread: August 1st Trackday in Grand Bend

August 1st Trackday in Grand Bend

Just signed up here and wanted to put this out for anyone interested:

We are running 3 groups of 18 (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced)
    -riders will be grouped based on experience
    ><>< Running rain or shine ><><

We are taking advance bookings/reservations now $100.00 per rider (plus tax) until the close of today - again sorry i just signed up here today. After today or at the gate it's 140.00 (plus tax)

spectators are welcome, they will be free, however will of course need to sign a waiver

If you choose to go up on Sunday night, camping overnight is allowed
    Gates will open at 7am
    Tech is from 7:30 – 8:30am
    Riders meeting at 8:30am
    First group goes out at 9am

For questions or booking information please call us at 519 649-1126 and you can speak to Kevin or Paul for further details.

if you prefer to email

Kevin : kevin -at- forestcityhonda -dot- ca
    Paul : paul -at- forestcityhonda -dot- ca

Re: August 1st Trackday in Grand Bend

What track layout is it going to be?

internet crashed on me when i was replying... we're running "modified" track. it's approx 2.3km's long

if you're wanting to see the layout here is a link to our promotions page that shows the track configurations... we ran the "Kart" track on the weekend and there was nothing but good comments about it.

http://forestcityhonda.ca/en/info/promos/house.spy

5 spots left for the track day - Advanced is sold out so there's intermediate and beginner available

call 519-649-1126 until 5pm. after 5pm you'll need to come to the gate (unless i can get a phone number for my boss' cell number posted here)

Kev

just putting my tire on and then i'm packing and off to the track... see ya there!

not to highjack the thread or anything, but does anyone know what configuration soar will be running the 13-14th?

"Technical Track" without the hairpin onto the shut down of the drag strip.
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    http://www.platinum-powersports.com/indexx.php
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---NEVER TRADE THE THRILLS OF LIVING FOR THE SECURITY OF EXISTENCE---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

What Omni said is right. 10 turns 2.4km.
    I have to say I had a chance to ride the track with Forest City yesturday and had a blast. Forest City did a great job being only their second track day. The track owner was there all day with a broom in his hand (when is the last time you have seen that).
    The track has awesome grip and the layout has a couple hiccups but the people I spoke with including myself were very impressed with what has been done and whats planned. There was a decent sized collection of our racers there and the advanced group was running a hard pace. The track took it all and only a couple lowsides........best part is not a single bale anywhere and none needed.
    Wait till you get a chance to try The Carousal its a third gear sweeper knee on the deck the whole way around and it just keeps going opens up to a fast left accelerating hard onto a short straight. O' did I mention that it all starts from straight where your topped out and hard on the brakes. My opinion its the best part of the track and never failed to put a big grin on my face every lap.
    Cant wait for SOAR Rnd#4.
    Last edited by kneedragger88; 08-02-2011 at 07:58 AM.

What an awesome day. It was well run and without any serious incidents which is always a bonus.

I loved the track and couldn't keep the grin off my face everytime I entered the carousel, the quick left hander and then the big right hander.

My only criticism is not of the track, or the organizers, but rather the racers who sign up too late when Hot group is full, so they register for beginner and pass in the corners. No passing in the corners in beginner means no passing in the corners. It doesn't mean, because you're a racer you can make the pass.

Great day, great weather, great organizers, and great riding. Can't ask for more than that!

Any comments about the run-off? There were some concerns a week or two ago because there were 30-40 RV's parked in the infield of the track.

Any onboard videos from yesterday?
    Spineless swines. Cemented minds.

we've got about 2,000 pics from yesterday... some are far better than others so when we start posting them on our website we'll let you know.

videos we'll be posting some too

my mistake, yesterday we took over 3,700 pics... lots of sorting but we'll get them posted
    Last edited by Forest City Honda; 08-02-2011 at 04:29 PM.

I was just helping out for this trackday so i got to ask people what they thought and the overall impression was very positive to the whole day. Having another track to which to ride can only be a good thing and being closer to London is a huge bonus (for Londoners of course). Would also be good to attend for an evening event for practice or bike setting up.
    If bike riding is a drug go get hammered.