GOLO Racing, Hot Laps Events TMP Track Day Video

Thread: GOLO Racing, Hot Laps Events TMP Track Day Video

GOLO Racing, Hot Laps Events TMP Track Day Video

Same stuff different song! lol
    I was getting use to GP shifting and you can hear one of the major mis-shifts between corner 6 and 7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTjg-nmxvY4

Re: GOLO Racing, Hot Laps Events TMP Track Day Video

Quote Originally Posted by R1Guy View Post
    Same stuff different song! lol
    I was getting use to GP shifting and you can hear one of the major mis-shifts between corner 6 and 7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTjg-nmxvY4
    Change your gearing! I have mine set up so i'll top out 2nd between 6 and 7. I run the whole infield in 2nd.

When I changed to gp my first track day was a mess! Coming into corners up a gear, miss shifting everywhere. Thank god I didn't get it down into gear or probably would have blown it up on the straight. I have to shift between 6&7 but I'm on a 600. I was having to use first in 6 before and it sucked, going just fast enough that the bike didn't want to gear down till the last second and then trying to set up, too much to do at once. Now I top out second between 5&6 and carry second through 6. Soo much smoother and easier

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    Change your gearing! I have mine set up so i'll top out 2nd between 6 and 7. I run the whole infield in 2nd.
    What gearing (-/+) did you use from your stock set-up... and what type of rpm's. where you hitting between the corners?

-2+3 from stock.

2nd through the entire infield, on race fuel i occasionally hit the limiter between 6 and 7. Front straight is 2nd up to 5th, then back to 3rd through turn 1. Back straight is 3rd up to 4th, then back down to 2nd for turn 2.

I really don't like to use 1st gear and this set up gives me the best drive out of the tighter corners without making me shift in the infield.

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    -2+3 from stock.

2nd through the entire infield, on race fuel i occasionally hit the limiter between 6 and 7. Front straight is 2nd up to 5th, then back to 3rd through turn 1. Back straight is 3rd up to 4th, then back down to 2nd for turn 2.

I really don't like to use 1st gear and this set up gives me the best drive out of the tighter corners without making me shift in the infield.
    Interesting... I"m -1 in the front and +1 in the rear! Shows you how different our bikes are... I have to do a small gear change between 6+7 or I'm red lining by the time I hit the chicane.