Calabogie - long weekend with Pro 6 - anyone in? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Calabogie - long weekend with Pro 6 - anyone in?

Re: Calabogie - long weekend with Pro 6 - anyone in?

You guys going need to hunt down the chick with the big camera and let her know what bikes you're riding
    *~Maggie~*

OK got my response from a Calabogster;

Gates should be open till 10:00pm. We do have washrooms in the main
    administration building equiped with showers. We do not have water or
    hydro hook ups for your trailer. If you have a tent you will need to
    weigh it down with water or sand bags.

In case that's helpful to any of y'all.
    There is no planet B.

Frustrating day yesterday. I don't think there was a single session that wasn't delayed and/or shortened because of a crash or breakdown. And then because of all the cool down time I kept having to take 3-4 laps to warm up the tires and then I'd get only one or two good laps in (depending on traffic).

Can't really blame anybody, that's just the way it goes sometimes and nobody was seriously hurt so that's a plus. But it's the last time I'll do 'bogie with the weekenders.

Quote Originally Posted by fastar1 View Post
    I kept having to take 3-4 laps to warm up the tires and then I'd get only one or two good laps in (depending on traffic).
    ...really...? 20 kms and 80 corners to warm up the tires?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightcycle View Post
    Well if you're only doing 30kmh in the corners...

I kid!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lightcycle View Post
    The first session in the morning is a 100% warm-up session. After that the tires have at least some residual heat so I can warm them up in 2 laps (normally) but yesterday wasn't normal. Well, it was normal-ish.

I spoke to John about the existence of tire blankets to use between sessions (not warmers) but he said there'd be no point. Dunno, the idea is still bouncing around my head.

Hey WTH were you yesterday anyways, I looked around a few times...?

We were there Sat/Sun.

The first session in the morning is a 100% warm-up session. After that the tires have at least some residual heat so I can warm them up in 2 laps (normally) but yesterday wasn't normal. Well, it was normal-ish.

I spoke to John about the existence of tire blankets to use between sessions (not warmers) but he said there'd be no point. Dunno, the idea is still bouncing around my head.

Why won't you just buy tire warmers? If it's a budget issue, look for used ones, that would still be cheaper then wasting gas and track time warming up tires, the cost of repair from potential crash, and the fact you're shortening the lifespan of your tire. Considering the time between each session is about 40 minutes, no you will never have adequate residual heat in your tires, blanket or not. If you're fast enough that having hot enough tires is a concern, just get tire warmers.

when I used to ride bogie without warmers I would take maybe 1.5-2 laps to heat up the tires. Taking 3-4 laps to warm up tires at bogie is a complete over kill especially considering the hot perfect conditions weather we had this weekend.
    BUY MY BIKE!
    2007 Honda CRF 150R Big Wheel Supermoto with dirt wheels, $3600

Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt. - William Shakespare

Don't want to lug around a genny. In principle at least, I want to be able to ride to the track and set up with only what I can carry. Besides, I don't think it's necessary. I think blankets that are completely enclosed (around the rotors in front and exhaust in the rear) would contain enough heat to save me a lot of time with warm-up laps.

But I admit I probably was giving myself more time than I needed to warm up the tires, because I used Cayuga a few weeks ago as a benchmark for time to heat up the tires (it took forever). I think John pointed out that Cayuga is terrible for building heat into the tires compared to other tracks. It's more abrasive than grippy (or something like that).

Don't want to lug around a genny. In principle at least, I want to be able to ride to the track and set up with only what I can carry. Besides, I don't think it's necessary. I think blankets that are completely enclosed (around the rotors in front and exhaust in the rear) would contain enough heat to save me a lot of time with warm-up laps.

But I admit I probably was giving myself more time than I needed to warm up the tires, because I used Cayuga a few weeks ago as a benchmark for time to heat up the tires (it took forever). I think John pointed out that Cayuga is terrible for building heat into the tires compared to other tracks. It's more abrasive than grippy (or something like that).

lol that crippled gimp of a track actually took heat away from my tires after they were on warmers! Definitely not a good bench mark to compare to Bogie. The surface is abrasive and bumpy, it's slow, it's choppy, you need to be really moving there to build heat as opposed to just getting a good pace going at bogie. Not to mention that track is about half the size with no elevation changes, one lap at Cayuga is about half a lap at Bogie.

I have a little Yami geni that's the size of a small suitcase, it's got enough juice to power a set of warmers all day and it's less hassle to carry around then a dog in a purse. Your stupid tire blankets will probably take up more room folded up! Why insist on complicating things?
    BUY MY BIKE!

Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt. - William Shakespare

Hey I'm the King of Overcomplimacation, but tell me more about this mini genny...?

Did I understand correctly that you want to ride to the track? Why? I just did that at TMP on Sunday and will never do it again! Bad idea, period, end of discussion!
    Orange Krush: 2007 KTM 950 SM
    Sexy Italian: 2009 Aprilia SR 50

Hey I'm the King of Overcomplimacation, but tell me more about this mini genny...?
    ive got a champion/kipor 1000w inverter and bickle warmers used one season for sale if you ever decide to lower your degree of complication.

i totally understand though...when you get used to something, you end up not wanting to change things around. Many ppl just wanna get to the track and ride. What I've found however is that there is no price too high for peace of mind.
    Last edited by TomC; 08-03-2011 at 12:10 AM.
    For sale, 2007 Aprilia SXV 450 Supermoto
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...prilia-sxv-450

Quote Originally Posted by PaisaMed View Post
    Did I understand correctly that you want to ride to the track? Why? I just did that at TMP on Sunday and will never do it again! Bad idea, period, end of discussion!
    Because I plan to get rid of my car this spring.

I rode to the track all the time before, not a big deal and now I have some ideas on how I can do it better.

Looks like this:

1000 watts
    BUY MY BIKE!

That's pretty amazing, but I still like my idea better

Because I plan to get rid of my car this spring.

I rode to the track all the time before, not a big deal and now I have some ideas on how I can do it better.
    get a small trailer for your bike?

even if i wasn't bringing the dog to the track I wouldn't ride there.... all the gatorade i go through, plus i need a bunch of tools to fix my **** ups

bogie was sweet, went on slicks so now i need to get a generator for friday @ smp (one i borrowed will be in use friday). between the track and the tire warmers i managed to get rid of the discolouration on my tires...
    x

Quote Originally Posted by CruisnGrrl View Post
    get a small trailer for your bike?
    Bing bing bing! We have ourselves a winner!