Limestone Rd. & Guelph line (very loose and soft gravel!)

Thread: Limestone Rd. & Guelph line (very loose and soft gravel!)

Limestone Rd. & Guelph line (very loose and soft gravel!)

Be careful when turning to Limestone off Guelph line. The've scraped the asphalt layer and put lots of loose gravel. This is not just the firm stuff and sprayed with gravel. This is 100% gravel and soft at most of the lane, so even if you go very very slow without applying any front brake, you will go down, because you will be still turning, that's how close to Guelph line it is (of course no sign or any sort of a warning .... thanks MOT !). Looking ahead into the corner doesn't help much, because you will think that's the firm stuff with very minimum of loose gravel, but the opposite is true, the gravel is all loose.

The gravel continues all the way to the Canyon Rd. ... you are just better off to avoid it until they firm it up (if that is the plan ...).

It's a sad state what's happening to the side roads in the west end of GTA this year. As well might just buy a cruiser and cruise the highways .... LOL
    Last edited by mxs; 07-24-2011 at 11:00 AM.

Re: Limestone Rd. & Guelph line (very loose and soft gravel!)

Must be recent. I was riding that area last week with no issues (although I did stop and turn around at one point because limestone rd. was all all gravel)... but it wasn't out to guelph line....

Banned

Re: Limestone Rd. & Guelph line (very loose and soft gravel!)

Quote Originally Posted by EngineerJoe View Post
    Must be recent. I was riding that area last week with no issues (although I did stop and turn around at one point because limestone rd. was all all gravel)... but it wasn't out to guelph line....
    It's out to the Guelph Line now.

It's not "loose" gravel so much as it is excess gravel from a chip-sealing or tar-and-chip road resurfacing project. It will either grind in or wash off soon enough to reveal a reasonably good hardtop road surface similar ot the 15 sideroad.