July 31 - "DDR" DUCATI Day Ride (not Dance, Dance Revolution) - Page 3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: July 31 - "DDR" DUCATI Day Ride (not Dance, Dance Revolution)

Re: July 31 - "DDR" DUCATI Day Ride (not Dance, Dance Revolution)

I am sorry but I am out this time. Hope to join the next DDR ride. Have a fun/safe ride!

Damn...I was looking forward to meeting a fellow Kamen Rider too. Henshin another day..

can another Monster and a BMW tag along with me? Is anybody meeting at the Hwy 7 & 9th line Timmies to ride out to Brooklin?

Quote Originally Posted by sammy View Post
    can another Monster and a BMW tag along with me? Is anybody meeting at the Hwy 7 & 9th line Timmies to ride out to Brooklin?
    I'll be at the Timmies in Markham for about 8:30-8:45 if anyone wants to ride out to Brooklin together. I figure we can just ride across highway 7 to get to the Timmies.

Quote Originally Posted by mjocanada View Post
    I'll be at the Timmies in Markham for about 8:30-8:45 if anyone wants to ride out to Brooklin together. I figure we can just ride across highway 7 to get to the Timmies.
    thats perfect! we will meet you there, weather permitting of course.

I plan to be there as well for 845. Hopefully the weather clears up for us. May want to check with OP about the bmw.

Quote Originally Posted by lennay1031 View Post
    I plan to be there as well for 845. Hopefully the weather clears up for us. May want to check with OP about the bmw.
    A BMW can come along, however I just hope they're prepared to be converted to buying Italian-made after the day is over.

cant wait to meet everyone

Weather Check/Update:

I received some messages concerned for the weather tomorrow, there's only a 40% chance of isolated rain (less than 1mm... VERY little)... this ride is still ON!!

Giovanni and I will be at the Brooklin Timmies at 9:00 AM

my 2 tag along riders dropped out. This means no persuading BMW owner to buy an Italian bike. How many riders are with the Giovanni list? Well I better get some sleep.

I'll meet the Markham riders at the Markham timmies at 8:30am, then head out to Brooklin and meet the rest of the group.

Hey guys we r under a bridge waiting out the rain. Five on our way

Hey guys, just wanted to say what an awesome day that was. Sorry I left in Gooderham after lunch but had to be back in Peterborough for a dinner party. Good ride and to see & HEAR so many Duc's was so cool!!!! The Paul Smart bike with the Zard exhaust was wicked!! Thanks to the organizers and to Giovanni. Great bunch of riders on a variety of Italian beauties. Take care and see you soon...Stephen
    '08 Ducati Hypermotard
    '86 Yamaha BW200

Caught the ride in scugog at nicks licksHope you guys made it to port perry before your buddy ran out of gas! Jenn

Thumbs up Re: July 31 - "DDR" DUCATI Day Ride (not Dance, Dance Revolution)

Hey everyone,

Thanks to all those who came out (this thread has nearly 1,200 views since we started planning!!) .... the rain certainly was NOT going to stop us. We barreled through the rain along the way (got a little wet for 15 minutes-or-so)... but then the skies opened up, and we couldn't of asked for more any perfect weather today.

I believe the final count on bikes attending was 22 DUCATIs!! The sound of all the bikes running was INCREDIBLE!!

We're officially changing the name of this riding group to the "Quarter-million dollar DUCATI Ride" (J/K!!). Everyone one had huge grins and smiles on their faces after the hwy 507 run, very little traffic and good pace for people of all skill levels; made for an excellent ride on some country roads today. To those who missed out, we may be planning another DDR to go Westbound (perhaps Forks of the Credit or Niagara Falls) next time in either August or September... so stay tuned!!

See below, for a slideshow of the pics I took: (low quality, compressed)
    http://img845.imageshack.us/slidesho...id=dsc7267.jpg

See below, for a direct link to the album of pics that I took: (High Quality Uncompressed)
    http://imageshack.us/g/845/dsc7267.jpg/

**** Please don't mind the millions pics of my Monster 695 that I included in the album as well ****

Thanks again everyone for making this a great event!!

Cheers,

Just wanted to say a big thank you to Giovanni for an excellent ride! This is probably one of the best group rides I've ever had the pleasure of joining.
    My apologies for cutting out early towards.the end of the ride - but i promised my wife I'd be home for dinner.
    Again thanks a bunch for a fabulous day and i cant wait for the next ride!

Giovanni and Repooc (sorry didnt remember your name) just want to give a big thanks for planning such a nice ride today. It was a real pleasure meeting and riding with all of you today! To the owner of the Paul Smart (sorry forgot your name too), what a wicked fast ride back down on the 507, I think we were doing 180km/h sweepers.......your bike sounds friggin AWESOME!!! Mike (mjocanada) thanks for meeting me in Markham, we made some good time back on the 407. Its 11:00pm and the drone is still buzzing in my head from all the rumbling.

I cant wait to do it again. Please do it before the 27th of August or after Sept 10. I'll be away for a 2 week vacation.

Giovanni, I'll come and see you when its time for service. You really are passionate to the brand!

till next time,
    Sam (aka COP TZR on the DMF forum)
    Last edited by sammy; 07-31-2011 at 11:09 PM.

Nice pics.... but who let the RC-51 join the party?

Quote Originally Posted by Metastable View Post
    Probably a 999 in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by Metastable View Post
    Not sure, but he lost his seat cowl along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy View Post
    Not sure, but he lost his seat cowl along the way.
    He was going for the naked Monster-look, after he was overwhelmed with the DUCATI awesomeness.... consider him converted.