July 31 - "DDR" DUCATI Day Ride (not Dance, Dance Revolution) - Page 2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: July 31 - "DDR" DUCATI Day Ride (not Dance, Dance Revolution)

Re: July 31 - "DDR" DUCATI Day Ride (not Dance, Dance Revolution)

Quote Originally Posted by sammy View Post
    Its a Monster 750 DARK. I've stumbled across this Giovanni's ads on Kijiji. Sounds like a decent guy that knows his DUCS and isnt going to take you to the cleaners. I'm still waiting on these damn parts, but I'm looking forward to the ride and meeting Giovanni along with the rest of you riders.
    Thanks for the bike details, Sammy. I've updated the first post.

As for Giovanni, he's as genuine as they come. I'm lucky enough that he lives in the same neighborhood as me... and I just go over to chat Ducati's with him all the time. I've never met a mechanic that is so 'in tune' with his work.

I can't wait to take some pics at this event... it'll be like rolling GP Bikes Showroom.

Quote Originally Posted by blackrooster View Post
    Is anyone intrested in riding to Tim Hortons together, I reside in Milton?

Hey Sammy, hopefully you will be able to join on Sunday us, as for Giovanni check out my post on Kijiji : A-1 Motorcycle Mechanic.
    Yeah...I'd b into meeting up to ride to tims. I'm in the city but will b taking the 401 to the meeting spot. Let me know

A

If I do not go to TMP on Sunday, I will be in. I am riding Yellow Sport Classic with "very loud" Zard exhaust.(probably some of you saw my bike at Giovanni's)
    Cheers, Koji

Hey Acto, does 9am at Kennedy Commons Tim Hortons wrk for you if so according to mapquest our destination is 41km away
    Last edited by blackrooster; 07-26-2011 at 09:05 PM.

Hey Acto, does 9am at Kennedy Commons Tim Hortons wrk for you if so according to mapquest our destination is 41km away
    Hey guys,

I ride to Kennedy Commons all the time from my place in Whitby, and it takes about 20 minutes at most ..... and at that time on a Sunday morning, you can probably be here in less than that.

Thanks for the heads up how about 9:30?

Hey man,
    I'll be there

Hi everyone,

This Sunday Tims will rumble!.. thank you for joining us in this ride, I love Ducatis and admire the people that have one, I had a club in Sicily called "Ducati Barocco" and now my dream is coming true in Canada, I can't wait to see each one of you and your Ducs, wow what a great day it will be!, because Ducati is not only a bike for most of us, it is much more; tradition, passion and friendship.

Giovanni.

Calling all ducatistas!!!

I'm coming from Markham and planning on taking highway 7 straight up. Anyone been down that stretch or advise against it/
    I'd meet with the dudes at KC but seems silly to go south, then go back north.

Repooc, if you could please pm me a cell phone number that I could reach in case of an emergency during travel that would be great. I don't think I would get lost or mauled by a moose in the 35km of travel but I'm the type who likes to be prepared. Thanks.

Really looking forward to this. Pre-thank yous to Repooc and Giiooovaani for organizing.

There is a good chance that I'm going away for the weekend, but if I don't, then I might be able to join this ride, (1198.)
    Last edited by R1girl; 07-28-2011 at 12:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lennay1031 View Post
    I'm coming from Markham and planning on taking highway 7 straight up. Anyone been down that stretch or advise against it/
    I'd meet with the dudes at KC but seems silly to go south, then go back north.

Repooc, if you could please pm me a cell phone number that I could reach in case of an emergency during travel that would be great. I don't think I would get lost or mauled by a moose in the 35km of travel but I'm the type who likes to be prepared. Thanks.

Really looking forward to this. Pre-thank yous to Repooc and Giiooovaani for organizing.
    Hwy 7 is a good road... just take your time as po-po likes to hide on the side roads. But is definitely a quick route as Hwy 7 turns into Winchester Road in Brooklin... and that will get you right to the Timmies located in Winchester/Baldwin

Check you PM box for my cell.

Giovanni and I will be there from 9:00

Fantastic, thanks for the heads up. I plan to be there around 930.

Can we meet at KC a little earlier? Say 9:15?

For anyone from the markham/gta area that want to ride to Brooklin together, there's a Tim Horton's on Highway 7 between Markham Road and 9th Line.
    Meet up around 8:45am, should take about 30 mins to get to Brooklin to meet up with everyone else.
    http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=Tim+Hor...,0.018024&z=15

Quote Originally Posted by acto View Post
    Can we meet at KC a little earlier? Say 9:15?
    Np see you at 9:15

Quote Originally Posted by mjocanada View Post
    For anyone from the markham/gta area that want to ride to Brooklin together, there's a Tim Horton's on Highway 7 between Markham Road and 9th Line.
    Meet up around 8:45am, should take about 30 mins to get to Brooklin to meet up with everyone else.
    http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=Tim+Hor...,0.018024&z=15
    Sure, it's on my way so I might as well stop by. Groovy.

This may look promising for me! Parts finally arrived. Got to install the new chain & sprockets, mount my mufflers, install the new battery and I think I'm ready to roll!!!! I too live in Markham very close to that Timmies at Hwy 7 & 9th line. I will update tomorrow evening if my bike is ready and confirm meeting you other riders at that Tims on Sunday morning. I will hopefully get it done Friday. It will be the first time my bike sees the road this year. Fingers crossed
    Last edited by sammy; 07-29-2011 at 02:51 AM.

blackrooster and acto: I will meet you at AC Timmies at 9:15am as well on Sunday. Weather permitting.
    Lance
    749dark

Quote Originally Posted by 7:49pm View Post
    blackrooster and acto: I will meet you at AC Timmies at 9:15am as well on Sunday. Weather permitting.
    Lance
    749dark
    Thanks for showing your commitment, 7:49pm (neat screen name BTW)..... I'll update the first post