HID group buy - Page 6

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: HID group buy

Re: HID group buy

Quote Originally Posted by ~/\L! G~ View Post
    ...NO MORE duty FEES, they ship now directly from CHINA!!!
    I guess that's putting it in a positive light

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

Ah crap.

My bulb is an H14... the only bulb DDM doesn't carry FFS

Edit: NVM, it's an H4... thanks for the link(s)!

How do you know which Wattage to order? and has anyone done this on an SV - whats the best location for the ballast?
    Last edited by Kri$han; 03-13-2012 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kri$han View Post
    How do you know which Wattage to order? and has anyone done this on an SV - whats the best location for the ballast?
    55 watt kicks ***. Are you getting the "high/low" H4? Or just going with low beam only?

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

was the order put down already?!!?
    can i still get 55 W both beams for a 09 ninja 250 8000k?! not sure on what H# it is
    09 Ninja 250 (Nov 2011)
    Loo for school
    Join upp Group Rides Facebook

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Quote Originally Posted by Bweixz View Post
    was the order put down already?!!?
    can i still get 55 W both beams for a 09 ninja 250 8000k?! not sure on what H# it is
    09 Ninja 250 is H7 bulbs. Dual 55 watt would be fine.

-Jamie M.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    09 Ninja 250 is H7 bulbs. Dual 55 watt would be fine.

-Jamie M.
    Alrite thanks! H7 55W 8000K for meee if this group buy goes down haha
    09 Ninja 250 (Nov 2011)
    Loo for school
    Join upp Group Rides Facebook

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

H4 35w bi-xenon 4300k or 5000k for me if it happens
    1998 Honda VFR800 -Current
    1982 Honda VF750S -Sold

If you go to the local place linked to earlier, they sell cheaply enough that there is no purpose in ordering in from the USA or elsewhere. Just go there and pick up what you want. No waiting no group buy no mailorder no nothing.

A 35-watt HID will put out more light (by a lot) than a 55-watt normal bulb and is less likely to overtax the electrical system in your bike. (The current demand is higher during warm-up.)

The 55-watt jobbies are likely to make you the obnoxious opposing-traffic driver who won't dim their lights at night.

The kijiji add is no longer up. I am wondering if anyone has the contact info and would be kind enough to pm me.. Appreciate it !

^MTR Lighting and Performance
    1110 Finch Ave W Unit #7
    Toronto, On, Canada
    Merhad 416-548-5707, 416-875-4404

Just purchased two sets of HID's for my cager from MTR.
    Haven't installed them yet but was very happy with the service.

MTR International - MTR Lighting & Performance
    1110 Finch Avenue West, Unit #7
    Toronto Ontario, Canada
    M3J 2T2

Phone: 416-875-4404* , 416-548-5707

Quote Originally Posted by ninja98r View Post
    Just purchased two sets of HID's for my cager from MTR.
    Thanks, just sent them a message asking if they have 55 watt kits. http://www.mtrinternationaltrade.com/

-Jamie M.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    55 watt kicks ***. Are you getting the "high/low" H4? Or just going with low beam only?

-Jamie M.
    high/low for sure... high beams are not something I'd wanna be without.

I think I'm gonna go for the 35W... 55W might put out too much heat for the reflector housing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kri$han View Post
    high/low for sure... high beams are not something I'd wanna be without.

I think I'm gonna go for the 35W... 55W might put out too much heat for the reflector housing.
    Your stock bulbs are 55 watt

Just make sure when you order you get the Hi/Lo version. Most H4 kits are low beam only.

-Jamie M.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Thank you guys!

2011 zx6r... suggestions?

Yup why what a week or more just walk in and buy em, they have been around for a few years now, I recommend them to everyone looking for LED or HID lighting

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post
    If you go to the local place linked to earlier, they sell cheaply enough that there is no purpose in ordering in from the USA or elsewhere. Just go there and pick up what you want. No waiting no group buy no mailorder no nothing.

A 35-watt HID will put out more light (by a lot) than a 55-watt normal bulb and is less likely to overtax the electrical system in your bike. (The current demand is higher during warm-up.)

The 55-watt jobbies are likely to make you the obnoxious opposing-traffic driver who won't dim their lights at night.

Quote Originally Posted by GP_RZ View Post
    Yup why what a week or more just walk in and buy em, they have been around for a few years now, I recommend them to everyone looking for LED or HID lighting
    Can you re-link their info?

-Jamie M.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Can someone give me a measurement of the DDM H4 Hi/Lo bulb from the base of the bulb that goes in the housing to the end including any connectors that stick out in the back. I would really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by daught View Post
    Can someone give me a measurement of the DDM H4 Hi/Lo bulb from the base of the bulb that goes in the housing to the end including any connectors that stick out in the back. I would really appreciate it.
    This is their 9007 hi/lo bulb. About 33mm from the mounting face of the bulb to the back of the high/low assembly. Add another 10mm for the wires coming out the back (at about the tightest radius I'd feel comfortable bending them at).

-Jamie M.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^