HID group buy - Page 3

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HID group buy

Re: HID group buy

Quote Originally Posted by jeffjones View Post
    www.ddmtuning.com is plug and play, I have bought H4's Hi/Lo, H7's, and H3's and the only mod I had to do was on the H3's was cut the male connector off one wire and crimp a female on.
    +1

DDM makes amazing kits. When ever anyone asks me to come over or brings their bike over to my place with HID problems, first thing I ask "is it DDM?" If it isn't, I make them order a DDM kit and when they bring it over I just replace whatever pacific mall GARBAGE they have in there, and put in the good stuff.

I always use DDM. Put Dual DDM 55 watt digital slim 3,000k kits in my 08 R6:

Put the exact same dual kit in my new 09 R6S (works much better with projectors).

And have installed tons of kits for other people.

Keep in mind, if you order the 55 watt kit, it ships from CHINA (not USPS like their website says), so it can take two or three weeks to get em!

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

Really I hear bad reviews on them on my car forum. Ok not bad but many say they are the same quality as the cheap china brands. My thinking always was unless you have a retrofit oem then they will all give you problems down the road.

To me driving down 20mins on the 401 beats shipping out and waiting for a replacement on warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    +1

I always use DDM. Put Dual DDM 55 watt digital slim 3,000k kits in my 08 R6:

Put the exact same dual kit in my new 09 R6S (works much better with projectors).

-Jamie M.
    You don't have any issues with the 55w ballasts burning your reflector housings? I had the ddm 55w in my car (equipped with halogen projectors) and the bulb burned a small spot at the back of the reflective dish

I'd imagine the burning would be worse and much more visible in a traditional housing... especially in such small ones on motorcycles

anyway, didn't stop me from installing it in my new car... lol

Banned

everyone putting in a hid plug and plag garbage kit that blinds other drivers on the road should have their bikes seized and crushed

Only when they aren't aimed properly.

Quote Originally Posted by daisoman View Post
    Only when they aren't aimed properly.
    Conventional lights aren't designed with a tight enough pattern to properly deal with HID's. They assume there is very little light that will fire off in other directions (which is true with normal bulbs). If your bike came with stock projectors, it may work with HID's but I have never seen normal lights work well with HID's.

Rationalize all you want, your lights are either aimed at the ground right in front of your bike (useless but cool looking) or blinding everybody else.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GreyGhost View Post
    Conventional lights aren't designed with a tight enough pattern to properly deal with HID's. They assume there is very little light that will fire off in other directions (which is true with normal bulbs). If your bike came with stock projectors, it may work with HID's but I have never seen normal lights work well with HID's.

Rationalize all you want, your lights are either aimed at the ground right in front of your bike (useless but cool looking) or blinding everybody else.
    People just dont understand...
    I drive for a living and lost count of the amount of times i have been completely blinded by these **** *** kits...you can see the glare from toysareforboys bike and its daytime lol

Banned

below image summarizes it quite well lol

Banned

Heres your ddm you guys get so excited about

Banned

Even trucks arent exempt from this retard thinking thats going on

I could keep posting but i think you guys get the idea

Banned

one more hahah this ones too good

oh what the hell, heres a video on this mental retardation that is sweeping the country

http://youtu.be/NMddE1TiSWM
    Last edited by Dohhh; 10-26-2011 at 10:21 PM.

hahaha... that's awesome. I'll bet those idiots never even go out of the city where you would actually need super bright lights. Good thing they can see their burger joint signs from a mile away.

My 929 has three 55W halogens right now. Single for low, and all three for high beam. My plan is to replace the centre low beam with a 35W HID and highs will get 55W HID's. I don't ride with high beams in the day, but my low beam reflector points quite low so I'm hoping the 35W HID will brighten that up enough that's it's more useful at night and a bit more visible in the day.
    -Dave
    2003 SV650S track bike, 2001 CBR929RR street bike

Quote Originally Posted by doozerdave View Post
    My 929 .. replace the centre low beam with a 35W HID and highs will get 55W HID's.
    I like your plan. I had HID's in my 929 and the stock reflectors don't do to well at containing the beam. If you put 55w in your low beam you'll probably never ever run your highbeam. I would ask on the CBR forums if they have any projector kit retrofits for your 929 and run three 55watt H4 high/low beam projectors. Then you'll have three low beams and three high beams

**Note: With this setup make sure you run an aftermarket headlight relay harness. I'd assume you'll need to build one from scratch for a triple low/high setup. Ask me for help if you don't know how.

-Jamie M.
    Last edited by toysareforboys; 10-27-2011 at 10:12 AM.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

I like your plan. I had HID's in my 929 and the stock reflectors don't do to well at containing the beam. If you put 55w in your low beam you'll probably never ever run your highbeam. I would ask on the CBR forums if they have any projector kit retrofits for your 929 and run three 55watt H4 high/low beam projectors. Then you'll have three low beams and three high beams

**Note: With this setup make sure you run an aftermarket headlight relay harness. I'd assume you'll need to build one from scratch for a triple low/high setup. Ask me for help if you don't know how.

-Jamie M.
    Nice bike, I had one just like it back in 2001/02. Took me 10 years to buy another one. haha...

Thanks for the info, I'll look into the reflectors. If I find I can't keep the beam under control then I'll revert to stock and just use 55W HIDs for the high beams.

Thanks for the offer to help, but I'm good. MacGyver is my middle name, without the mullet. hahaha...
    -Dave

Quote Originally Posted by doozerdave View Post
    Thanks for the offer to help, but I'm good. MacGyver is my middle name, without the mullet. hahaha...
    Nice. I miss my 929. Bought it new in '00 and fell off a horse so didn't get to ride it much. It had so much torque, absolute wheelie machine I guess now that HTA 172 is around it's probably better I'm on something more tame.

One of my favourite things to do is build headlight harnesses. 10ga oxygen free copper wire, 40amp sealed relays, silicone filled crimp connectors, etc. If it's worth doing, it's worth over doing

-Jamie M.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Nice. I miss my 929. Bought it new in '00 and fell off a horse so didn't get to ride it much. It had so much torque, absolute wheelie machine I guess now that HTA 172 is around it's probably better I'm on something more tame.

One of my favourite things to do is build headlight harnesses. 10ga oxygen free copper wire, 40amp sealed relays, silicone filled crimp connectors, etc. If it's worth doing, it's worth over doing

-Jamie M.
    seems like overkill for no reason....

Quote Originally Posted by LittleSaki View Post
    seems like overkill for no reason....
    I melted a few harnesses and connectors back in the day when I was running 400 watts of headlights (and 220 watts of fog lights) in my 04 Grand Prix GTP compG Since then, I always over build them.

-Jamie M.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

This is the throw on my 35w DDM kit.

Mark H.
    06 ZX-14

I was running 400 watts of headlights (and 220 watts of fog lights) in my 04 Grand Prix GTP compG
    You're insane. hahaha...
    -Dave

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirty View Post
    This is the throw on my 35w DDM kit.