HID group buy - Page 2

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HID group buy

Re: HID group buy

Quote Originally Posted by flameboy182 View Post
    Have you ever gotten hassled by cops or been pulled over for these things?

Or am I just being paranoid?
    I have been pulled over for having a light out (Honda F4i) and hassled about that, but he never mentioned anything about the HID's.
    I have them in my bike for almost 2 years and my headlights and foglights of my truck for almost 4 years and have never been asked about them ever.
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

I would also be in for this group buy. I was already planning to buy some over the winter with a friend, so this is perfect timing.
    -Dave
    2003 SV650S track bike, 2001 CBR929RR street bike

Quote Originally Posted by jeffjones View Post
    I have been pulled over for having a light out (Honda F4i) and hassled about that, but he never mentioned anything about the HID's.
    That's awesome... you had one light on and one light off and got pulled over? The rules for motorcycles are 1 front white light and 1 rear red light. That cop needs to go read the rule book again. haha...
    -Dave

Quote Originally Posted by doozerdave View Post
    That's awesome... you had one light on and one light off and got pulled over? The rules for motorcycles are 1 front white light and 1 rear red light. That cop needs to go read the rule book again. haha...
    I just shook my head at him and laughed. I tried to explain that one was low beam and one was hi beam and he actually told me to drive with my high beams on so that another cop didn't think I had a headlight out and get pulled over again lol.
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

I just shook my head at him and laughed. I tried to explain that one was low beam and one was hi beam and he actually told me to drive with my high beams on so that another cop didn't think I had a headlight out and get pulled over again lol.
    Even more awesome! He stopped you for something legal, and told you to do something illegal. haha...

So back to the group buy, is anything actually happening with this? Anybody volunteer to place the order yet?
    -Dave

So back to the group buy, is anything actually happening with this? Anybody volunteer to place the order yet?
    I don't need any HID's but I emailed ddmtuning today and asked if they would give you guys any sort of group buy discount...
    Not sure how long it will take to get a response but I thought it was worth a try?
    2001 CBR F4i

i'd be in for a set as well!

I bought from the kijiji ad posted previously for $35. Got a low beam h7 5000k. Can't go wrong with the price.

Sux to be a non gixxer owner. It always looks like you guys have a light out.

Quote Originally Posted by daisoman View Post
    But on the other hand, the good thing is I'm a non-Gixxer owner
    2001 CBR F4i

My 929 is awesome with centre low beam and two outer high beams.
    -Dave

But on the other hand, the good thing is I'm a non-Gixxer owner
    Lol nicely done.

But for real you guys should give the kijiji ad a shot. 1 year warranty too. And no I'm not the ad owner

Lol nicely done.

But for real you guys should give the kijiji ad a shot. 1 year warranty too. And no I'm not the ad owner
    Would rather pay more for brand name + lifetime warranty
    1998 Honda VFR800 -Current
    1982 Honda VF750S -Sold

I always thought aftermarket kits are all the same

I always thought aftermarket kits are all the same
    They are, they're all crap. Unless it's an OEM retrofit kit (which there are none of for bikes) it's made up of illegal lamps and cheap counterfeit ballasts. Just because some guy in China can mount an HID burner on a Halogen base doesn't make it right.

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet132 View Post
    Would rather pay more for brand name + lifetime warranty
    You've had enough grief with that VFR, you don't need to add to it with HID crap. There are NO name brand HID conversion kits. ALL 'name brand' conversion kits are counterfeit.

Should not be a problem if you go with something reasonable in terms of colour temperature (4500 K) and not ridiculously bright (stay with the 35 watt) and your high beam / low beam still works.

I may be up for a single-bulb H4 high-low 35W 4500K. At some point, someone needs to gather up exact specs on what everyone wants, collect some $, and place the order. I don't mind being that person as long as it's not an outrageous number of people.

Quote Originally Posted by VFR.CBR View Post
    They are, they're all crap. Unless it's an OEM retrofit kit (which there are none of for bikes) it's made up of illegal lamps and cheap counterfeit ballasts. Just because some guy in China can mount an HID burner on a Halogen base doesn't make it right.

You've had enough grief with that VFR, you don't need to add to it with HID crap. There are NO name brand HID conversion kits. ALL 'name brand' conversion kits are counterfeit.
    Was going to put 1 on my Dads Burgman 650 and the other on his van.
    1998 Honda VFR800 -Current
    1982 Honda VF750S -Sold

Well DDM got back to me with pretty much pointless information lol : "Discounts are available for larger orders (for details, the best option would be to contact Sales at 858-633-2020, Option 1)."
    So depending on many kits you guys are going to buy you can probably get some sort of discount, but how much? I'm not sure on that.
    2001 CBR F4i

I just thought of something... warranty. If we all buy through 1 person then that person will be the original owner and warranty will likely need to go through that person. How has this been handled with past group buys?
    -Dave

I just thought of something... warranty. If we all buy through 1 person then that person will be the original owner and warranty will likely need to go through that person. How has this been handled with past group buys?
    im sure you'd have to go back to that person, and get him to file for warranty
    riding a moped is like having sex with a fat chick.
    sure it may be fun, but you don't want your friends to find out

00 ZX12R

thats sounds like a pain in the *** for that guy