HID group buy - Page 7

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: HID group buy

Re: HID group buy

Thanks toysareforboys, I really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by daught View Post
    Thanks toysareforboys, I really appreciate it.
    No probs! OMFG, I installed the kit I got off ebay in my 07 Cobalt today! HOLY CRAP! It's CRAZY bright and has a super nice cut off for being in "regular" headlights!!! Has a cool purple tint around the edges and is super nice white in the middle (I went with 4,300k).

My only issues are one of the bulbs had a break in the insulation of the bulb tip wire and appeared to have glue on the bulb glass. The glue cleaned off with some rubbing alcohol, and I bent the wire/insulator back a bit so it wasn't resting right against the bulb. I e-mailed them for a replacement. It seems to be working peachy so far even though it flickers a bit on startup, I'll let you know what they say.

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

I have seen many projector HID retrofits that look very nice. I much rather have one of those than an Acura behind me.

What's the H4-2 and H4-3?
    Last edited by daught; 04-18-2012 at 06:01 PM.

What's the H4-2 and H4-3?
    I didn't get a clear answer when I e-mailed them. It sounded like H4-2 converts it to low beam only, H4-3 works on high and low beam, but that didn't really make sense because it's a high/low kit! My friend ordered the H4-3 and the kit worked perfect for her, kept the high/low function, etc.

Oh yeah, forgot to update this thread. I e-mailed them with a pic of the above bulb (I installed it and it's working fine anyway) and they expressed me out a new bulb no charge. New bulb arrived in perfect condition, no issues. Would highly recommend that seller.

I ordered this kit from the same people (non high/low) for my GF's 01 Prelude and it's equally as amazing as the high/low kit: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/110771829817

-Jamie M.
    Last edited by toysareforboys; 04-18-2012 at 09:06 PM.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Hmmm was just about to get the DDMs. I am ordering a bunch of stuff to a shipping warehouse in Niagara. Your guys are cheaper.

DDM 55W H4 Hi/Lo = $85+16.39+6(warehouse fee)
    Your guys 55w H4 Hi/Lo = 69.99 (including shipping)
    DO they include the wiring harness?

I wonder are the DDMs worth it?

I also wonder how these guys are http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2-PCS-1157-BA...ht_3094wt_1110 I burn out rear light all the time. I tried some SMD bulb but they weren't nearly as bright as incandescent
    Last edited by daught; 04-18-2012 at 10:34 PM.

Hmmm was just about to get the DDMs. I am ordering a bunch of stuff to a shipping warehouse in Niagara. Your guys are cheaper.

DDM 55W H4 Hi/Lo = $85+16.39+6(warehouse fee)
    Your guys 55w H4 Hi/Lo = 69.99 (including shipping)
    DO they include the wiring harness?

I wonder are the DDMs worth it?

I also wonder how these guys are http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2-PCS-1157-BA...ht_3094wt_1110 I burn out rear light all the time. I tried some SMD bulb but they weren't nearly as bright as incandescent
    DDM sucks now that they ship right from China. Absolutely NO quality control! I received two bad ballasts in ONE order, and it took a MONTH to receive my replacements!!! I don't recommend DDM anymore, and the shipping take forever!

Those ebay links I gave you are top quality AC 55 watt ballasts! Nobody can touch that price for AC 55w ballasts!

All of the wiring is included, fully upgraded stand alone wiring harness with relays.

-Jamie M.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Perfect thanks. This is the second time you recommend me something awesome. The teflon then HIDs.

Perfect thanks. This is the second time you recommend me something awesome. The teflon then HIDs.
    The teflon chain lube?? OMFG that stuff is amazing! I should stand outside lowes and everyone that comes in I'd be like "You own a bike? Why use messy crappy lube when you can use this stuff that smells like coconuts!" lol. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that Dupont Teflon "Multi-Use". I got 40,000km's out of my stock chain and it still looked new! I'm using it on my new bike/DID ERV3 and still no complaints

-Jamie M.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

The cree Q5 is a damn bright LED For $10 it sure as heck wouldn't hurt to give em a try!! The Q5 is like 5 watts and the biggest SMD bulb is probably 1.5 ish

-Jamie M.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    The cree Q5 is a damn bright LED For $10 it sure as heck wouldn't hurt to give em a try!! The Q5 is like 5 watts and the biggest SMD bulb is probably 1.5 ish

-Jamie M.
    What relay would you suggest running to use those in break lights/turn signals?
    1998 Honda VFR800 -Current
    1982 Honda VF750S -Sold

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet132 View Post
    What relay would you suggest running to use those in break lights/turn signals?
    If you can e-mail me a pic of your factory flasher relay and electrical connector for it I can recommend the exact perfect plug and play one! This works on the R6: http://www.customled.com/products/fl...sher_relay.htm

If there isn't one that matches your exact connector there is a universal one available from Royal that will work on any bike: http://www.royaldistributing.com/mai...PageNumber=370 (left hand page, lower right, $19.99 *MOTO LED IC RELAY FOR DC*)

-Jamie M.
    Last edited by toysareforboys; 04-19-2012 at 06:54 PM.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post

-Jamie M.
    I've used this one http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...5-T.htm#photos

I still think it's a little less bright than a normal 1157 bulb but it's pretty close, and it puts light out in all directions so that it will illuminate the whole reflector of a taillight or turn signal housing.

The Cree LED may be brighter but I'm concerned that it only projects light more-or-less forward - not back against the reflector. It might end up looking like a single bright point of light inside your housing rather than illuminating the whole lens. Had this problem with another, previous design of LED bulb.