I'm a noob

Thread: I'm a noob

I'm a noob

Just decided the other day that I can't handle TTC much longer and next year is going to be different. Got my M1 today, try to get my M2 by end of season and be ready to roll next spring. Just need to find a place to park in my condo since I don't own a spot... then I'll be ready to buy.

Never ridden before. Debating CBR250 or Ninja 250.

Looking forward to trolling the threads and maybe meet some folks on the road someday.

Re: I'm a noob

Welcome to the forums.
    2002 Honda CBR600 F4i

Welcome and congrats!

congrats! welcome to the forum!

I would go with ninja 250, they are cheaper, and lot of choices on the market.
    David L.
    2012 Ducati Streetfighter 848
    1995 Honda CBR900RR (SOLD)
    2008 Suzuki GSX-R600 (SOLD)
    2009 Yamaha FZ6R (SOLD)

Welcome - what's wrong with the TTC?
    ......"Nowhere is one as free as on the road with no destination in mind"

2007 Vulcan 1500 FI - Still Thrillin'
    2003 Honda Shadow Ace (sold)
    1979 Yamaha 650 Special (sold)

Welcome!!

Welcome to the forum. Ride safe!
    ~ Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war! ~

OK 8 months later and I've just purchased my first bike, a 2011 cbr250. Walked in to Ready Honda after work today and Ron there was a great help (fyi for downtown people that can't find a place to shop, this one is easy: subway to Islington then #1 miss transit but drops you off at their door about 20 minutes later). Got some dealer deals here and there, nothing special, pretty much all list and financed with waranty. I have this feeling like I probably I might have behaved a bit like a rube and gave him the easiest commission he's ever gotten but whatev, it's not an expensive bike, especially at 250 down and 1.9%. I don't feel like I'm allowed to negotiate when it's under 6 grand all in... HST is a b**** though. I'll have my ride by next week and I'm psyched! Summer comes early this year.
    Last edited by eljay; 03-22-2012 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Islington, not Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by eljay View Post
    (fyi for downtown people that can't find a place to shop, this one is easy: subway to kipling then #1 miss transit but drops you off at their door about 20 minutes later).
    Islington, not Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by eljay View Post
    OK 8 months later and I've just purchased my first bike, a 2011 cbr250. Walked in to Ready Honda after work today and Ron there was a great help (fyi for downtown people that can't find a place to shop, this one is easy: subway to kipling then #1 miss transit but drops you off at their door about 20 minutes later). Got some dealer deals here and there, nothing special, pretty much all list and financed with waranty. I have this feeling like I probably I might have behaved a bit like a rube and gave him the easiest commission he's ever gotten but whatev, it's not an expensive bike, especially at 250 down and 1.9%. I don't feel like I'm allowed to negotiate when it's under 6 grand all in... HST is a b**** though. I'll have my ride by next week and I'm psyched! Summer comes early this year.
    thats awesome! may i ask how much you got the bike for all taxes in? my gf is looking to buy a cbr/ninja 250 as well lmao
    09 Ninja 250 (Nov 2011)
    Loo for school
    Join upp Group Rides Facebook

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

nice bike, i want one too

Quote Originally Posted by Bweixz View Post
    thats awesome! may i ask how much you got the bike for all taxes in? my gf is looking to buy a cbr/ninja 250 as well lmao
    can't speak for him with the cbr but just to give you an idea, a new 2011 ninja at a dealer near my place cost 5499 + tax n freight i believe (but i think you can negotiate the freight fee out) so its like 6200 all in OTD. Not including registration/plates/other stuff

edit: this is pretty high compared to other dealers though, you can find lower ones still
    Last edited by Pan; 03-23-2012 at 08:52 AM.

You are right ViperZ, Islington, my bad.
    Last edited by eljay; 03-22-2012 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bweixz View Post
    I got 5700 ALL in with 4 years warranty and with 2 years financing at 1.9%.. 245 a month. I put $250 down and walked out with that deal, just waiting for assembly. The financing is too good to be true in the short term. Don't let them talk you into extended terms, 3yrs 3.9%, 4 years 4.9%... the forward implied rates start getting pretty jacked.

It's an 11, I don't know if they're deposit match extends to the 12, but I have a feeling there way they were talking there will be a promo on the 12s in a few weeks since the season appears to be starting early. The current promo is only on the 11s.... Oh and I took the last black one hehe, there's only red left!