$%@$#@^% Japanese engineers! - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: $%@$#@^% Japanese engineers!

Re: $%@$#@^% Japs!

Quote Originally Posted by sircastic View Post
    Depends on who you ask (heavily influenced by where they're from)
    .... and how much of their family died at Culloden.

But that doesn't affect wiring colour.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by prick View Post
    After over three hours, approx 5 fuses, and a few choice words, I have finally installed my new protons. Have they ever heard of the international wiring code of red for positive and black for ground? Seriously, did they really have to wire one side of the bike with blue wire and the other side with orange?

C'mon do they do this on purpose to **** with us??

End of rant!
    Work on A/C electric, its the opposite. Now don't go shocking yourself
    Resident Loudmouth

Quote Originally Posted by RetroGrouch View Post
    A Scot is a Brit, as in a citizen of Great Britain, along with the Welsh, Northern Irish and English.
    Is that like we Canadians are Americans since we live in North America?

..Tom
    2006 V-Strom DL650 * 202,000 km 125,500 miles * 2012 V-Strom DL650 *
    Ride Ride Ride!

Why Cars don't see bikes (SMIDSY)

SMIDSY detailed report

Quote Originally Posted by V-Tom View Post
    Is that like we Canadians are Americans since we live in North America?

..Tom
    Canadians are North Americans, just like Americans and Mexicans. But North America is a continent, a geographical collective and not bound by a common government although we do share similar cultural elements.
    "I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    No, then it's an insult. There's a difference.

Bloody Sassenachs.
    sorry, got my pejorative terms wrong

Quote Originally Posted by RetroGrouch View Post
    A Scot is a Brit, as in a citizen of Great Britain, along with the Welsh, Northern Irish and English.
    You missed the joke.

Back to the wiring, although it should follow the colours in the wiring diagrams there really is not much of a "universal" standard since the wiring has multiple wires and it would be a PITA to assemble or work on if they were all the same colour. In the end all the manufacturer really cares about is how to make the machine cheaper (as in less labour costs and less cost of parts) to assemble.

You are ALL RACIST!!!! I'm Polish and now I'm crying, waaaaaaaah!

But, now I'm not! I don't care because it's just a word - ACTIONS are what should be called out on.

Quote Originally Posted by elkymutt View Post
    You are ALL RACIST!!!! I'm Polish and now I'm crying, waaaaaaaah!

But, now I'm not! I don't care because it's just a word - ACTIONS are what should be called out on.
    I crushed a Polish doughut once, am I racist?

Quote Originally Posted by fastar1 View Post
    I crushed a Polish doughut once, am I racist?
    YUP! Waaaaaaaaaaah!
    that's it... I've had enough crying for one day - I can't move on with my live until you apologize and feel dumb for being called out.

F'n troll!

It's funny how the title of this thread was changed!

Quote Originally Posted by backmarkerducati View Post
    Back to the wiring, although it should follow the colours in the wiring diagrams there really is not much of a "universal" standard since the wiring has multiple wires and it would be a PITA to assemble or work on if they were all the same colour. In the end all the manufacturer really cares about is how to make the machine cheaper (as in less labour costs and less cost of parts) to assemble.
    There's also a certain amount of consideration, that must be made, for the poor shop schlub who has to work on the thing. Make all of the wiring the same colour and make the tech have to manually trace every single connection, and the already difficult job of tracing electrical faults becomes virtually impossible.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Here's a bit of relevant amusement relevant to this thread:
    http://xkcd.com/927/

Btw, xkcd comics usually have an extra caption when you hover your cursor over the image but you'll have to click on the link to get there
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Rob MacLennan

There's also a certain amount of consideration, that must be made, for the poor shop schlub who has to work on the thing. Make all of the wiring the same colour and make the tech have to manually trace every single connection, and the already difficult job of tracing electrical faults becomes virtually impossible.

Reminds me of when I used to do contract work for Toronto Fire. The wiring under the dash of a Smeal firetruck is ALL red ????? Picture that.

Re: $%@$#@^% Japanese engineers!

with those wire colors... it musta been a honda... o wait. its in your display pic.. Honda!
    got pix of those protons? share !!

Quote Originally Posted by prick View Post
    After over three hours, approx 5 fuses, and a few choice words, I have finally installed my new protons. Have they ever heard of the international wiring code of red for positive and black for ground? Seriously, did they really have to wire one side of the bike with blue wire and the other side with orange?

C'mon do they do this on purpose to **** with us??

End of rant!