407 Confusion - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 407 Confusion

Banned

Re: 407 Confusion

Quote Originally Posted by Cat13 View Post
    Its 4 bucks a month for the transponder fee.... I still have mine though I hardly use the 407. Every couple months I toss $20 onto my account. I spend more in coffee in a week.... And its worth the elimination of a traffic headache on those days when I take it.
    I chose to go by annual lease which at $21.50 annually cuts the monthly cost of the transponder to $1.79 per month. I don't use the 407 often, but the annual transponder lease is pretty cheap. If you do more than 3 one-way trips a year at the current rates for non-transponder monthly account fee and video toll charges, the annual transponder lease will save you money.

the transponder fee is not charged if you don't have a transponder. i've on occasion used the 407 and the first time i got them to reverse the vid fee, i've never paid a transponder fee.
    x

Quote Originally Posted by slow View Post
    Question...if they can flag motorcycle plates (cause it's not reasonable to put a transponder for them), why don't they flag car plates and eliminate the use of transponders all together (besides a cash grab)?
    Because it takes time to read the plate number. The motorcycle exemption is only because they can't come up with a viable alternate. The last thing they want is a bunch of lost or stolen M/C transponders screwing up their billing.