OPP Hiding Spots - Page 2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OPP Hiding Spots

Re: OPP Hiding Spots

Quote Originally Posted by britor View Post
    How about you just don't speed over the posted limits? Then no need to worry about where they are. Personally i'm all for them being out there and keeping the roads safe from idiots who want to speed.
    Just got your G1 did ya?

welcome!

hope you don't get a compact car enema from your speed limit driving.
    It's the Least I Could Do

This motorcycle is simply too goddamn fast to ride at speed in any kind of normal road traffic unless you're ready to go straight down the centerline with your nuts on fire and a silent scream in your throat.

Police hide around every blind corner or rise so they can ping you when you come over it.

Otherwise: http://www.dailyxy.com/cities/toront...adar-detector/
    "We at DailyXY don’t condone speeding. In fact, we condone not speeding – in these specific places."

YYMV HTH HAND

404 south bound at finch always there, south side of the bridge!!

Banned

Date: Sat July 16/11
    Location: 410 South under Williams PKWY bridge (radar trap). Tow truck other side.
    Frequency:

Eglinton east. a couple places.
    1) just east of Bayview shooting eastbound traffic just after the slight crest.
    2) just easy of Leslie, near the overhead railway bridge, shooting both east and westbound traffic.

Just keep to the limit between Bayview and the DVP on Eglinton. They always do well in these locations, multiple officers, almost never fails that they always have at least one car pulled over, as soon as that unlucky sap is on their way they are yanking somebody else to the side of the road.

As far as date and frequency, I see them at least once a week if not more.

Banned

For those with smart-phones, when you pull over for a rest, update the rest of us on your popo sightings along your ride.

Date: July 16/17 2011
    Location: Brampton - McLaughlin 3 lights north of Bovaird (Van Kirk?) white Peel ghost car radar trap.
    Frequency: Twice in two days.
    Last edited by Prince; 07-17-2011 at 02:38 PM.

I agree but I wasn't stating what causes more collisions I was just saying which ones are more fatal.

Just like there are far more collisions on regular streets then highways.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    Rapidly decreasing speeds in transition zones are more likely to cause collisions than decreases over longer distances.
    2010 Suzuki GS500F

Please help me reach my goal in raising money for a great cause.
    Here is the link to my Ride For Site page.
    Thank-you =)

http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx...onID%3d1326806

For those who are unaware, cops are not allowed to give speeding tickets when doing radar on private property unless they were given permission from the owners (which is rare to NEVER). So if u get a ticket and the cop clocked you on a driveway or even a non-city owned parking lot, fight it. They can't just choose any spot they think may catch you, ie, a dirt driveway as posted here at the beginning of the thread.
    "Anyone can open the throttle and go fast, but it takes real skill to bank a motorcycle around a corner so that you feel like if you get any lower, you might **** your pants."

Quote Originally Posted by Giti View Post
    I hate cars that provoke bikers to speed or race. The outcome is always the same. We win.
    1997 Suzuki GSX-R 600
    1995 Honda XR650L
    1993 Suzuki RMX250R
    1994 Suzuki Katana GSX 600 - SOLD

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mavelick95 View Post
    For those who are unaware, cops are not allowed to give speeding tickets when doing radar on private property unless they were given permission from the owners (which is rare to NEVER). So if u get a ticket and the cop clocked you on a driveway or even a non-city owned parking lot, fight it. They can't just choose any spot they think may catch you, ie, a dirt driveway as posted here at the beginning of the thread.
    This claim is patently false. While a property owner can certainly ask the cop to move along somewhere else if the owner doesn't want the cop doing radar from his or her property, it does not invalidate tickets already issued from that spot.

Quote Originally Posted by rafiki911 View Post
    I agree but I wasn't stating what causes more collisions I was just saying which ones are more fatal.

Just like there are far more collisions on regular streets then highways.
    And what I was attempting to say is that high speed, alone, doesn't cause collisions. Speed differential, as in transition zones, tends to create a situation in which collisions are more likely to occur. A highway full of people, who are all travelling at 140 Kmh, doesn't create a situation in which collisions are likely to occur.

You are incorrect. It is of no import whether the officer was on private property or public property, when he took his readings.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    And what I was attempting to say is that high speed, alone, doesn't cause collisions. Speed differential, as in transition zones, tends to create a situation in which collisions are more likely to occur. A highway full of people, who are all travelling at 140 Kmh, doesn't create a situation in which collisions are likely to occur.

You are incorrect. It is of no import whether the officer was on private property or public property, when he took his readings.
    Quote Originally Posted by turbodish View Post
    This claim is patently false. While a property owner can certainly ask the cop to move along somewhere else if the owner doesn't want the cop doing radar from his or her property, it does not invalidate tickets already issued from that spot.
    Wow super glad you guys cleared that up for me. Thanks
    "Anyone can open the throttle and go fast, but it takes real skill to bank a motorcycle around a corner so that you feel like if you get any lower, you might **** your pants."

Quote Originally Posted by Giti View Post
    I hate cars that provoke bikers to speed or race. The outcome is always the same. We win.
    1997 Suzuki GSX-R 600
    1995 Honda XR650L
    1993 Suzuki RMX250R
    1994 Suzuki Katana GSX 600 - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by nfq View Post
    welcome!
    It's a troll.
    I enjoy listening to the radio at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven.

I wave at cops I see you.

cbr125looksfun

Not to derail, but if they are radaring your bike, just take off. Those big comfy all black or white gmc suburbans they use are fast but they aren't quick. And I see cops trying to speed by all the time and other drivers just dont let them pass because everyone knows cops are just *explitives*. Would be sad if they are actually doing proper police work (accident or *real* crime) and have to get slowed down by ****** drivers but that's the reputation they give themselves...

you probs heard that police cannot give you a speeding ticket if your on private property which is true as you have to be on the highway.

there is nothing wrong with them being on the private property.

I remember reading a story from the infamous Speedway a few years ago where he was caught in a RADAR trap by an officer that was set up on his own driveway. I think the outcome of the story was the officer tearing up the ticket because he didn't have permission to be on Speedways property
    Well-weathered leather
    Hot metal and oil
    The scented country air
    Sunlight on chrome
    The blur of the landscape
    Every nerve aware

Rush - Red Barchetta

Quote Originally Posted by Prince View Post
    OPP Hiding Spots.

The OPP seem to be targeting sport bikes hard this year. Post your most frequent sightings of OPP / Toronto / Peel / Durham police hiding spots below. Format:

Date:

Date: Thursday July 14/11
    Location: HWY 10 heading north, 2 KM's from 410 exit, OPP unmarked hiding in a dirt driveway on west side, tow truck waiting on east side.
    Frequency: Twice

Note: Signal your fellow riders! Tap your helmet. This is really big in Quebec, and works. Get it going in Ontario. Fellow riders ARE looking at you for a wave, so they WILL see you.

Keep this thread moving ...
    Usually they are in my side mirrors trying to do the BANZAI sneek attack trying to ever so slightly creep up on me-Ty

Mississauga Road
    Date: Sunday, July 17th
    Location: Mississauga Road, parked on the side of the road by the Golf Club Entrance southbound before you hit the QEW Hamilton exit,
    Frequency: All the damn time, including today.

Instead of this thread just keep www.trapster.com updated

There are several spots that I pass usually 3-4 times a week.

Steeles Ave:
    1) Steeles Ave westbound at Islington Ave - Just as you you pass under the train bridge just east of Islington. They're on the north side trapping westbound drivers.

2) Steeles Ave eastbound at Martin Grove Rd - They're on the south side by the bus shelter on Gihon Spring Rd trapping drivers going eastbound.

3) Martin Grove Rd southbound at Garfella Dr - They're on the west side behind the light standard by the cross walk near the school trapping drivers going southbound on Martin Grove.
    2000 Ninja 500R