A website I found very intresting! - Track pedia.com

Thread: A website I found very intresting! - Track pedia.com

A website I found very intresting! - Track pedia.com

http://www.trackpedia.com/wiki/Main_Page

"Welcome to Trackpedia.com! Full of turn by turn guides, excellent telemetry, informative videos, and the one and only community dedicated to drivers, riders, owners and enthusiasts of the open track. Trackpedia.com is always free and once you register you can update and extend all content to help your fellow drivers and riders. So buckle up and join us. There are currently 969 tracks and articles on the wiki. "
    My Ride: 2009 Ninja 250R SE

Re: A website I found very intresting! - Track pedia.com

Quote Originally Posted by guym View Post
    http://www.trackpedia.com/wiki/Main_Page"Welcome to Trackpedia.com! Full of turn by turn guides, excellent telemetry, informative videos, and the one and only community dedicated to drivers, riders, owners and enthusiasts of the open track. Trackpedia.com is always free and once you register you can update and extend all content to help your fellow drivers and riders. So buckle up and join us. There are currently 969 tracks and articles on the wiki. "
    It looks like it has some potential, as long as they get a strong community of knowledgable people making contributions. Nice post.
    2011 Yamaha R6 in Red
    2006 SV650S - Sold

Mont Tremblant,,,,,,,, Sniff,,,, Sniff.

Why do they name turns at a track? Any significance (i.e. so and so crashed here so it's Gilles corner?) ?
    It's the Least I Could Do

This motorcycle is simply too goddamn fast to ride at speed in any kind of normal road traffic unless you're ready to go straight down the centerline with your nuts on fire and a silent scream in your throat.

Quote Originally Posted by nfq View Post
    Why do they name turns at a track? Any significance (i.e. so and so crashed here so it's Gilles corner?) ?
    Sure, lots of that... like the Wall of Champions in Montreal.. named because of so many champions crashing on that turn.. most recognized onesamon HillMichael SchumacherJaques VilleneuveOther than that you've got honor/tribute paid to riders/drivers, like the Schumacher S, formerly the Audi S, on the Nurburgring.
    2011 Yamaha R6 in Red
    2006 SV650S - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by SweetOnion View Post
    Sure, lots of that... like the Wall of Champions in Montreal.. named because of so many champions crashing on that turn.. most recognized onesamon HillMichael SchumacherJaques VilleneuveOther than that you've got honor/tribute paid to riders/drivers, like the Schumacher S, formerly the Audi S, on the Nurburgring.
    Makes sense. Thanks!
    It's the Least I Could Do

This motorcycle is simply too goddamn fast to ride at speed in any kind of normal road traffic unless you're ready to go straight down the centerline with your nuts on fire and a silent scream in your throat.