Motorcycle Toolkit Checklist?

Thread: Motorcycle Toolkit Checklist?

Motorcycle Toolkit Checklist?

I have a Yamaha TW200 and I'm wondering is there a motorcycle tool-kit available? I know the bike already has a tool-kit, but not sure it's enough. Any recommendations are appreciated.
    Last edited by RodneyBR; 07-10-2011 at 10:57 PM.

Re: Motorcycle Toolkit Checklist?

Tire plug kit. Very cheap and can be a life saver for yourself or anyone you ride with. Works for cars too.
    "It's only once you've lost everything that you're free to do anything." - Tyler Durden

2005 SV650S : Mar 2011 - Oct 2011

Quote Originally Posted by jeero View Post
    Tire plug kit. Very cheap and can be a life saver for yourself or anyone you ride with. Works for cars too.
    Not sure if the TW200 is tubeless. If it is then ya I tire plug kit but if it isn't then you should think about carrying around spare tubes, and practice changing them with just the tools in your backpack/toolkit.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Drivingbadly.com - A safe driving blog
    Gameaspect.com - A video game review and news site that I'm a contributor to.

You're right, the TW200 tires have tubes. So would be a repair kit for tubed tires. There are products like Slime (http://www.slime.com/) for tubed tires, that would be the quickest option to repairing the tire until you could repair it properly or replace the tube.

Quote Originally Posted by joeboo View Post
    Not sure if the TW200 is tubeless. If it is then ya I tire plug kit but if it isn't then you should think about carrying around spare tubes, and practice changing them with just the tools in your backpack/toolkit.

Small vice grips (clamp them on to the stub of your broken levers after a crash), stainless steel wire and zipties
    WeeStrom!

One of those small single battery powerful LED flashlights from China.
    Mark H.
    06 ZX-14