Went Down Today - FML - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Went Down Today - FML

Re: Went Down Today - FML

Bike parts can be repaired or replaced, body parts won't. Good for you, if you win that ticket send a new gas tank for a vstar my way )

Good you are still here to tell us about it, and good you are not in a wheel chair now because that could have been your back snapping instead of your fender.
    2009 Yamaha V Star 650 Midnight Custom

glad all is well I was riding by with a fellow rider on a gsxr, as the cop car was leaving the seen saw your orange zx6r on the flat bed. The hole *** end was tiped up at a 90 degree bend. I thoght for sure that rider was taken by ambulance.

Luck was with you for sure, given the force you got hit from behind with. Good thing you didn't have a passenger or they would surely have been launched either into you or over you. Scarey stuff man!

Quote Originally Posted by Green Meenie View Post
    Luck was with you for sure, given the force you got hit from behind with. Good thing you didn't have a passenger or they would surely have been launched either into you or over you. Scarey stuff man!
    That's exactly why I will never have a passenger
    2009 Yamaha V Star 650 Midnight Custom

So glad you are all right. I hope you got checked out even though you felt okay. Things have a way of creeping up on you. Better to have a record of it as well.

Whenever a vehicle is coming up behind me I start to move the bike from side to side and get ready to hit the throttle. Nice in theory. Hope I never have find out if it really works or not.

Dress for the slide not for the ride.

1990 Honda ST1100 – current
    Honda 919 - jason's new ride I plan to steal
    1983 & 1984 Honda CX650E and 1984 Honda VF500 Interceptor - kids bikes I steal when they are not home
    1981 Suzuki GS850G - sold

Motorcycle Instructor - Sheridan College

Oh it hurts to see a bike like that. Glad your alright. By any chance, was it a short lady - cuz I always see these little women driving these SUV's and can hardly see over the steering wheel.

40million this weekend - buy your lottery ticket yet?

It's pretty obvious her eyes weren't on the road. Regardless of the reason (texting, eating, putting on make-up, etc.), she deserved whatever charges she got.

Glad you walked away from it though. Someone's watching over you.

Quote Originally Posted by dj_hp View Post
    It's pretty obvious her eyes weren't on the road. Regardless of the reason (texting, eating, putting on make-up, etc.), she deserved whatever charges she got.

Glad you walked away from it though. Someone's watching over you.
    I would imagine her eyes were on the lights, and hoping they would change before she got there. Willing to bet we have all done that. Pretty easy to miss a bike when approaching from behind as well, that is the smallest size, and least lit a bike can be. If the rider was wearing dark clothing, that makes it even smaller. Not defending the driver at all, just pointing out some of the obvious that many have ignored. All riders need to make sure they do all they can to make them noticable from the rear. Those fancy tails that get put on the sport bikes, do nothing to make them noticable.

Holy crap, you are one lucky dude. Glad your ok

Quote Originally Posted by icsam View Post

There it is. I was behind the thick white line and that's where I ended up.
    Click on link for larger image.
    2010 Suzuki GS500F

Please help me reach my goal in raising money for a great cause.
    Here is the link to my Ride For Site page.
    Thank-you =)

http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx...onID%3d1326806

Glad you're ok.. Yikes
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Quote Originally Posted by bear22099 View Post
    I would imagine her eyes were on the lights, and hoping they would change before she got there. Willing to bet we have all done that. Pretty easy to miss a bike when approaching from behind as well, that is the smallest size, and least lit a bike can be. If the rider was wearing dark clothing, that makes it even smaller. Not defending the driver at all, just pointing out some of the obvious that many have ignored. All riders need to make sure they do all they can to make them noticable from the rear. Those fancy tails that get put on the sport bikes, do nothing to make them noticable.
    And what about a five year old walking across the street with no lights or bright clothing? There is NO EXCUSE for driving into something in front of you in a situation like this.

OP, glad you're reasonably okay.
    2010 BMW S1000RR

In Bradford at 2:00 on my home from Hockley, just taking it all in - what a great day.
    Come to a red light in front of Wal-Mart and all is good.
    Light about to turn so I get myself ready to go.
    Light turn green and BANG - Ford Explorer puts herself right onto my bike.

The good: I walked away - not a scratch on me and alot of witnesses stopped to make sure I was OK.
    The Bad: Bike may be a total loss, whole rear end damaged as well as the handlebars forward controls.

Same story - I didn't see you. It was a red light FFS!!
    She got hit with careless, I'm out a bike for now.

I am, however, really grateful to be typing this today.
    You never think it'll happen to you, FML.

Pics when I get them uploaded tomorrow,

RIDE SAFE!!!
    Same thing happen to me on April 29, my zx6r is now gonne and already have another bike. If you are with SF I can tell you exactly how things are going to go since i just experienced.
    Quote Originally Posted by AGAVE View Post
    Paulo is protected by A.S.S.- Agave's Security Services

and by the way, even if you feel 100% ok, you are not, trust me. I was fine for about 1 1/2 months and then started getting this pain on my right shoulder, now the pain is there constantly, I was just sent to do an ultrasound, a bunch of exams and x-rays. Trust me, people told me too open and claim and I said, nahhhh i am fine, i end up opening a claim just in case and I am glad i did. I got to go for physio and so on.

Free advice
    Last edited by ZX600; 07-12-2011 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZX600 View Post
    Same thing happen to me on April 29, my zx6r is now gonne and already have another bike. If you are with SF I can tell you exactly how things are going to go since i just experienced.
    How will things go? I'm with SF and I'm curious.
    slowsucks...

Quote Originally Posted by slow View Post
    How will things go? I'm with SF and I'm curious.
    -Get a copy of the police report
    -Call SF and file a "no fault claim" they will get a report from the police.
    -After you report it, the will call you back within a couple of days (1 day for me) to take your claim. You will get two calls, once from the claims department and one from the "personal injury department" dont remember the exact name.
    - The claims department will ask you where the bike is and ask you to move the bike to your favourite motorcycle shop so they can conduct an estimate, if you don't have one, they will give you some authorized dealer names.
    - Get the bike moved to that shop by your favourite tow service (ha ha) as soon as possible - the faster you get stuff done the faster you will get your money.
    -Once the bike is moved, tell state farm the bike was moved.
    - The shop should create an estimate so it can be determined if it is a total loss or can be repaired. State farm will send an adjuster to the shop to check the bike.
    *****be on top of the shop top get the estimate faxed to SF, and be on top of SF to send the adjuster to the shop ASAP*****
    - Once the estimate determines the bike is totalled, the process goes to a different department, i believe its called "total loss" department, not sure, they will call you within a day or two and start the settlement process.
    -Make sure you tell them every "performance enhancement" part your bike had... HID kits and rim tape don't count ..in my case they paid me extra for my braided brake lines, I had collected all other parts I could already by going to the shop the day after my bike got hit
    -make sure to include your helmet or any other piece of gear that got damaged if any
    -Get some online quotes or even better dealer quotes for bikes similar brand, year and kilometers. The guy that settles will be doing the same, so teh more prepared you are the more money you will get.

From the day my bike got hit to the day I got my money was about 4 weeks, and thats because the shop "snow city" took over a week to prepare the damm estimate

I couldn't have been more satisfied with State Farm and their process.

I am sure there are a few more details i am forgetting but I got a very fair price for my bike

Judging from that pic, looks like this is not her first accident
    Attachment 25361

There it is. I was behind the thick white line and that's where I ended up.
    Click on link for larger image.

Confirmed today, it's a write off. Frame got bent too and they deemed it non repairable.
    I loved that bike and bought it for the awesome colour. It'll be missed.

ZX600 - can you message me your number, I'd like to discuss your claim process with State Farm further.

Thanks again everyone for your kind words and concern, I am sore but feeling better everyday so I'll be back on 2 wheels soon.
    Just have to decide what I want.
    2009 Candy Burnt Orange ZX6R
    Solo Seat Cover, Competition Werks Fender Eliminator, Driven D3 Grips, M4 GP Slip On - Stage 2 Silencer Shogun, No Cut Frame Sliders, Lumenez HID's

RIP

ZX600 - can you message me your number, I'll be back on 2 wheels soon.
    Just have to decide what I want.
    PM sent and in regards on what's next.....hint hint Look at my avatar

this should help you

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...8250-Next-Bike

I got an R6 for sale if you're looking for another bike.

Lucky too btw, ride safe. get a airbag jacket too.
    Next bike?
    1999 Yamaha YZF R6 (SOLD - Owned it briefly, very nice bike.)
    1990 Honda CBR600F1 (SOLD - Old bike, but good upgrade)

2000 Kawasaki ZZR250R (1 Seasons - SOLD - Great bike)
    2007 Honda CBR125R (1 Week - SOLD - too slow, felt like a scooter)

I don't know about the dent but if it was from before you can only imagine what driving habits some people have.
    I thought u decorated her car with that dent, i know i would have at least been tempted to with my fist / foot....., it would accent the dent where her eyes should be quite nicely.

Glad you are OK, driving in a car is bad enough with some people on the road. Just yesterday on my way home from work i avoided being t boned 2ce and side scraped 1ce. and this is a 20 minute drive. Every time someone doesn't give enough room to bikers i lose it, because i have seen enough avoidable accidents that resulted in serious injuries.

A similar incident happened to a friend of mine, except he was at a stop sign, and an older gentlemen that looked like some near death hospital patient driving an old Oldsmobile, hooked up to an O2 tank in the passenger seat (i am being serious about this one) rear ended my buddy. Luckily my buddy was riding an older 83-85 Honda Shadow cruiser and happened to stand up off the seat to stretch his legs just at the moment of collision. The bike flew from underneath his feet and he walked away without a scratch.

Once again, glad you are OK, and hope something good comes out of this (like a new bike)

I try to look at things as "Whatever happens, happens for a reason"

Take care man