Lower Base Line Halton (Oakville, Milton area)

Thread: Lower Base Line Halton (Oakville, Milton area)

Lower Base Line Halton (Oakville, Milton area)

Hey folks, Lower Base Line between Bronte Road (25) and 4th Line.

They have done a little road work. For clarification I'm NOT talking about the road closure between 5th-6th. Anyway, just east of when the road gets twisty, there is a section of road that is missing and there really isn't much warning. There is one sign about 1 kilometer before that says there are road works happening, but they don't tell you what.

The MISSING bit of pavement runs the full width of the road for about 4-5 feet. It isn't a huge deal, but can catch you out. There is only loose gravel. If you are traveling towards the west, you should be able to see it no problem. If you are going east, you can't see it in time.... you come over the last turn/crest before the road straightens out and all the sudden - there it is.

Also, that entire stretch of road has a thin layer of red clay.

Re: Lower Base Line Halton (Oakville, Milton area)

go faster....try it at 200.....its smooth and you blow white dust everywhere
    "I" have received "3" (and 2 points) warnings at GTA Motorcycle.com

YO....its about time...I'm honored

Re: Lower Base Line Halton (Oakville, Milton area)

I was eastbound on that road today with no problems, but the red clay in the corners just west of the bridge made things interesting.... it slowed me down enough that I don't remember the gravel being an issue.