Our ride! (2006 Yamaha TW200)

Thread: Our ride! (2006 Yamaha TW200)

Cool Our ride! (2006 Yamaha TW200)

The bike was only delivered yesterday (July 6, 2011) and insurance (State Farm) needed pics of the bike, so I had to take her out of the storage unit. I figured since she's out, I'd take her for a spin around the parking lot a few times. Just to see that everything was ok with the bike. Looks like GP Bikes (where I bought it) cleaned the bike fairly well and included a full tank of gas. I'm hoping they did all other other checks as well, but I'll go over that more carefully later.

Nice bike and plenty fast when cranked, more than enough for a beginner (my wife) and should keep me happy for a while. I found it very easy to maneuver, comfortable and it has a certain fun factor that you'd expect from a dual-sport bike.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0883.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	100.3 KB 
ID:	25333 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0882.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	25334 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0894.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	25372
    Last edited by RodneyBR; 07-10-2011 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Adding more pics

Re: Our ride! (2006 Yamaha TW200)

awsome! my fav bike ever!!!!

They are fun as heck in sand and mud. The stuff I could ride through made others on regular enduros and quads shake their heads in disbelief.

Congrats and enjoy!!!!

I haven't been in the sand and mud yet, but looking forward to it. I won't get much time to ride it until August which is a bummer. I have my M1 and planning getting my M2 later this year. I'm more interested in quite country roads and trails, so a pleasure bike, not for commuting. Either way I have to be ultra careful. I have all the gear, except pants, which I plan on getting before hitting the road.

Congrats, that lil yammie definitely has character. If you're not familiar with them already, you'll probably want to get acquainted with the Ontario Federation of Trail Riders.

Heard of them before, but never got involved, but hope to.

Banned

im a member of oftr, and its a good organization.

Back in the day I had a 1987 TW200. Awesome little bike. Lots of fun, easy to ride, cheap to insure, sips on gas like a lawn mower, and there are lots of cool accessories for it.
    Keep the front wheel in the air and the shiny side up.

Guelph
    Past bikes-77 Yam YZ100, 80 Hon CR125, 84 Yam XT600, 86 Hon CR250, 87 Yam TW200, 03 Hon CBR954, 05 Busa
    Current bikes- 08 Busa, 06 Hon CRF50

I also think they sound pretty cool when backing off the throttle. Grats on the bike!

"You tell...and I will smack you like a bad, bad donkey, okay?"- Pepe Prawn

Ya, it does sound pretty sweet ! For a low cc bike, it really does have plenty of character. I'm a beginner biker. Hubby and I were shopping around for awhile when this little bike tugged at just the right string, lol.Hubby shaved the seat a bit for me, as I just break the 5'1" barrier and have a small, petite frame. I found it intimidating at first but it's forgiving and I've figured out how to balance it and even flat foot with a little lean.It gets head turns because of its dual sport look, lots do a double take. I ride around the side streets for now until I do my M2 course at Durham college .
    Quote Originally Posted by Tango5 View Post
    I also think they sound pretty cool when backing off the throttle. Grats on the bike!

I wish I had tires like that on my DRZ 400!

"You tell...and I will smack you like a bad, bad donkey, okay?"- Pepe Prawn

Big back tire! Yep, that's one of the things I love about it and want to take it off the street and on to some trails! Would be nice to get a feel for travelling over gravel/dirt. I'm thinking a little off road may help in learning different factors for controlling the bike that I could possibly use on the road too.
    Quote Originally Posted by AGS View Post
    I wish I had tires like that on my DRZ 400!

Oh we are going off roaring and yea, off roaring can come in handy when on-road. Like for example when locking up the back tire
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangepeel View Post
    Big back tire! Yep, that's one of the things I love about it and want to take it off the street and on to some trails! Would be nice to get a feel for travelling over gravel/dirt. I'm thinking a little off road may help in learning different factors for controlling the bike that I could possibly use on the road too.
    Regards,
    Rodney Reynolds

Motorcycle Group: CLICK HERE | My Distractions: CLICK HERE | I Saw You: CLICK HERE

04 VFR800 (Current)
    11 CBR250R (Current - Wife's)
    06 Kawasaki 650R
    06 Yamaha TW200
    83 Honda 100cc