Tobermory, Mantoulin, Sudbury, Kilarnie and parts, July 12/13

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tobermory, Mantoulin, Sudbury, Kilarnie and parts, July 12/13

Tobermory, Mantoulin, Sudbury, Kilarnie and parts, July 12/13

Plan is to leave Burlington at about 6 am, pick up the 11 am ferry across to Mantoulin, tour around end then head over to Sudbury for the evening. Next morning head south and the west into Kilarney, back out and then south along Georgian Bay.

If there are any like minded experienced sport or sport touring riders that would like to join you are welcome. It will be a spirited run, no extreme speeds, but not hanging at or under the limit. We like twisties.

We will be getting separate rooms in Sudbury so we can all get a good rest. Likely have a few drinks etc.

Each rider is responsible for booking there ferry trip on-line for July 12th 11:20, we don't want anyone to get left out at the ferry. Here is the link:

http://www.chicheemaun.com/chi/engli...ule_fares.html

Please text me if you are interested in joining.

Adam
    289-888-2531
    Last edited by Adamant; 07-05-2011 at 02:25 PM.
    My Ride 1999 Honda VFR 800

Re: Tobermory, Mantoulin, Sudbury, Kilarnie and parts, July 12/13

Man, that seems AWESOME!!! Too bad I have work VFR here too.. booooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ecto • 2006 Honda VeeFourRoad 800A (Pearl Black)
    I'm too sexy for my turban.

that's a maybe for me - staff returns July 13th so might be okay.
    will keep you posted.
    Found a free wifi spot on the popular motorcycle routes local or touring? Add to the list> here

23c and sunny in the north. Perfect riding weather. Third guy out do to a busted tranny on his m109r. Just Retrogrouch and myself, macdoc may join Tuesday morning for a bit.

Should be fun if anyone wants to join.

Departing Tuesday morning 6ish, catching the 11:20 ferry.

Heading up guelph line and #1 sideroad at 6 am, tobermory by 10.

Might meet you - where are you crossing the 401?
    post up here 15 min before you leave or email me.....
    Found a free wifi spot on the popular motorcycle routes local or touring? Add to the list> here

At about 6 i think, at Cambelville rd and Guelph line up to the end and then up and around Guelph and over to six and on. will post when leaving my house, it will take about 15 min to reach Guelph line.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
    At about 6 i think, at Cambelville rd and Guelph line up to the end and then up and around Guelph and over to six and on. will post when leaving my house, it will take about 15 min to reach Guelph line.
    PM me, I have a 5km little road on North Bruce thats off Hwy 6 that will put a smile on your face if you like "spirited" riding
    Quote Originally Posted by AGAVE View Post
    Paulo is protected by A.S.S.- Agave's Security Services

Okay - say the Ice House then.? Have an eye out. Good place to gas for anyone that isn't tanked up.

If I'm not there don't wait.

Watch the weather

this is to the west from one of my suppliers in Chicago....when this system breaks it will be violent.
    Just wait it out in shelter.
    I've been through a couple and could barely keep the bike upright on the shoulder. Lot of big energy in this system

Sorry – really bad storm pounded entire area... Had to get the chainsaw out and cut up a tree so could get on my way. Nasty stuff. Luckily no trees impacts house or car, missed that stuff, but branches down all over + a big tree right across the drive of course... And trees down across a lot of roads too. We just don’t see storm activity like this too often – talking 70+ MPH winds for over 20 minutes. Corn fields really got pounded, this hurt bad some of the fields that didn’t have breaks on the west to protect this eastern hit.

Take care on Manitoulin Island. *LOTS* of OPP presence.

If I can get the day off Wednesday, I might ride out of Sudbury with you and part way back down south. I'll have to PM/post later tonight. Anybody going to be checking email/GTAM Tuesday night from the road?

When in Killarney, be sure to get the fish n' chips at the chip stand. Delicious!!

What's your plan for the ride south? You going to hit up some roads in the Muskoka's/Huntsville, or just head back to HWY6 and back down?

Quote Originally Posted by MacDoc View Post
    Okay - say the Ice House then.? Have an eye out. Good place to gas for anyone that isn't tanked up.

If I'm not there don't wait.

Watch the weather

this is to the west from one of my suppliers in Chicago....when this system breaks it will be violent.
    Just wait it out in shelter.
    I've been through a couple and could barely keep the bike upright on the shoulder. Lot of big energy in this system
    Ok, 6 am ice house, if your not there we will carry on.

Weather looks good from what I have seen

Quote Originally Posted by EVANS View Post
    Take care on Manitoulin Island. *LOTS* of OPP presence.

If I can get the day off Wednesday, I might ride out of Sudbury with you and part way back down south. I'll have to PM/post later tonight. Anybody going to be checking email/GTAM Tuesday night from the road?

When in Killarney, be sure to get the fish n' chips at the chip stand. Delicious!!

What's your plan for the ride south? You going to hit up some roads in the Muskoka's/Huntsville, or just head back to HWY6 and back down?
    Ya I will be checking the thread Tuesday night. Plan after kilarney is undecided, maybe down arround Georgian bay or if we are making good time down through hunstville and halibuttin area, 507 etc.

Good. If I get the day off, and you don't mind, I might join up in Sudbury and ride down with you guys. I'll PM you tonight or tomorrow. If you don't hear from me, ride safe and have fun.

Enjoy the north.

DAVE

Quote Originally Posted by EVANS View Post
    Good. If I get the day off, and you don't mind, I might join up in Sudbury and ride down with you guys. I'll PM you tonight or tomorrow. If you don't hear from me, ride safe and have fun.

Enjoy the north.

DAVE
    Sounds good. Or you can text me 289-888-2531

Bah! I was thinking of running up that way to Sault on the 23rd Someone told me you have to have your own tie-down straps for the ferry??
    09 Victory Vegas 8 Ball
    84 Yamaha XJ750 (sold)
    84 Honda VT750(sold)
    01 Suzuki Marauder 250 (sold)

The ferry service offers (dirty) ropes for tying down, right next to the front control station. Cheap cambuckles/ratchet straps are quicker for the knot-challenged.

Thanks for that - will take my own.

No pics Adam?

Quote Originally Posted by MacDoc View Post
    Thanks for that - will take my own.

No pics Adam?
    No, no pics (I only took a picture of the boat and of our bikes in Muskoka). It was pretty crazy as 5 hours into the ride I got the call about my employee's husband Lawrence who had been in a terrible accident. So after that I was a bit nervous riding. Mantoulin is way to bumpy, we should have just gone straight up 6. From little current to eramosa it was nice. Didn't go to Kilarney, cruised around Muskoka instead. And then over to Wassaga and home. All in all it was a good ride. I would have had my camera gear with me if my givi rack had not broken. But at least it broke before we left!

Adam you didnt miss a thing by not going to Kilarney. Crap road and crap fish and chips and way over priced inspite of what you may have heard. Glad you had a safe trip!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
    No, no pics (I only took a picture of the boat and of our bikes in Muskoka). It was pretty crazy as 5 hours into the ride I got the call about my employee's husband Lawrence who had been in a terrible accident. So after that I was a bit nervous riding. Mantoulin is way to bumpy, we should have just gone straight up 6. From little current to eramosa it was nice. Didn't go to Kilarney, cruised around Muskoka instead. And then over to Wassaga and home. All in all it was a good ride. I would have had my camera gear with me if my givi rack had not broken. But at least it broke before we left!

That was a fabulous 4-day weekend (I managed to sneak off on Thursday). If you want good fish + chips, find the trailer in Kagawong, across from Bridal Veil Falls. The owners buy fresh stuff from the local fishery and give it a thin cornmeal batter.

Air mattress + Beer + Clean Air + Sunny Skies = Perfect.