Upgrading from sport to cruiser - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Upgrading from sport to cruiser

Re: Upgrading from sport to cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by MacDoc View Post
    maybe you should too.....it's all going that way instead of ancient tech you are riding......try something modern for a change.....
    twisties to touring

Honda got the picture with the VFR DCT
    Burgman 650 and big Aprilla 850 owners have known it for a while.......

You get to concentrate on the riding ....not gear juggling.
    It's called driving ... amazing how people got along fine "juggling" and driving all at the same time without breaking concentration for all these years?!?!?!? (if i knew how to add a roll-y eyes thing i'd put it in here) ... ridiculous.

^^^... Don't you get it?
    Who wants to juggle gears all day?... Riding a scooter is the cool thing to do...

in your 80's.
    Even then, I'd rather ride a Harley (Not that there is anything wrong with that) than be seen on a scooter.
    Mina

.....it's all going that way instead of ancient tech you are riding......try something modern for a change.....
    You get to concentrate on the riding ....not gear juggling.
    Yeah, "juggling" gears is what's holding motorcycling back in the Dark Ages.
    I wave to everybody. Just not you.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBiker View Post
    Yeah, "juggling" gears is what's holding motorcycling back in the Dark Ages.
    He doesn't like confrontations.
    You probably won't hear from him in this thread again...
    Mina

relax everyone lol big scoots are kinda cool. They have their market
    Happiness isn't around the corner, happiness IS the corner

Instructor @ Learning Curves

Quote Originally Posted by wearelopey View Post
    relax everyone lol big scoots are kinda cool. They have their market
    Biased. You're only saying that because you want one. lol... I read your 'riding a scooter in the winter' thread.
    Mina

Sure - 60,000 posts worldwide on myriad sites mostly science and technical based and hundreds of trolls dispensed with and I don't like confrontation.

Stay on topic - I'm just needling Baggsy for what he clearly doesn't know anything about.

The future is moving towards sport auto and CVT whether the horse and buggy brigade likes it or not. Just as it has with the high end sports cars.
    43 years riding I could give rats *** about grasshoppers.....and their ill informed opinions.

Carry on.....
    Found a free wifi spot on the popular motorcycle routes local or touring? Add to the list> here

Sure - 60,000 posts worldwide on myriad sites mostly science and technical based and hundreds of trolls dispensed with and I don't like confrontation.

Stay on topic - I'm just needling Baggsy for what he clearly doesn't know anything about.

The future is moving towards sport auto and CVT whether the horse and buggy brigade likes it or not. Just as it has with the high end sports cars.
    43 years riding I could give rats *** about grasshoppers.....and their ill informed opinions.

Carry on.....
    I really hope its not moving towards automatic shifting. Even in a car I prefer driving stick, I feel much more in control of the vehicle then I do with an automatic. I sold my Acura 1.6 EL last year and bought a honda accord v6 gas guzzling machine which has soooo much more power then the acura, but its automatic. I regret selling the Acura, it was more fun and I felt it had better performance purely based on controlling the gear changes. I would not buy an automatic motorcycle, not because I am against it, but because I prefer the control of shifting.
    Last edited by wonderings; 08-25-2011 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderings View Post
    I really hope its not moving towards automatic shifting. Even in a car I prefer driving stick, I feel much more in control of the vehicle then I do with an automatic. I sold my Acura 1.6 EL last year and bought a honda accord v6 gas guzzling machine which has soooo much more power then the acura, but its automatic. I regret selling the Acura, it was more fun and I felt it had better performance purely based on the controlling the gear changes. I would not buy an automatic motorcycle, not because I am against it, but because I prefer the control of shifting.
    +1... very well said.
    Automatic (CVT) transmissions are for wussies... and girls.
    (no offence to any female gear shifting rider, most of you will probably out-ride my a-ss)
    Last edited by 2live&ride; 08-25-2011 at 02:35 PM.
    Mina

^Agreed.
    I'll give up riding before I start pushing a CVT around. At that point it may as well be a car, so why put up with all the inconvenience of two wheels with none of the joys?
    I wave to everybody. Just not you.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBiker View Post
    ^Agreed.
    I'll give up riding before I start pushing a CVT around. At that point it may as well be a car, so why put up with all the inconvenience of two wheels with none of the joys?
    I wouldnt give up riding if it was the only choice. The feel of the motor is just one of the things that is enjoyable about riding. Being open, out there, the smells, sights, sounds, in the elements. Even with an automatic, I would still enjoy it... just not as much

Quote Originally Posted by wonderings View Post
    I wouldnt give up riding if it was the only choice. The feel of the motor is just one of the things that is enjoyable about riding. Being open, out there, the smells, sights, sounds, in the elements. Even with an automatic, I would still enjoy it... just not as much
    I don't see that happening. Ever.
    Mina

Quote Originally Posted by 2live&ride View Post
    I don't see that happening. Ever.
    Neither do I.

There is a large audience of people who would never buy an automatic.