Mechanic wont return my bike. Civil or Criminal process? - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mechanic wont return my bike. Civil or Criminal process?

Re: Mechanic wont return my bike. Civil or Criminal process?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    Such as a libel/slander suit that a business can well afford to prosecute, but the average person could be bankrupted by. That's even if proven groundless.
    since that business seems really shaddy, i doubt the biz owner has extra money to sue someone. plus, can anyone sue anyone else for things said on the internet? omg this guy called me an A hole on the internet, can i sue him for damages? doubt it.

i can see all these bad reviews about riders choice and Gp bikes in the review section. has anyone been sued yet? no.

OP please name this guy's shop, so other people can stay away from his shaddy practices. OP if you dont name his shop, other people could get screwed by him.
    Last edited by SkyRider; 07-09-2011 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyRider View Post
    since that business seems really shaddy, i doubt the biz owner has extra money to sue someone. plus, can anyone sue anyone else for things said on the internet? omg this guy called me an A hole on the internet, can i sue him for damages? doubt it.

i can see all these bad reviews about riders choice and Gp bikes in the review section. has anyone been sued yet? no.

OP please name this guy's shop, so other people can stay away from his shaddy practices. OP if you dont name his shop, other people could get screwed by him.
    Can you be sued for what's said on the internet? Yes, you can, if the business can demonstrate damage to reputation and income, based on falsehoods. Being called names isn't sufficient cause. The statements don't even necessarily have to be false, but that would need to be shown in court. That costs money.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    Can you be sued for what's said on the internet? Yes, you can, if the business can demonstrate damage to reputation and income, based on falsehoods. Being called names isn't sufficient cause. The statements don't even necessarily have to be false, but that would need to be shown in court. That costs money.
    has riders choice or gp bikes sued anyone on gtam for negative reviews yet? has a movie studio sued any movie critics for bad movie reviews?

OP plz name the shop, don't think you will get sued. that mechanic couldn't even return your bike for this long, doubt he's gonna spend $2000 to retain a lawyer lol.
    Last edited by SkyRider; 07-09-2011 at 01:14 PM.