Hwy 13 (Southwood) condition as of June 30th 2011 - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hwy 13 (Southwood) condition as of June 30th 2011

Re: Hwy 13 (Southwood) condition as of June 30th 2011

Went through on Monday before the rain and it was great shape(for this road)

Quote Originally Posted by STARSHIP View Post
    Went through on Monday before the rain and it was great shape(for this road)
    You can't be serious? Was there on Sunday and I wouldn't advise anyone without a dual sport to hit that road. I'm sure there in the process of repaving but it's in pretty rough shape, lots of loose sand and torn up sections of tar and chip.
    Barrie and area riders.
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...d.php?t=123778

Amsoil Oil? PM me

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Quote Originally Posted by boooya View Post
    You can't be serious? Was there on Sunday and I wouldn't advise anyone without a dual sport to hit that road. I'm sure there in the process of repaving but it's in pretty rough shape, lots of loose sand and torn up sections of tar and chip.
    Went up there this past Sunday as well headed north and wasn't all that bad would say 7-10 for road conditions. Four of us pre-rode it went through Gravenhurst then came down 11 and went back up spirited with no issues. All of us were on SS and other then the train tracks close to the end no scares. I would agree that it should be for moderate to expert level since you need to pay extra attention and be comfortable being committed if you come across a small hole or light dusting of gravel.

I think we have a different definitions of good road conditions.
    I would rate it a 4 at best out of 10.
    Barrie and area riders.
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...d.php?t=123778

Amsoil Oil? PM me

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Southwood always has gravel and sand on it, and will never be perfect. It was the best I have seen it in recent memory and was fine enough for a spirited ride. We came accross gravel in some corners as we did on 518 and Swords.

It was just fine on Monday... Some bumps and pothole or two... Nothing major. Tar and chip sections were well packed, almost as good as real pavement.