Elephant Lake Road - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Elephant Lake Road

Re: Elephant Lake Road

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon View Post
    was on Elephant lake friday, and I thought the road was good, I didn't notice any bumps or weird stuff and I was taking it pretty fast, even swapped bikes and ripped it up on a CBR1000
    Depends on the tire you run. My Battle Ax BT002 which is an aggressive race tire was slipping all over that surface. Even at the last corner before the stop sign I took it at maybe 110 kph and the back tire slipped out. Was the same experience for my friend riding with me, I'll avoid that road till I do a tire switch.

" Run as fast as you can, then jump and slide on the pavement. Now think of traveling at 80 MPH and doing the same. Don't be a squid, wear proper gear. "

Peterborough, or just where ever the road takes me

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Manhattan View Post
    Depends on the tire you run. My Battle Ax BT002 which is an aggressive race tire was slipping all over that surface. Even at the last corner before the stop sign I took it at maybe 110 kph and the back tire slipped out. Was the same experience for my friend riding with me, I'll avoid that road till I do a tire switch.
    I have BT016s on my bike, not sure what was on the CBR, but I didn't notice any slipping on either bike
    Not wearing gear while riding is like unprotected sex. Sooner or later you're going to get a rash!

BT-016's on my Ducati Monster S4R and it was glued. Mind you it took some substantial life out of the back tire!
    WOOOO HOOOO!

The paving is definitly not the smoothest job ever.

I had my GoPro recording ever since I got on 507, and as soon as I turned onto Elephant Lake Rd you can see it get a tad rougher. (not the entire road....just some parts)

As Dr mentioned...it's different depending on the tire...I'd says also depending on the bike, and the condition/setup of suspension.

Regardless.....fun fun road.
    -Matt
    1997 VFR750F RC36
    1986 VFR750F Honda Interceptor (sold)
    1986 Honda Interceptor VF500 (sold)
    enhanced by Platinum Powersports

Slowbird, that's your bike now? I don't know why I didn't notice sooner, that's my favourite year of VFR! Does your GoPro get good audio? It would be nice to hear that thing!
    1996 Kawasaki ZX11D - "When I'm on the road, I'm indestructible. No one can stop me ... but they try."

The first 50 km/h zone is littered with a huge dumping of gravel that lasts until it hits 60 again; then, there's scattered gravel all over the rest of Elephant lake and Peterson's roads. Not a good ride unless you're there for sightseeing