TMP - June26th Video - Page 3

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TMP - June26th Video

Re: TMP - June26th Video

Any idea when/where we can get pics from the photographer who was on hand?

Weather was amazing and it's great seeing all the videos!
    For all your Paint, Repair and Plastic Welding - Cheekeebandito http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/member.php?u=182

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth1 View Post
    Any idea when/where we can get pics from the photographer who was on hand?
    Send tim@timduquettephotography.com an email.

He does all the GWB days apparently.
    I've sent him two emails and still no reply. He's either busy or away for the week.
    Mods: Armor Bodies Superbike bodywork, BT-003 RS, Renthal 50mm Clipons, Bickle warmers, etc, etc...Gear: ATGATT down to the mouthguard.A few vintage Yamaha bikes.http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/a...ksigDay4T2.jpg

Is it wrong that my favorite corners are 6 and 9?
    2010 Suzuki GS500F

Please help me reach my goal in raising money for a great cause.
    Here is the link to my Ride For Site page.
    Thank-you =)

http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx...onID%3d1326806

Tim will get back to you... sometimes it takes time.

Quote Originally Posted by Panici View Post
    Send tim@timduquettephotography.com an email.

He does all the GWB days apparently.
    I've sent him two emails and still no reply. He's either busy or away for the week.
    Quote Originally Posted by R1Guy View Post
    Tim will get back to you... sometimes it takes time.
    Thanks, I sent him an email for this day and another I did before and didn't hear back so wasn't sure if his email changed or it was someone else. Hoping to hear back from him soon, his pics look amazing.
    For all your Paint, Repair and Plastic Welding - Cheekeebandito http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/member.php?u=182

Quote Originally Posted by Fiery254 View Post
    You nearly lost your camera as well, you lucky sod. Nice though, 'fess up and move on.
    That damn Go-Pro suction cup would probably take a chunk of the bodywork off before I'd lose it. Mind you the non waterproof cover wouldn't have held up too well in the lovely swamp puddle.

Looks like you doin' pretty good before the crash... do you now what went wrong in the corner?
    To be honest, not really. I've heard when things like that happen, time goes in slow motion. But for me it was leaned over then I was on my *** covered in mud. Looking at the footage, it appears I tucked the front when the handlebars take a quick left turn mid corner. The falling over motion then made me tug on the throttle which spun the rear out and caused the counter clockwise spin.

Next session after some clean-up I put the go-pro at the same angle just on the clutch side of the bike and found the root to my problems, definitely not getting off the bike enough on left handers. Which then causes me to lean the bike over too far as my knee isn't there to gauge. Something to work-on next time out.

Overall lap times weren't bad, at my best with not too much traffic I was consistantly at 1:26 with my quickest a mid 1:25, no where near you crazy 1:13'ers but not too shabby for my second day out.

Quote Originally Posted by Panici View Post
    Nice map, i'll have to start memorizing turn numbers
    My favorite section right now would have to be 10,11,12.
    Turn 6 is definitely my weakest as well. By the end of the 26th, I was starting to get the hang of the left hand bends.

I'm going to practice being smooth before I push for more speed. I can tell my inputs are too harsh, and it's going to bite me once I get faster.

Justin, I felt that crash watching from here. Good thing you had spares.

Do you find it helpful to look at your GoPro footage afterwards?
    My camera lets me sort of see lines, but it's not a wide angle, so I can't point it back at myself to see what i'm doing on the bike.

It looked alot worse then it was, no bruises or any pain for me and just the footpeg and spool on the bike. I really like checking out the go-pro footage after the day. I find it beneficial to critique (sp) yourself and compare to other peoples footage to see where you could run quicker. Definitely helps with my lines too. Other than having a GPS lap tracker, its the next best thing. You can get a pretty close idea of lap times too by using the white line on the front straight with the time elapsed.

Quote Originally Posted by rafiki911 View Post
    Is it wrong that my favorite corners are 6 and 9?
    So long as your partner likes the same 'corners' then you're good to go. Otherwise your preference is wasted.
    Spineless swines. Cemented minds.

Hey guys, sorry it took so long to post ... Had some uploading issues and then by the time it finally worked the sound got disabled due to some audio tracks I had added. Live and learn. I have a few sessions recorded but only the first one uploaded so far. This is the Novice group I should add.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wriGNLQgV4M
    2011 Yamaha R6 in Red
    2006 SV650S - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by SweetOnion View Post
    Hey guys, sorry it took so long to post ... Had some uploading issues and then by the time it finally worked the sound got disabled due to some audio tracks I had added. Live and learn. I have a few sessions recorded but only the first one uploaded so far. This is the Novice group I should add.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wriGNLQgV4M
    Hmmm... you guys were in novice but I don't think you should have been passing people in the corners unless the rules have changed? I didn't get to listen to the Novice / Intermediate riders meeting because we were taken aside for our own express meeting.
    From what I saw in earlier laps it looks like Justin was taking 6 way to wide going through the turn... there is always crap on the outer edge of the track there. Not saying that's what happen only a warning for the future.
    Last edited by R1Guy; 07-05-2011 at 12:54 PM.

Hmmm... you guys were in novice but I don't think you should have been passing people in the corners unless the rules have changed? I didn't get to listen to the Novice / Intermediate riders meeting because we were taken aside for our own express meeting.From what I saw in earlier laps it looks like Justin was taking 6 way to wide going through the turn... there is always crap on the outer edge of the track there. Not saying that's what happen only a warning for the future.
    Not trying to get into any type of internet altercations, especially since we have talked on PM but... I really don't pass people in the corners. I am very careful about not passing people mid corner, especially on the inside. I really only pass people on the brakes.... unless you are talking about slowly making my way through the traffic that is literally crawling through the corners... I do that on the outsides also. I really do put an effort into not spooking people as I go around them... haven't caused any crashes yet. I am not planning on staying in beginner any more... that was it for me. My fourth track day... First track day I did 2 years ago was the same thing, beginner is just crawling out there but the straight away speed is much too great for my lowly SV to keep up... I just don't like the idea of people blasting up the inside of me into turn 1, as my bike is clearly much slower than pretty much everyone else's... and I am still working on my own confidence. If you can point out any moments that you think are questionable, I will definitely watch it a few times over and try to make some mental improvements. Also I have some more vids uploading at the moment... Here's the second session... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35gCmJR8aMA
    2011 Yamaha R6 in Red
    2006 SV650S - Sold

My only comment is... thanks for not starting another thread for every new video that day!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6e2d2Fl39l0Here's Session 5 I believe... 2nd one after lunch I think.
    2011 Yamaha R6 in Red
    2006 SV650S - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by fastar1 View Post
    My only comment is... thanks for not starting another thread for every new video that day!
    hahah, you're welcome. As long as R1Guy doesn't mind me poaching on his thread.
    2011 Yamaha R6 in Red
    2006 SV650S - Sold

Where is the music like R1guy... hip hop music or whatever called... I think R1guy is pointing out 2:50, 8:40-ish move.Yes, you should go in Intermediate next time.
    BTW, please teach me something, how do you keep vid quality decent and upload more than 10min on youtube?
    We totally hijacked R1guys thread... I know he is generous and okay with this move ...

Quote Originally Posted by kamenrider View Post
    Where is the music like R1guy... hip hop music or whatever called... I think R1guy is pointing out 2:50, 8:40-ish move.Yes, you should go in Intermediate next time.BTW, please teach me something, how do you keep vid quality decent and upload more than 10min on youtube? We totally hijacked R1guys thread... I know he is generous and okay with this move ...
    I know, Kamen.. I tried to get the music. I put 3 songs in the first vid and even sync'd up the music to events on track, but then the audio got disabled due to copywrite on the music!!!!

If someone wants to fill me in on circumventing that I would love to know.In regard to the times listed: Are those from the first session or 2nd?? When I check them I see only open track.

The video quality decent and uploading... Well, it took days my friend but what I had to do was upload from uh... somewhere other than home! My files are between 650-750MB for a 720p file. If it wasn't for a commercial connection it would take hours upon hours to upload a single one.
    Last edited by SweetOnion; 07-05-2011 at 02:49 PM.
    2011 Yamaha R6 in Red
    2006 SV650S - Sold

fixed
    Last edited by SweetOnion; 07-05-2011 at 02:50 PM. Reason: fixed
    2011 Yamaha R6 in Red
    2006 SV650S - Sold

2011 Yamaha R6 in Red
    2006 SV650S - Sold

Thanks SweetOnion. I only have Roger's cable connection...(extreme or whatever but not so extreme for uploading speed) Well, I give up then. Just pain in the neck to chopping vid sometime... I can chop but cannot put pieces together.... I must ask my kid to explain how...
    I wonder why R1guy's music has not been taken away.... because they are terrible and nobody cares!? lol...

Quote Originally Posted by kamenrider View Post
    Thanks SweetOnion. I only have Roger's cable connection...(extreme or whatever but not so extreme for uploading speed) Well, I give up then. Just pain in the neck to chopping vid sometime... I can chop but cannot put pieces together.... I must ask my kid to explain how...
    I wonder why R1guy's music has not been taken away.... because they are terrible and nobody cares!? lol...
    That could be it?? I had NIN - March of the Pigs, Machine Head, and Refused.

Anyway the Roger's extreme might do it not too badly but take maybe 3-4 hours. How big are your files?
    My 1080 files are just over 2GB so I went down to 720.

As you can see by the amount of uploads I've done today, I am on an insane crazy fast connection currently.
    2011 Yamaha R6 in Red
    2006 SV650S - Sold

Yes this was definitely a hijack of R1's thread, but good to get all related videos from the same day in one thread. As for turn 6, I was doing my best to follow the cones that day. In accordance with cones, turn in for turn 6 is way late which may not be the best line for me, I'll have to try some different lines through there. It really is a conundrum to me.

With video quality, I've found .MP4 files to be the best bet for size vs quality. My 4 minute crash video was only 30 something MB and in 720, it only took 9 minutes to upload to the tube. Not really sure what all the coversion things mean when I render the video in Movie Studio, theres tons of options but it turned out clear and small.