TMP - June26th Video - Page 2

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TMP - June26th Video

Re: TMP - June26th Video

Well it got me on Sunday, first session 3rd lap. Was way too confident in the first session, my apologies to anyone unhappy with my passing. Got what was coming to me though. Luckily only a busted rearset (had a spare) and rear spool, missed one session.

http://youtu.be/W3O8MaE4WkM?t=3m22s

In the end, improved my lap-times and had loads of fun. Very well run day again by GWB, no major issues at all. Medics never moved.

Quote Originally Posted by R1Guy View Post
    Yeah that's what I figured... Out of all the corners at TMP I think that is probably my slowest.
    A "Chicane Pass" wish you would have got that on video... Thanks.
    I definitely was not expecting anyone to overtake me there. I've thought about trying it a few times on Luke but that stupid Miller motor in his R6 makes it tough to get around. Andrew made that pass in a heat race but i managed to stay beside him through the next three turns and took it back into 12. He's a fun guy to race against.

Quote Originally Posted by fastar1 View Post
    I make up a lot of time by shedding speed all the way through turn 2 instead of braking in a straight line and then carrying steady throttle through it. I treat 2 as the braking zone for 3, basically making it one long decreasing radius corner. You're doing it in 1 so I'm sure you can handle it in 2.
    That's pretty much the right way to do it. Once you start picking up more speed in 3 you might find yourself rolling back on the throttle between 2 and 3. Then run the bike to the outside of the track before you throw it in to 3. Turn 2 is a tremendously fast corner but it's a bit intimidating. Turn 2 and turn 12 are probably the two areas where i could pick up the most time to drop into the 1:13s.

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    That's pretty much the right way to do it. Once you start picking up more speed in 3 you might find yourself rolling back on the throttle between 2 and 3. Then run the bike to the outside of the track before you throw it in to 3. Turn 2 is a tremendously fast corner but it's a bit intimidating. Turn 2 and turn 12 are probably the two areas where i could pick up the most time to drop into the 1:13s.
    Yeah, after posting I thought you guys will be a carrying a lot more speed into 2 so the pucker factor will be exponentially higher. It's easy for me to talk about but I'm not in your shoes.

I think turn 2/3 is the only place I make decent time. Like you said on the gas between but you have to shed some speed with the front break while leaned over for 3(atleast I do). 1:13! Jeez I was trying my damndest to get a 1:19,

I definitely was not expecting anyone to overtake me there. I've thought about trying it a few times on Luke but that stupid Miller motor in his R6 makes it tough to get around. Andrew made that pass in a heat race but i managed to stay beside him through the next three turns and took it back into 12. He's a fun guy to race against.
    Anyone anticipating a pass through there could easily take the tight line without sacrificing any speed and block any potential for a pass, I would think?

Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyEh View Post
    Well it got me on Sunday, first session 3rd lap. Was way too confident in the first session, my apologies to anyone unhappy with my passing. Got what was coming to me though. Luckily only a busted rearset (had a spare) and rear spool, missed one session.

In the end, improved my lap-times and had loads of fun. Very well run day again by GWB, no major issues at all. Medics never moved.
    Ah I remember you, I was thinking about yelling "AH HA!" when I rode by...kidding. Here ya go:

*~Maggie~*

I remember you too! Only when I saw you, as I was coming through 6) you had a lot more mud on your bike!

Turn 2 and turn 12 are probably the two areas where i could pick up the most time to drop into the 1:13s.
    1:13's... nice!
    Was that with a stock motor?

Haha thanks, it was definitely a bow your head in shame moment. Yes the bike was covered in mud as was my white suit. Ill think twice about white gear from now on... Live and learn

Yeah, after posting I thought you guys will be a carrying a lot more speed into 2 so the pucker factor will be exponentially higher. It's easy for me to talk about but I'm not in your shoes.
    Quote Originally Posted by dricked View Post
    I think turn 2/3 is the only place I make decent time. Like you said on the gas between but you have to shed some speed with the front break while leaned over for 3(atleast I do). 1:13! Jeez I was trying my damndest to get a 1:19,
    Some things don't change much as your pace increases. Even if your pace doesn't dictate that you need to run the right lines to do it, it's never a bad idea to figure out the right lines earlier. Turn 2 is spooky because it's a pretty fast entrance and it's a little off camber, turn 12 is spooky because of the wall. That's what is costing me time through those corners. I got a lot better at Fabi 1 at Shannonville which is i a little like 2 at TMP... but there's still room to improve.

I do brake a little prior to 3 but the bike stays leaned over fairly far between 2 and 3 so there's no real opportunity to brake hard. Just the act of dropping it in and turning the bike probably slows it more than braking does.

Anyone anticipating a pass through there could easily take the tight line without sacrificing any speed and block any potential for a pass, I would think?
    Depends. If you take the tight line into the left you open yourself up to a pass after it, it would also put you out of position to come back across the track to set up for the right. If the rider behind you has committed to the pass and you take the tight line that might end badly.... sorta why i called a "kamikaze" pass. Its a delicate place to make a pass.

Quote Originally Posted by R1Guy View Post
    1:13's... nice!
    Was that with a stock motor?
    Yup.

Yup.
    Pretty impressive fella... I definitely want to break that 1:17:00 mark now but 1:13 is way way under what I ever intend to do.

Lots of good info in this thread! Only been to TMP once but pretty much everything being said regarding lines is spot on from what I remember.
    Turn 6 was just weird. Dunno what it was but I never felt comfortable going through there. I saw a few riders go off getting in there to hot and one guy took a really early apex, ran wide on the exit and high sided himself to the moon when he hit the curbing. (Got that on vid ouch) I was also out of my seat when I got on the gas to hard exiting there, managed to save it though.
    Turn 2 can be taken ALOT faster than you initially think, but there is a big dip if you take a wide line. Turn 1, the tight line is money when you nail it. If you go in to hot you're on the bumpy stuff in a hurry and it really kills your drive out.
    I only managed low 1:20's that day but it was quite obvious what parts of the track you could drop the most times in. Can't wait to go back!

How about somebody post up that pic of the track I saw once of TMP where all the corners are labelled.

I'm picking up some pointers here, for my next TMP day.

Ahhhhh, Turn 6. My first knee down corner. Love it. 7 and 8 messes me up good, as I still can't figure out the best gear to be in for best speed and yet hard brake for the corner. But, I'll get it.

Last edited by SunnY S; 06-30-2011 at 05:54 PM.

I use second and I'm -1f +3r on a 600, also not a pro but works for me.

You nearly lost your camera as well, you lucky sod. Nice though, 'fess up and move on.
    Spineless swines. Cemented minds.

Looks like you doin' pretty good before the crash... do you now what went wrong in the corner?

Nice map, i'll have to start memorizing turn numbers
    My favorite section right now would have to be 10,11,12.
    Turn 6 is definitely my weakest as well. By the end of the 26th, I was starting to get the hang of the left hand bends.

I'm going to practice being smooth before I push for more speed. I can tell my inputs are too harsh, and it's going to bite me once I get faster.

Justin, I felt that crash watching from here. Good thing you had spares.

Do you find it helpful to look at your GoPro footage afterwards?
    My camera lets me sort of see lines, but it's not a wide angle, so I can't point it back at myself to see what i'm doing on the bike.
    Mods: Armor Bodies Superbike bodywork, BT-003 RS, Renthal 50mm Clipons, Bickle warmers, etc, etc...Gear: ATGATT down to the mouthguard.A few vintage Yamaha bikes.http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/a...ksigDay4T2.jpg