Practice lot??

Thread: Practice lot??

Practice lot??

Alright, so Ive been riding for about 2 months now. I finally have grown the balls in the past week or so to practice getting the front wheel up. Its coming along well, I can get it up in first consistantly now with just power, but I am geared and run out of rpm's pretty quick in first. SO I need to find a decent lot to practice practice practice. Right now I am just moving from place to place and trying to get the feel for 2nd gear clutch ups, and I dont want to do it on the street.

So, if anyone has a decent lot and wants to give me some tips I want to come with a digital cam so I can have a buddy record so I can see how high I am going with them. I know I may not get anyone who wants to give up their spot, but if you are down send me a PM and we can talk. I WILL NOT ever bring others with me except my buddy on his 125 cbr. to film, and will not reveal the location to anyone either. I just want to be off the street preferably in an enclosed lot, away from people and cars. Thanks guys let me know if you can help a rider out!!!
    2oo2 gsxr600

Re: Practice lot??

found a decent spot for now thanks to someone here..and actually got the feel for some first gear clutch ups tonight as well as some 2nd gear. I was too pussy to clutch up in first before today and I dont know what gave me the balls to try but I actually had some good ones. The first few scared me a bit because I went a bit too high but now I know how it feels, and work from there. Question I have is : Will my stock passenger peg be strong enough to hold in staggered position?? It doesnt feel very strong, and the last thing I want is for it to snap while popping it up. I am only about 170 though. I just dont have the cash to upgrade right now.
    2oo2 gsxr600

If the peg isn't damaged or deteriorated it'll hold all day, everyday.
    "They Say At 100MPH Water Feels Like Concrete, Just Imagine What Concrete Feels Like At 100mph" - Nicky Hayden

>< VC 01.

Re: Practice lot??

sweet..hopefully it does lol. Ill try a few stand ups tomorrow, i just find that my bars always go to one side when i try stand ups. I really want to get a stabilizer/damper, new clutch lever, and a tail subframe with new pegs. Maybe a cage eventually but i still like to rip twisties.
    2oo2 gsxr600

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggy View Post
    sweet..hopefully it does lol. Ill try a few stand ups tomorrow, i just find that my bars always go to one side when i try stand ups. I really want to get a stabilizer/damper, new clutch lever, and a tail subframe with new pegs. Maybe a cage eventually but i still like to rip twisties.
    Dont do staggared at first. Just stand on the front pegs. Staggared will go a little cockeyed if youre not careful
    "I live in my own reality, You are just a guest"

2010 GSX-R 600 (RIP - ate by a jetta)
    2011 GSX-R 600 (my 2010's evil reincarnation)

***Disclaimer: I am usually bored at work or drunk when on this forum***