TO - Sarnia

Thread: TO - Sarnia

TO - Sarnia

Hey everyone,
    I am getting my M2 in the next few weeks and have been riding on a daily basis. I feel ready for a trip to Sarnia to give my mom a heart attack when she sees my bike. Does anyone have some good suggestions for a route from downtown Toronto to Sarnia? I'm from Alberta and don't know this wonderful province too well.
    Cheers.

Re: TO - Sarnia

Quote Originally Posted by agconor View Post
    Hey everyone,
    I am getting my M2 in the next few weeks and have been riding on a daily basis. I feel ready for a trip to Sarnia to give my mom a heart attack when she sees my bike. Does anyone have some good suggestions for a route from downtown Toronto to Sarnia? I'm from Alberta and don't know this wonderful province too well.
    Cheers.
    haven't been here long have you? do you not want to just hop the 401? it's boring but obviously the fastest

Haha. No. Was just hoping there would be a good secondary road that avoids the 401 and gives a little scenery and a more interesting ride.

there are but depends on the start point from TO

Basically just get north and west of the city - say Belfountain - stop in for a coffee at the Shed after the Forks and head west
    If you can get on The Gore from Airport Road even better - more fun

stay north of Guelph and KW and London and you'll end up in Sarnia eventually - start early and have fun. Don't over plan

Noticed you were downtown

If okay on the QEW get to Mississauga cut north on 9th line just before the Ford Plant
    then go north up ninth past the 401 and cut back east to Winston Churchill on Steels - north then cut over one big block on King Road ( nice bit of twisty ) to Mississauga Road into Belfountain.

You've got some riding time - take part of the weekend and hit the Shed at Belfountain - lovely riding region and then you'll be prepped for the longer haul - will be hundreds of bikes there if the weather is nice this weekend.

here's a sample from Belfountain to Sarnia.

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Belfountain,+Ontario,+Canada&daddr=43.7 624,-80.27698+to:43.59787,-80.62992+to:43.31432,-81.04851+to:43.36724,-81.43363+to:Sarnia,+Ontario,+Canada&hl=en&sll=43.3 59135,-80.823669&sspn=1.497702,3.136597&geocode=Fb4-nAIdihQ7-ym3RS4suggriDFoiKg22wRzfA%3BFeDCmwIdDBI3-ym5FfrYqaQriDGvbXx1JC98lg%3BFS5AmQIdYK8x-ynv4-7agu8riDFhTfuuNb81cQ%3BFZDslAIdQkwr-yl9HgMu77AuiDEBwTFPY_sJGg%3BFUi7lQId4msl-ym3q8u1NtEuiDEuSadbSDcCOQ%3BFWDljwId8kYX-yld71UOVoEliDFe8PZoKO0jzw&mra=dvme&mrsp=2&sz=9&via =1,2,3,4&dirflg=h&z=9

Last edited by MacDoc; 06-27-2011 at 08:12 PM.
    Found a free wifi spot on the popular motorcycle routes local or touring? Add to the list> here

Many ways to find your way to Lake Huron, hwy 7/8 to goderich is a good choice, then south along 21 to sarnia. This iwll take you though bayview and Grand Bend. With the long weekend, should be some good scenery possibly too

Great. Thanks guys. I can't wait.