Quote Originally Posted by bluerider View Post
Thank you for for the your thoughts on packing. I am buying a top box like a Givi box and will be carrying most of my stuff in there...
Hard top box rules for it's waterproofing and easy access (you don't have to take it off or spill half of it's contents every time you open it). BTW, ignore those that are concerned about raising the center of gravity or increasing drag - they have no clue and you won't be riding it on the track. Beware of one thing though - once you get used to the convenience and extra space it will be hard to take it off. My top case dismounts only when I wash the bike.

Side cases/bags are for big and heavy items only, stuff you won't need until you stop for the night. Hard ones double as an extra set of crash bars

Quote Originally Posted by bluerider View Post
My biggest concern being my wrist, thats a long time on the throtle. How did your wrist feel after the long treks?
My bike is pretty heavily modded towards better riding position and comfort, so there was not much strain on my wrists. I had a little pain between my shoulder blades, mostly due from pulling the heavily loaded bike on the center stand a few times a day, but that was taken care of with some warming cream every night. Other than that, no joint or muscle pain whatsoever - even my but didn't get sore much. Your mileage will wary and you won't know what you can take until you try it. If someone told me that I can take a 12 hour 1,000+Km ride in 45 degree heat with stopping only for gas and without the helmet I would say no way . The big part of the fun is exploring your limits and learning how to listen to your body. I learned to take 15 minute power naps when I get sleepy from the heat. They did wonders to my endurance.

Speaking of mods, I have 1" up and 1" back handlebar riser, Corbin seat and throttle rocker. I could do with a better handlebar, but the seat is unbeatable.