Really? Highbeams during the day??? - Page 2

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Really? Highbeams during the day???

Re: Really? Highbeams during the day???

Sorry man. It got fed up with everyone and their cousin telling me one of my headlights were out.
    Sleeping is my drug,
    My bed is my dealer,
    and my alarm clock
    is the police.

Big deal. Im a new rider and as long as the sun isn't out I have my HID on. At the end of the day there is no second chance, no oops I didnt see you. **** that I have my baby girl to come home to.

How about we be blunt - 43 years riding says you're big time wrong and an ******* attitude to boot.

Maybe that was you on the 403 today being ignorant behind me.

High beams and horn are to catch attention....what are you going to do to warn dickhead cager - flip to low beams???....

No wonder insurance rates are high...
    Found a free wifi spot on the popular motorcycle routes local or touring? Add to the list> here

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Gummiente View Post
    Uh... I grew up in the days of Imperial weights and measurements. What does a metric assload convert to in pounds?
    About 5.5 million.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

It seems to get attention........mission accomplished

Always thought it was a supremely stupid thing to do, and illegal as well.

im going to do it just because of this

Not trying to piss off some obviously passionate people here and I don't drive around with a modulator or my high beams on but...
    If I see a car creeping past a stop sign on me they will get the flash to pass button and I don't care if I burn there retinas out, they do wake up and fast.
    The cops have modulators installed on all there bike around here and don't care who they blind during the daylight hours.
    Are modulators legal?They never seem to get pulled over and I know a rider that has had them on every bike he ever owned,you think theres a cop in the distance. Yes it bugs the **** out of me every second he's in my rear view mirror.But so do loud pipes in front of me.
    Last edited by Rob MacLennan; 06-26-2011 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Road Warrior View Post
    It doesn't have to be night in order for you to get blinded by a very bright light, geniuses. (two posts above)
    Really... where do you get this 1 million watt bulb that shines brighter than the sun?

Quote Originally Posted by MacDoc View Post

No wonder insurance rates are high...
    Why is it the old people on this forum always use this line to try and justify their lame post?

Traffic, we don't need no stinkin' traffic!

Quote Originally Posted by Gnu View Post
    Why is it the old people on this forum always use this line to try and justify their lame post?
    Because young people drive insurance rates by doing lame stuff on the street?

Maybe if everyone ran around with high-beams on all the time, the few would get it, but I somehow doubt it.

I used my high-beams rarely the same as my horn. That way it means something.
    Ignorance is curable, Apathy not so much, but I don't care, I'll try anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnu View Post
    I don't know, quite frankly, since us "old people" tend to have insurance rates that are orders of magnitude less than you "young'uns." Wonder why that is?

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Statistically most motorcycle accidents happen at intersections where a cager coming the other way makes a left hand turn in front of the rider. Another popular gotcha is pulling out of a driveway or side street in front of a rider.This alone has me +1 on riding with my hi's always on, and I'll gladly risk a fine to be more visible to said r-tards
    2007 Suzuki GS500F

Illegal? I don't think it's illegal to run High Beams during the day. but I could be wrong...

Use of passing beam
    168. When on a highway at any time when lighted lamps are required to be displayed on vehicles, the driver of a motor vehicle equipped with multiple beam headlamps shall use the lower or passing beam when,

(a) approaching an oncoming vehicle within 150 metres; or
    (b) following another vehicle within 60 metres, except when in the act of overtaking and passing. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 168.

Edit: Nevermind. It's illegal for a bike but not a car...

Lamps required on all motor vehicles except motorcycles
    62. (1) When on a highway at any time from one-half hour before sunset to one-half hour after sunrise and at any other time when, due to insufficient light or unfavourable atmospheric conditions, persons and vehicles on the highway are not clearly discernible at a distance of 150 metres or less, every motor vehicle other than a motorcycle shall carry three lighted lamps in a conspicuous position, one on each side of the front of the vehicle which shall display a white or amber light only, and one on the rear of the vehicle which shall display a red light only. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 62 (1).
    Lamps required on motorcycles
    (2) Subject to subsection (3), when on a highway at any time every motorcycle shall carry two lighted lamps in a conspicuous position, one on the front of the vehicle which shall display a white light only, and one on the rear of the vehicle which shall display a red light only. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 62 (2).
    Last edited by Splash; 06-26-2011 at 06:33 PM.
    "I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

01001001 00100111 01100100 00100000 01010010
    01100001 01110100 01101000 01100101 01110010
    00100000 01000010 01100101 00100000 01010010
    01101001 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111

Riders who feel that their safety requires the use of high beams should probably just sell their bike, stick to a car, and be done with it. Bikes are dangerous folks.
    Semper ubi sub ubi

Quote Originally Posted by Splash View Post
    Illegal? I don't think it's illegal to run High Beams during the day. but I could be wrong...

Use of passing beam
    168. When on a highway at any time when lighted lamps are required to be displayed on vehicles, the driver of a motor vehicle equipped with multiple beam headlamps shall use the lower or passing beam when,

(b) following another vehicle within 60 metres, except when in the act of overtaking and passing. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 168.
    Entertainment for the poor, that's what my mother always called children.

Quote Originally Posted by Splash View Post

Use of passing beam

"...when lighted lamps are required...", for motorcycles made after January of 1970, is ALWAYS.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    I don't know, quite frankly, since us "old people" tend to have insurance rates that are orders of magnitude less than you "young'uns." Wonder why that is?
    I bet my premiums are the same as yours and I always ride with my high beam on during the day. I'd rather blind you then you not see me. Not that I rely on this but it probably helps.

Who gets blinded by highbeams during the day??

Quote Originally Posted by dricked View Post
    I bet my premiums are the same as yours and I always ride with my high beam on during the day. I'd rather blind you then you not see me. Not that I rely on this but it probably helps.
    $900.00, full coverage, $1M liability, in Brampton (worst rate area in the GTA).

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    Who gets blinded by highbeams during the day??
    I do, for one, when idiots have them on coming up the rise on Yonge, at Front.