Really? Highbeams during the day??? - Page 14

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Really? Highbeams during the day???

Re: Really? Highbeams during the day???

On my group ride Thursday we were confronted by a group of 5 Harley's and one of them had the high beam off.
    Damn it ****** me off, because, yes, I have sensitive eyes and it did burn a spot in my vision for about 20 minutes.
    I was then leading a group of riders who depend on me to seek out dangers and give warning.

But I couldn't, because some ****** had his high beams on.
    Cell phones, GPS, DVD, Food, Drinks, Kids, Smokes, Make Up, Lipstick, News Papers, CB, Ham Radio, FM Radio, CD, MP3, Work papers, Books, Lap tops, Camcorders,
    THINGS THAT DON'T
    BELONG IN A CAR.

like i said before, its safe as long as they are turned off when you approch another rider. As for the cagers they can adjust there mirriors, im not turning **** off for there sake.

Red face Re: Really? Highbeams during the day???

I use the flash to pass on stop sign creepers and my stock head light can melt the plastic off most cars at 200 meters

Traffic, we don't need no stinkin' traffic!

Quote Originally Posted by kawasakimatt View Post
    like i said before, its safe as long as they are turned off when you approch another rider. As for the cagers they can adjust there mirriors, im not turning **** off for there sake.
    Very courteous of you. I suppose we should all do stuff to help the groups that we like and hinder groups that we don't like.

Ahhh, it's only a motorcycle **** him.
    Ignorance is curable, Apathy not so much, but I don't care, I'll try anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Vstromrider View Post
    there was someone on a bike heading west from Oshawa to Whitby..and I was other side of 401..they had the brightest YELLOW head beam..4 lanes over I was blinded.
    That was probably me, I live in Whitby =)

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

So I felt like a douch as I had to use my high beams all the way home from the track today... (My light burnt out just after leaving the track!) So anyways the reason I'm posting this here is I decided not to make a new thread for a easy question - Can you buy motorcycle light bulbs @ Canadian Tire or do I need to go to the bike shop? - 12 volts, 55 watts, Type H7 - Correct?
    Last edited by guym; 07-14-2011 at 11:30 PM.
    My Ride: 2009 Ninja 250R SE

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by guym View Post
    So I felt like a douch as I had to use my high beams all the way home from the track today... (My light burnt out just after leaving the track!) So anyways the reason I'm posting this here is I decided not to make a new thread for a easy question - Can you buy motorcycle light bulbs @ Canadian Tire or do I need to go to the bike shop? - 12 volts, 55 watts, Type H7 - Correct?
    You can get headlight bulbs for most bikes at Canadian Tire. They're generally the same as what you would put in a car. You just have to know the bulb type before you go. What kind of bike?

Quote Originally Posted by turbodish View Post
    You can get headlight bulbs for most bikes at Canadian Tire. They're generally the same as what you would put in a car. You just have to know the bulb type before you go. What kind of bike?
    09 250R I think I need a A 12 volts, 55 watts, Type H7 from what I've been reading online.

i don't see the diff, i run a similar light on my bike, if mine went out, that would be the first place i would go...as for highbeams, yeah, it's really annoying when they do this, especially at night on country roads when you pass someone and they think it's cool to turn on high beams...either i sit behind them at their dull *** pace, or i pass and then have to scoot on down the road to prevent being blinded...

Banned

09 250R I think I need a A 12 volts, 55 watts, Type H7 from what I've been reading online.
    http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows....jsp?locale=en

Awesome thanks ... Not sure why I didn't think of searching the CT web site.

Awesome thanks ... Not sure why I didn't think of searching the CT web site.
    Found the direct link for ya: http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-35W-55W-Dual-Motorcycle-HID-Kit

Don't replace just the bulb man!!! HID's last forever! If you REALLY want to see well, get the 55w 3000k kit!! =)

-Jamie M.
    (p.s. SUPER easy to install!)
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    Found the direct link for ya: http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-35W-55W-Dual-Motorcycle-HID-Kit

Don't replace just the bulb man!!! HID's last forever! If you REALLY want to see well, get the 55w 3000k kit!! =)

-Jamie M.
    (p.s. SUPER easy to install!)
    Your lights are evil... just saying.
    2010 Suzuki GS500F

Please help me reach my goal in raising money for a great cause.
    Here is the link to my Ride For Site page.
    Thank-you =)

http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx...onID%3d1326806

Never thought much of high beams until this week. I was coming back from LAX on the highway, just before sunset (sun setting behind me, off to my right). Coming towards me on the highway was a motorcycle with high beams on. It was blinding. Though it was still daytime the angle of the sun and the direct hit by the high beams was startling. This was on a divided highway (only a barrier, no median).

I could easily see where it would cause problems on a 2 lane road.

Quote Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
    Never thought much of high beams until this week. I was coming back from LAX on the highway, just before sunset (sun setting behind me, off to my right). Coming towards me on the highway was a motorcycle with high beams on. It was blinding. Though it was still daytime the angle of the sun and the direct hit by the high beams was startling. This was on a divided highway (only a barrier, no median).

I could easily see where it would cause problems on a 2 lane road.

Agreed. It's an inconvenience. Curse under your breath, move on. Wasting an entire box of Kleenex and the time involved to compose and type out several dozen angry posts on the internet about something trivial (again, and again) and I have to point at the person and laugh.
    So it's ok for hooligan riders and drivers to endanger the lives of impaired drivers?
    Unfortunately, since we seldom put people in jail for traffic offences