Really? Highbeams during the day???

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Really? Highbeams during the day???

Really? Highbeams during the day???

I have seen more and more riders thinking it's OK to ride during the day with highbeams on all the time.
    Not only is it illegal, it's just not a good idea.
    I was just followed by a cruiser (victory) with his high beams on.
    Damn was it anoying. I let him pass and followed him with my high beams on. He didn't like it much????????

It ****** me off enough to do this to him, and I'm a rider.
    I wonder what other drivers think about being blinded by some guys highbeams?

Why has it become so widely accepted that it's OK?

It's just stupid. Stop it everybody.
    Cell phones, GPS, DVD, Food, Drinks, Kids, Smokes, Make Up, Lipstick, News Papers, CB, Ham Radio, FM Radio, CD, MP3, Work papers, Books, Lap tops, Camcorders,
    THINGS THAT DON'T
    BELONG IN A CAR.

Re: Really? Highbeams during the day???

Ms Hoover!

My worm crawled in my mouth and i ate it!

It is stupid indeed and instead of eating donuts and giving out bogus tickets, cops should start doing their job and ticket idiots like these.

Crappy weather today....

Quote Originally Posted by Low rider View Post
    It's just stupid. Stop it everybody.
    No.
    2004 Suzuki DRZ400
    1986 Honda Shadow 750 - Sold

Big deal. Im a new rider and as long as the sun isn't out I have my HID on. At the end of the day there is no second chance, no oops I didnt see you. **** that I have my baby girl to come home to.

Quote Originally Posted by Bajan600 View Post
    Big deal. Im a new rider and as long as the sun isn't out I have my HID on. At the end of the day there is no second chance, no oops I didnt see you. **** that I have my baby girl to come home to.
    Maybe you should go back to the driving school and do a little more learning before you go out and break the law and endanger others by temporarily blinding them and causing THEM to crash and not see THEIR little baby at the end of the day.

+1 learn how to ride. high beams aren't going to save your ***.

Having your high beams on, day or night, isn't legal. It's blinding to other road users, even in full daylight. It makes it even more difficult to judge your distance and approaching speed, than it already is for such a small vehicle. In other words even if they notice you more, because your high beams are on, it takes away from their ability to avoid you.

Most laws have a good reason behind them.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by The Road Warrior View Post
    Maybe you should go back to the driving school and do a little more learning before you go out and break the law and endanger others by temporarily blinding them and causing THEM to crash and not see THEIR little baby at the end of the day.
    You don't worry about what I learned at riding school. Im new to riding not new to the road. Its not that easy to get temporarily blinded with the small *** mirrors on bikes. Cars I can understand. Anyway I said what I had to Im not gonna get into a bitching war with you.

Worse: People that do it at NIGHT. I swear there is a metric assload of people that have never been outside of the city and don't know what the highbeams are actually for.
    1996 Kawasaki ZX11D - "When I'm on the road, I'm indestructible. No one can stop me ... but they try."

Quote Originally Posted by Bajan600 View Post
    You don't worry about what I learned at riding school. Im new to riding not new to the road. Its not that easy to get temporarily blinded with the small *** mirrors on bikes. Cars I can understand. Anyway I said what I had to Im not gonna get into a bitching war with you.
    I am not trying to get into a bitching war with you, I am simply letting you know that what you are doing is illegal and a distraction to other drivers/riders who share the road with you. But whatever man.

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedKestrel View Post
    I swear there is a metric assload of people
    Uh... I grew up in the days of Imperial weights and measurements. What does a metric assload convert to in pounds?
    Mike "Gummiente" Palmer
    '07 H-D Road Glide

Loud Pipes Ruin Rights

it makes it more dangerous to the rider. if you see highbeems coming towards you people stare at it due to human nature, people then drive towards what there looking at without noticing. = accident= goodbye smaller object.

Blinded during the day? Lol

You were blinded by highbeams during the day? Did you crash? Do you have permanent retina damage?

Oh wait you said you were annoyed not blinded.

It doesn't have to be night in order for you to get blinded by a very bright light, geniuses. (two posts above)

Those are the same people who install HID without stepping foot outside of the city.

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedKestrel View Post
    Worse: People that do it at NIGHT. I swear there is a metric assload of people that have never been outside of the city and don't know what the highbeams are actually for.
    Cell phones, GPS, DVD, Food, Drinks, Kids, Smokes, Make Up, Lipstick, News Papers, CB, Ham Radio, FM Radio, CD, MP3, Work papers, Books, Lap tops, Camcorders,
    THINGS THAT DON'T
    BELONG IN A CAR.

Well just came in from a nice ride, blinding every mo fo I could find! YAY HIGHBEAMS.......they turn off?