Joe Rocket Rocks

Thread: Joe Rocket Rocks

Joe Rocket Rocks

Have had my Joe Rocket Alter Ego jacket and pants for four years now, and today had to ride 8 hours in 8 C temps and constant rain from Blind River to Toronto. Arrived totally dry thanks to the rain liners these items come with. Biggest workout I have given them yet, and they came through with flying colours!
    2009 Harley Davidson Electra Glide Classic
    1978 Kawasaki KZ650 (project bike)

Traffic, we don't need no stinkin' traffic!

Re: Joe Rocket Rocks

I found the pants to be sauna like in cooler weather with the liner, so I zipped the liner out and have never put it back.
    If it rains I zip a pair of rain pants from MEC over top. That way I don't end up soaked.
    Ignorance is curable, Apathy not so much, but I don't care, I'll try anyway.

I have the Alter Ego jacket and pants as well. The jacket is great! I did my M2 course in mi-April and it rained/snowed pretty solid for two days. I stayed completely dry.

While they do keep me dry, I find the pants a little uncomfortable with the liner in. Might be ok in cold weather with long johns or flannel pants on underneath but with shorts I am not happy. I'll be trying some rain pants over top instead. In addition to being uncomfortable, I find it quite time consuming to take the pants off, install the liner, and put everything back on if it starts raining mid-trip.

@baggsy: I only use the liners when it is going to rain. Or if it is really cold out the liners help keep me warm.
    @dmartins: I agree that it takes a bit to put the liners in if you have to install them once riding, but I don't mind that considering the end result.
    2009 Harley Davidson Electra Glide Classic
    1978 Kawasaki KZ650 (project bike)

I have had the Alter Ego coat since they came out and the coat still looks good while it has been very very used. Love it. Just bought the new 11 coat in highvisibility. It is longer and seems like it is going to be a keeper for a long time as well.