Kitchener man charged with racing – 177 km/h in 80 zone on motorcycle - Page 3

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kitchener man charged with racing – 177 km/h in 80 zone on motorcycle

Re: Kitchener man charged with racing – 177 km/h in 80 zone on motorcycle

inbox opened up again!
    "I live in my own reality, You are just a guest"

2010 GSX-R 600 (RIP - ate by a jetta)
    2011 GSX-R 600 (my 2010's evil reincarnation)

***Disclaimer: I am usually bored at work or drunk when on this forum***

Quote Originally Posted by promac View Post
    177kph in an 80kph zone is pretty ballsy, no matter how you look at it.
    lol, that's what the limits are when you leave the city.....ever go do the 507, the turns get enertaining doing over 160-170.

Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    lol, that's what the limits are when you leave the city.....ever go do the 507, the turns get enertaining doing over 160-170.
    So I'm not alone here~!

Quote Originally Posted by Holmes View Post
    LOL, hey man Im bored at work, I gotta entertain myself somehow. Its fun to rile up these straight edge ***s on this site, can ya blame me?
    Bahaha.No!
    "If ya want me,I'll be in the bar"
    Ric Waterloo

1800 Goldwing
    2009 1100S Hypermotard (for sale)
    944 Ducati track the "Blueberry Muffin"

Turbo dish, take a day off for once. It might be tough to get down from that moral high ground of righteousness, but please give it a try.

Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by torontoZX6R View Post
    Turbo dish, take a day off for once. It might be tough to get down from that moral high ground of righteousness, but please give it a try.

Jesus Christ

I feel surrounded with like minded people on this forum for once! Admitting to speeding, hating on turbodish.... I ****ing love it!

Turbodish is the one calling in stupid safety labels on products, while all of his cupboards are safety locked with neat writing detailing all that's within.

Honestly, sure this guy was doing well over the limit, chances are he knew how to ride. It's the morons that putt around the city doing JUST the limit and less that I worry about. One loud noise and they suddenly lock up the breaks in there cars and start checking every window available to make sure the worlds not ending.

" Run as fast as you can, then jump and slide on the pavement. Now think of traveling at 80 MPH and doing the same. Don't be a squid, wear proper gear. "

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Manhattan View Post
    Turbodish is the one calling in stupid safety labels on products, while all of his cupboards are safety locked with neat writing detailing all that's within.

Honestly, sure this guy was doing well over the limit, chances are he knew how to ride. It's the morons that putt around the city doing JUST the limit and less that I worry about. One loud noise and they suddenly lock up the breaks in there cars and start checking every window available to make sure the worlds not ending.
    Amen brother

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by torontoZX6R View Post

Jesus Christ
    Please provide the name of the street where you live together with your signed open invitation for all to come and enjoy their high speed riding there. After all, if it's good enough that you think it's acceptable to inflict it on others, then you should be quite happy to experience it in front of your own home, family and neighbours as well.
    Last edited by turbodish; 06-21-2011 at 06:28 PM. Reason: typo

Banned

Honestly, sure this guy was doing well over the limit, chances are he knew how to ride.
    Really? How do you tell the difference between someone who can ride and someone who can't? By their speed on a straight road? Then please explain this one: http://www.citytv.com/toronto/cityne...caught-on-tape

And if uber-rider was so skilled and able to handle anything he might encounter at high speed, then how come he couldn't see the police cruiser that bagged him? What if it wasn't a police cuiser he didn't see but some kid on a bicycle coming out one of the field entrances?

It's the morons that putt around the city doing JUST the limit and less that I worry about. One loud noise and they suddenly lock up the breaks in there cars and start checking every window available to make sure the worlds not ending.
    Putting around at the limit and doing more than double the speed limit has one significant difference - kinetic energy. Doubling your speed quadruples your kinetic energy. When you crash, that kinetic energy is a big determiner of how much damage and injury/death will come out of that crash.

I'd rather be hit by a putter than by a moron doing over twice the limit. That's not being self-righteous or up on a high moral ground - that's a simple matter of putting my well-being and the well-being of others on the road above some idiot's grossly juvenile wish to play boy racer on a public road.
    Last edited by turbodish; 06-21-2011 at 06:31 PM.

You ride darkside. You no longer have any input on anything relating to safety.

I'm going to rob your house...must be OK...it won't hurt anyone, it's only stuff.

why cant he take it to track? way cheaper than jail

I LOVE that bike. too bad.

It's more a matter of the expectations of others. No one would expect a bike travelling at more than twice the posted speed limit as they're pulling out onto the roadway. Talk about an abrupt hi, how are ya.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyRider View Post
    why cant he take it to track? way cheaper than jail
    some people might not feel like risking a nice bike with no insurance coverage for starters?

If the govt was so interested in protecting us why would they allow the sale of motorcycles that go 170 km/hr in first gear? They know full well most will try out that performance and they can profit from it. When is the last time anyone heard of someone getting killed by a speeding motorcycle other than the rider in Canada?
    Last edited by murf; 06-21-2011 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by turbodish View Post
    Really? How do you tell the difference between someone who can ride and someone who can't? By their speed on a straight road? Then please explain this one: http://www.citytv.com/toronto/cityne...caught-on-tape

And if uber-rider was so skilled and able to handle anything he might encounter at high speed, then how come he couldn't see the police cruiser that bagged him? What if it wasn't a police cuiser he didn't see but some kid on a bicycle coming out one of the field entrances?
    Difference here being, he wasn't out racing people on the streets like a hooligan, he was just by himself, and at 47, chances are he knows his own limits and boundaries. Racing downtown Toronto with 3 people is a hell of a lot different then riding on the highway, by yourself at your own comfortable pace. That's like comparing Laguna Seca to a freaking Go-Kart track.

I'd rather be hit by a putter than by a moron doing over twice the limit. That's not being self-righteous or up on a high moral ground - that's a simple matter of putting my well-being and the well-being of others on the road above some idiot's grossly juvenile wish to play boy racer on a public road.
    I'd actually rather not get hit at all. I'd take my chances with the rider that knows what he is doing, and is capable at 170 kmph, over Grandma who can barely see over the dashboard putting along at 60 / 80 kmph.

I am not praising what this guy did, however cops and the media are so hung up with with the 174 law, that they forget about the other ****** drivers you have, getting licenses handed out at the local bingo hall. My grandfather included, the guy can't even check his blindspot because he can't turn his neck all the way to the left. When doing the written tests, they pointed out the answers for him. Even he say's he shouldn't be driving, and only does for emergencies. The ridiculous part is that they gave him a license, and that scares me more then the local speeder flying down a highway.
    Last edited by Dr.Manhattan; 06-21-2011 at 07:13 PM.

" Run as fast as you can, then jump and slide on the pavement. Now think of traveling at 80 MPH and doing the same. Don't be a squid, wear proper gear. "

Doing this on an open access road is about as dumb as it gets. As others have noted, anyone (or anything--dog, deer, sasquatch) can run out into the road, or a car can pull out of a driveway. He was going nearly 50m/s and it would likely take a couple hundred metres to stop, in short no time to react to anything. Given reaction time, speed, and the likely stopping distance (due to the speed and lack of skill) the rider would be lucky to not hit something even if he saw it 300m ahead.

Not that it is still not really stupid but at least if someone is doing this type of speed on a 400 highway (when it is not busy of course, and everyone else is doing 130) it is safer (all relative) than what this idiot did...

Banned

some people might not feel like risking a nice bike with no insurance coverage for starters?
    So instead of just risking the loss of a bike in the controlled environment of a race track, they choose to entertain even greater risk of crash in a public space, and in doing so also impose risk of injury and even death to others who didn't sign up for that public road track day? What kind of logic is that?

When is the last time anyone heard of someone getting killed by a speeding motorcycle other than the rider?
    It happens. Does the fact that it doesn't happen that often (in part given that bikes are a tiny minority on the road) make it any more acceptable?
    http://www.citytv.com/toronto/cityne...caught-on-tape
    http://www.traffictickets.to/news_10_3_05.shtml
    http://www.torontosun.com/news/toron.../15172156.html

People get badly hurt too when riders screw up.
    http://www.nrps.com/news/details.asp?id=mr1736

Quote Originally Posted by backmarkerducati View Post
    Not that it is still not really stupid but at least if someone is doing this type of speed on a 400 highway (when it is not busy of course, and everyone else is doing 130) it is safer (all relative) than what this idiot did...
    Absolutely - it seems to work for the Germans on the Autobahn, but then again, other German drivers fully expect that they may be passed at double or triple their rate of speed. We expect that others will be traveling at, more or less, the same speed. Bottom line is, when you change the rules of the game without informing others, someone's inclined to lose unexpectedly. If I expected to encounter cars and bikes approaching at anywhere from 80kph and 180kph, while pulling out onto an undivided country road, I'd be pretty stressed.