My last time shopping at rider's choice.... - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My last time shopping at rider's choice....

Re: My last time shopping at rider's choice....

Quote Originally Posted by Smutty View Post
    I went in there before I bought my bike and I had no gear. I had no idea about anything and I had money to spend. I walked in and was just browsing. None of the staff acknowledged me at all. I did a lap around the store, still no greeting. I stood beside the gloves at the cash, intentionally looking and acting confused. Nothing from them. I asked the guy that was sitting there and he gave me a $hitty answer. I chose a pair of gloves myself and went to the helmets. There are signs saying to ask if you want to try on. So I go to the counter and ask for help. The guy doesn't want to get off his chair and tries to make the other guy help me. He refuses so first guy waddles over there with me. He points to some, explaining that some are better than others. Thanks captain obvious. He then walked away. I head over to the cash to buy the gloves and they start turning the lights off 10 minutes before closing. I pay, no "thanks for your business". I walk away and get in my car. I don't think I'll fo back again.
    Instead of putting up a broadway show, you could've just asked for help right off the bat.

Some folks (myself included) prefer to not be bothered by sales people at all. If I want help, I ask a direct question and expect a direct answer. I guess that's why I've always had good experiences at RC and John.

So you acknowledge that you only went there because of their sale prices. In other words, only time money got exchanged was because you were getting a deal, and you are still bitching about tire install prices?

Now i'm not defending RC as i have my horror stories as well, but in your case, i dont see what you're bitching about.

How about ordering parts and they NEVER calling you back to tell you when they are in stock? now THAT is bad business.
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=18800&dateline=121895  0439
    99 Honda VTR1000F Firestorm

My first experience at RC I wanted to buy a jacket, they were supposed to be having a sale. When I ask one of the sales guys what the price was he told me the same price as the tag. I then asked about the sale and he answered that was the sale price, and I walked out. But since I lived in the other end of the city and travelled all the way already I did what some members suggested and went back in and asked for a better price. The sales person said I had to ask the owner, John.

Long story short, he gave me a very good price and now I go back regularly, sometimes buying stuff sometimes not, but I would speak to John.

Mind you my expectation is not to be pampered on by his sales staff, and I prefer not to be. I know what I’m looking for and how much I’m willing to pay, not waiting for them to sell me something..
    The last time I went, John ordered me something that they didn’t have in stock and as I was about to leave I was going to confirm with him, but another customer came in and they went into his office and chatted. I waited for a while and then I left, while still in the parking lot, he came out and apologized. Not really needed but in the end it’s how you interpret what’s going on. Some people want to be catered to, some people knows what they want and just want to be in and out. But if you want to be treated like high end, be prepare to pay the high end prices..

btw, in my experience when he quotes you a date, its usually off, but I'm never in that much of a hurry.

was the two weeks ago. I didnt have much of a problem. bought new set of diablo corsa rosso's 450 tax in/installed. which i think is a good price. he wanted 500 but I said ted at Rosey toes can give it to me for 450. didnt argue and said ok will match them.

very similar thing happened to me- rode down for brakes ordered and installed and they didn't even have them.... i waited there for over an hour before he figured it out...

customer service there leaves much to be desired.

2007 Lotus Exige S ~ the grocery-getter
    2004 ZX6R ~ the daily commuter (sold)
    2005 GSXR 1000 ~ the scary thing in my garage (sold to my insurer lol)
    2007 GSXR 1000 ~ the newer scary thing in my garage

I hate riders choice. Bunch of overpriced **** sold by a bunch of big headed dicks.
    2005 Black/Smoke Yamaha R6
    Shark Backpack

I have nothing bad to say about them. Went there to get my bike certified and the shop guys (not sure who it was) told me it wouldn't certify because of a few things I had to change and didn't charge me for looking at it. Then I bought something at the spring show that went on sale right after, went in to see if I could get that money back and they gave me a store credit for the difference. Maybe not a store for newbs or if you need someone to guide you through your purchase, but if you need to go to the store and get some new gear they seem to be a good option.

'02 ZX6R

[QUOTE=slowbird;1586588]His attitude probably changes depending on whether or not he feels like he's better than you.

Slowbird made a real good comment, I find alot of folk that exact way..

If there girl is a creature from hell, they'll hate you the next morning when they serve you at their job...I dont resemble Chuck Woolery one bit.

I like ebay and net buying. Get better deals, better selection, and the computer screen never looks at me like I dont deserve to be spending my hard earned money with them.

You can get anything for the same price or probaly cheaper on the net (worldwide selection) than you can get in your local store, anything. Car, boat, motorcycle, etc..anything...just the delivery time the difference, but ill be happy to wait a week if I dont have to see some miserable retail person that doesnt know shi about being a nice person first above all else.

Im done with spending any kind of big money in any stores with no respect for you as a person first.

Guess I should mention or add that, I would far rather support a local bizz b4 the vrtual world, but I also dont like unpleasent ppl.

and theres just so many of them in the retail bizz..

LMAO @ this store...its just comical now. Went in on Sat to pick up the Scala G4 and was told it was $399...I thought sweet thats the cheapest I have seen on the net and locally. So I picked it up and the transactions with the guys working there was pleasant enough with no issues.

Now here is the part that cracks me up, I went in a before to ask the price of the G4 and was told it was $450...so when I heard $399 I thought sweet I guess there is a sale on. I come on here to read some the deals on the board and see that they are now selling it for $425 as a SPECIAL!!! LOL add to that another member bought it for $375 a few days before me!! What is going in that store! LMAO!!
    NOMFuP, Not My ****ing Problem. - Malcom Tucker

I couldn't agree more.
    90 bucks to install my tires i bought from them, very average to kinda pricey, although the mechanics did a good job, most of their prices on their gear is quite a average.

Quote Originally Posted by avtxgrd View Post
    I hate riders choice. Bunch of overpriced **** sold by a bunch of big headed dicks.
    GSXR600 K7 RWB
    Alpinestar Gear

Monday I made a trip to RC and a couple other gear shops in the GTA (i am from Niagara) to check out boots and other things. Also I had a hard-to-find computer part that was only available at TigerDirect in Missisauga.
    The gf came with me for the ride which ended up taking all day (we stopped a bunch of places and took fun roads there and back).

At RC, i found it kind of sketchy that no one acknowledged our existence but in some way I like that because I want to browse before getting hassled by salesmen. The gf went to try on some Dainese boots and I looked at the AStars ones. I tried a couple on and then I had a few questions. At first I went to the counter and he barely put effort into giving me an answer.
    Further questions had to be spoken loudly from my position across the store because I shouldn't have to go to the counter every time.
    Eventually I said forget it, AStars boots are available everywhere anyways and the prices were average, and if they aren't going to put effort into helping me, I am not going to buy. Simple.

The gf however had fallen in love with the Quito's from Dainese. She said they were a super comfy fit, and also they looked very nice too.
    She was a little hesitant on the price but I told her we know the model so we can shop around later, there's nothing special in this store.

On tuesday I had to go back to TigerDirect because the part I got was defective and I needed to replace it. The gf came along again for the ride and asked that we go back to RC because she was gonna get the Quito boots for sure, she had been thinking of them all night.
    Same thing as monday: barely got acknowledged that we were there and when she brought the boots to the counter for purchase, it's as if it was a huge effort to make the transaction.
    I don't specifically remember if they said thanks or not, and their attitudes/lack of enthusiasm weren't implying it either.

Personally I have no interest in Dainese. Yeah sure, they are one of the leaders in their industry but there's a big difference between high-pricing, and gouging people who are all about name brands. The gf can spend her money as she wants (cause its actually hers, not mine) and I will admit that the boots she got are really nice and at 250$ I felt it was a fair price (the quality was clearly there and I understand that the name will hike the price a bit).

tl;dr: They carry nice gear but it's nothing special and the employees think too much of themselves and are bored to death so their service lacks a lot.
    "It's only once you've lost everything that you're free to do anything." - Tyler Durden

2005 SV650S : Mar 2011 - Oct 2011

It's nice to have a relaxed sales approach and not hover or constantly be trying to show you something, but a "Hey, how are ya?" goes a long way in my books. When you're standing right beside 2 people that work there and neither of them even look in your general direction, I get the hint...

Quote Originally Posted by moto9 View Post
    I've been there a few times, purchased multi $$ stuff. I don't get too bent if I don't get immediate attention. I like their 'sales approach' - they let you look arround, maybe a while, then you approach them. If talking to 'Mr. McBride', some may need to keep their humour hat strapped on tight - no problem for me. Matt is a very reasonable and knowledgeable guy. No, they do not have the very best prices but if you want supermarket you're in the wrong place. I've had best quality tires & brake pads put on my bike by them at rates competitive with other similar shops. I'll be back.

Dainese is like buying something with Harley Davidson on it. Same manufacturer, but you throw a little patch on it and now it's suddenly 300% more valuable. Glad she likes her new boots though. I really like the fit and feel of my Icon boots, though my shifter has worn off some of the colour on top.

Quote Originally Posted by jeero View Post
    Monday I made a trip to RC and a couple other gear shops in the GTA (i am from Niagara) to check out boots and other things. Also I had a hard-to-find computer part that was only available at TigerDirect in Missisauga.
    The gf came with me for the ride which ended up taking all day (we stopped a bunch of places and took fun roads there and back).

At RC, i found it kind of sketchy that no one acknowledged our existence but in some way I like that because I want to browse before getting hassled by salesmen. The gf went to try on some Dainese boots and I looked at the AStars ones. I tried a couple on and then I had a few questions. At first I went to the counter and he barely put effort into giving me an answer.
    Further questions had to be spoken loudly from my position across the store because I shouldn't have to go to the counter every time.
    Eventually I said forget it, AStars boots are available everywhere anyways and the prices were average, and if they aren't going to put effort into helping me, I am not going to buy. Simple.

The gf however had fallen in love with the Quito's from Dainese. She said they were a super comfy fit, and also they looked very nice too.
    She was a little hesitant on the price but I told her we know the model so we can shop around later, there's nothing special in this store.

On tuesday I had to go back to TigerDirect because the part I got was defective and I needed to replace it. The gf came along again for the ride and asked that we go back to RC because she was gonna get the Quito boots for sure, she had been thinking of them all night.
    Same thing as monday: barely got acknowledged that we were there and when she brought the boots to the counter for purchase, it's as if it was a huge effort to make the transaction.
    I don't specifically remember if they said thanks or not, and their attitudes/lack of enthusiasm weren't implying it either.

Personally I have no interest in Dainese. Yeah sure, they are one of the leaders in their industry but there's a big difference between high-pricing, and gouging people who are all about name brands. The gf can spend her money as she wants (cause its actually hers, not mine) and I will admit that the boots she got are really nice and at 250$ I felt it was a fair price (the quality was clearly there and I understand that the name will hike the price a bit).

tl;dr: They carry nice gear but it's nothing special and the employees think too much of themselves and are bored to death so their service lacks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Smutty View Post
    Dainese is like buying something with Harley Davidson on it. Same manufacturer, but you throw a little patch on it and now it's suddenly 300% more valuable.
    Can't wait to see Rossi wearing the HD leathers.

I find with RC you need to know what you want and the cost before you go. That way you dont have to talk to anyone. Just grab your stuff,pay and get out. For items like oil and tires they are very competitive.

If you want to have a laugh..... just pick up any Dainese item when John is around..... "its quality Italian leather, not the cheap stuff", a mantra he repeats several times over to every customer.

Lol... I own 2 dainese jackets and when I was there looking at another John mentioned "these are very expensive" ... Guess I look like a poor folk lol... Other than weird service ... The selection is fairly good

fitandfun1

I love Dainese clothing for its quality and especially the way it fits the female form. I don't find it that much more expensive than other quality gear. As for GP Bikes, I love it there! The sales associates are really attentive and go that extra mile.

Quote Originally Posted by fitandfun1 View Post
    I love Dainese clothing for its quality and especially the way it fits the female form.
    The gf and I were told this by a female employee at Kahuna, and she seemed really happy about it. I assume she has a Dainese suit lol.
    "It's only once you've lost everything that you're free to do anything." - Tyler Durden

2005 SV650S : Mar 2011 - Oct 2011