What kinda boots do you wear? - Page 10

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: What kinda boots do you wear?

Somewhere using those round and curved tires.

Re: What kinda boots do you wear?

Quote Originally Posted by mmmnaked View Post
    Uh, I never once suggested wearing steel toe boots for riding. It's completely pointless. In fact, I think I said it in this thread already... you might as well wear running shoes.

I was simply raising a possible concern some may not have considered.

Ride safe. And may the warm dry roads be here very soon.
    Simoncelli apparently was asked if he was afraid of dying in a racing accident & he responded: "NO. You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike like that than other people do in all of their life."

Life's time is finite. Be honest & Let's Ride.

Uh, I never once suggested wearing steel toe boots for riding. It's completely pointless. In fact, I think I said it in this thread already... you might as well wear running shoes.
    I don't think it's pointless either. There can be some benefit but I was just trying to say there is some risk too, IMO. They're not meant for the type of impact feet experience in a crash.
    There is no planet B.

Quote Originally Posted by fastar1 View Post
    I don't think it's pointless either. There can be some benefit but I was just trying to say there is some risk too, IMO. They're not meant for the type of impact feet experience in a crash.
    They'd probably ensure a broken ankle under most circumstances

Supertech R

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Nah, been there done that. Runners pop right off your foot when you hit the pavement. At least the steel toe boots won't do that.
    It's understanding that makes it possible for a person such as myself to tolerate a person like you.

Somewhere between Eden Mills/Guelph, Ontario and Toronto.

I've heard the steel toe boots will take off your toes thing. Then I did some research and all I could find was posts on forums saying it could happen and they've heard of it but as far as I could tell there aren't any actual cases where that happened. I would think that if the force was that high I was probably going to seriously **** up my foot anyway. And someone said it would probably result in a broken ankle but I think a boot that goes up beyond the ankle would help more than running shoes. And I agree with the above that a running shoe would probably just pop right off. Plus I've got the leather covering my ankle if I slide to avoid some rash. I know they're not ideal but they are more comfortable and casual than the Sidis while protecting a little nicer than low cut sneakers.
    2009 Candy Plasma Blue Ninja 650R (has a cup holder)|Mods: Passenger foot peg flip up cup holder; ER6N grab bars; Grab bar sliders; Woodcraft swingarm spools; '09 fairing vibe fix; Thick weather stripping under seat; SportBars; Ninja650Shop.com no-cut sliders.|Upcoming: Fork sliders; Extended swingarm spools; Bar-end mirrors; HIDs with projectors.
    1987 Red Porsche 944 N/A (no cup holder)|Stock.
    1997 Black SAAB 900 SE 2.0 Turbo (1 cup holder)|Stock.

Comfy, waterproof
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	4.4 KB 
ID:	27388