Metropolitan Toronto by-law 32/92 section 39(1)

Thread: Metropolitan Toronto by-law 32/92 section 39(1)

Post Metropolitan Toronto by-law 32/92 section 39(1)

Just got a ticket at Springhurst ave @ Dunn Ave. I left work early but forgot that I couldn't make a left turn on above street till 6:30pm which is when I usually leave work. Then I got pulled over by some nice cops and he gave me a ticket for $18.75. I asked him if this would show up on my record and he said no, it will not, its a by-law infraction.

I have read on some other forums and they said it wont go on my record and there are no points associated with this infraction, Is this correct?

Thanks
    Fil

Re: Metropolitan Toronto by-law 32/92 section 39(1)

This was a 4 way stop sign intersection on a residential street. This was not a intersection with traffic lights.

this is a way of the cop being extremely nice to you, it is essentially a reduced ticket.

the official ticket is disobey sign under the hta, ticket is $110. i believe section 180. and carries 2 or 3 points, i dont have my hta on me now.
    there is also a by-law which is the same thing which is the ticket you got. there are no points that go onto your licence. you pay it and forget about it, it wont go onto your abstract so wont affect insurance.

Points are meaningless, convictions matter. This won't count as a "conviction". Treat it as a parking ticket.. For $20, pay and forget about it.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Quote Originally Posted by FiReSTaRT View Post
    Points are meaningless, convictions matter. This won't count as a "conviction". Treat it as a parking ticket.. For $20, pay and forget about it.
    This what I thought. Thanks very much for your responses.

Quote Originally Posted by geoff-9 View Post
    this is a way of the cop being extremely nice to you, it is essentially a reduced ticket.

the official ticket is disobey sign under the hta, ticket is $110. i believe section 180. and carries 2 or 3 points, i dont have my hta on me now.
    there is also a by-law which is the same thing which is the ticket you got. there are no points that go onto your licence. you pay it and forget about it, it wont go onto your abstract so wont affect insurance.
    You're incorrect.
    Some traffic signs are municipal and not provincial, therefore, they don't fall under the HTA.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistero2009 View Post
    You're incorrect.
    Some traffic signs are municipal and not provincial, therefore, they don't fall under the HTA.
    no im not. this was an HTA sign.
    traffic signs are provincial as long as they fall under the regulation, municipal by-law signs are parking signs and snow route signs etc. prohibited turn signs are highway traffic act as in this case.
    ill admit im wrong if you can show proof.

Quote Originally Posted by geoff-9 View Post
    no im not. this was an HTA sign.
    traffic signs are provincial as long as they fall under the regulation, municipal by-law signs are parking signs and snow route signs etc. prohibited turn signs are highway traffic act as in this case.
    ill admit im wrong if you can show proof.
    You are quite correct, under the following stipulations:

PART XII
    MUNICIPAL BY-LAWS
    Effect of by-laws
    Inconsistent by-laws deemed repealed

195. (1) If a provision of a municipal by-law passed by the council of a municipality or a police services board for,
    (a) regulating traffic on the highways;

(b) regulating noise, fumes or smoke created by the operation of motor vehicles on the highways; or

(c) prohibiting or regulating the operation of motor vehicles or any type or class thereof on the highways,
    is inconsistent with this Act or the regulations, the provision of the by-law shall be deemed to be repealed upon the inconsistency arising. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 195 (1); 1996, c. 33, s. 15 (1); 2002, c. 17, Sched. F, Table.

(2) Repealed: 1996, c. 33, s. 15 (2).

Approval of traffic by-laws for connecting links

(3) If the council of a municipality passes a by-law for a purpose mentioned in clause (1) (a) or (c) that affects traffic on a highway designated as a connecting link under subsection 21 (1) of the Public Transportation and Highway Improvement Act, the clerk of the municipality shall file a copy of the by-law with the Ministry within 30 days of its passing, and the by-law shall not become operative until it is approved by the Ministry. 1996, c. 33, s. 15 (2).

Approval of traffic by-law in whole or in part

(4) Any by-law for regulating traffic on highways that is submitted to the Ministry for approval may be approved in whole or in part and, where part of a by-law is approved only, that part shall become operative. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 195 (4).

Withdrawal of approval by Ministry

(5) The Ministry may withdraw its approval to any by-law or any part thereof by notice sent by registered mail to the clerk of the municipality and the by-law or part thereof shall be deemed to be repealed twenty-one days after the sending of the notice. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 195 (5).
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde