Woodbine beach parking lot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woodbine beach parking lot

Woodbine beach parking lot

Today weather is really nice so i took my bike to the beach, got there than park my bike but when I leave I got a parking ticket @8:20 $105 ?!? i thought we can park there as long as we don't block the roads....... anyone have any experience about these parking tickets? anyway to get it off?
    Markham
    2001 YZF-R6 SOLD
    2003 YZF-R6

Re: Woodbine beach parking lot

where did you park, i used to park on the ttc bus stop. your not allowed to but never seem to get a ticket.
    more detail of where you parked and what the ticket was for.

I second the question regarding where you parked. A location on a Google Map would help.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    I second the question regarding where you parked. A location on a Google Map would help.
    Thee is a huge parking lot there so why the ticket? Did you park in an access lane or ?? What is the wording of the ticket?

You must have been blocking something. A normal parking ticket is $30 if you parked without a permit/outside of signed times. I've seen $60 for parking somewhere you nit supposed to (no stopping zones etc...) but $105!?! What does the ticket say?

Also I wouldn't put it past a Parking Officer to just make something up
    Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug, uh, regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber.

Quote Originally Posted by b16bvtec View Post
    Today weather is really nice so i took my bike to the beach, got there than park my bike but when I leave I got a parking ticket @8:20 $105 ?!? i thought we can park there as long as we don't block the roads....... anyone have any experience about these parking tickets? anyway to get it off?
    Last year, I was parked illegally, I saw the cop coming so I ran to my bike to move it before he gave me the ticket. The cop told me not to worry about it because they can't really give out tickets to motorcycle because there is no real spot to place the ticket. If I were you I would not pay the ticket, wait for them to mail you the fine. Once you get the mailed ticket, fight it and say there was no ticket ever on your bike. I think you should be able to get off.

I'm not saying, what I'm saying is fact, I'm simply passing on what that cop told me.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxeranyone View Post
    Last year, I was parked illegally, I saw the cop coming so I ran to my bike to move it before he gave me the ticket. The cop told me not to worry about it because they can't really give out tickets to motorcycle because there is no real spot to place the ticket. If I were you I would not pay the ticket, wait for them to mail you the fine. Once you get the mailed ticket, fight it and say there was no ticket ever on your bike. I think you should be able to get off.

I'm not saying, what I'm saying is fact, I'm simply passing on what that cop told me.
    Is there any reason a meter maid / man can't use an elastic band and give you a yellow throttle grip?

Quote Originally Posted by nobbie48 View Post
    Is there any reason a meter maid / man can't use an elastic band and give you a yellow throttle grip?
    Nothing whatsoever. They could also slip it between the the windscreen and bodywork, under the edge of the seat, under the passenger strap, between the control cables, or < GASP! > use tape.

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Traffic, we don't need no stinkin' traffic!

Did you not park in a spot and forget to pay for parking?

I didn't think one would have to pay for parking there if you were on a bike. I thought it was just like street parking.... if parked in an appropriate place. I don't know what the deal is if you park in the "trailer" parking spots. You need a trailer to park in those.

On a side note, it is so lame they charge for parking at local parks and beaches. You'd think the government would want to promote health and wellness.

Traffic, we don't need no stinkin' traffic!

They do, so they make you walk to the beach, cause all the spots are taken up by the employees.

Quote Originally Posted by Metastable View Post
    I didn't think one would have to pay for parking there if you were on a bike. I thought it was just like street parking.... if parked in an appropriate place. I don't know what the deal is if you park in the "trailer" parking spots. You need a trailer to park in those.

On a side note, it is so lame they charge for parking at local parks and beaches. You'd think the government would want to promote health and wellness.
    They do. That's why the beaches are closed so often.

Quote Originally Posted by Metastable View Post
    Parking at a state beach here in California is $15 a car, no discount for motorcycles. Absolutely f**ing ripoff.

This is where I parked along with 10+ bikes which they all got a tickethttp://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?hl=en&...01195&t=h&z=20
    Quote Originally Posted by geoff-9 View Post
    where did you park, i used to park on the ttc bus stop. your not allowed to but never seem to get a ticket.
    more detail of where you parked and what the ticket was for.
    Markham
    2001 YZF-R6 SOLD
    2003 YZF-R6

Quote Originally Posted by b16bvtec View Post
    This is where I parked along with 10+ bikes which they all got a tickethttp://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?hl=en&...01195&t=h&z=20
    Well that explains it. Yellow hash marks and signed as "no parking." Seems pretty plain, to me, why you got a ticket.

$105 seems a tad excessive. what ever happened to a $15 parking ticket.
    I don't ride a bike for safety.

Quote Originally Posted by thowe View Post
    It was increased to $30.00, 20 years ago. That might have been zoned as a loading zone, fire route, or any number of other things that would increase the ticket. Also, just a few years ago, there was a blanket increase to all fines in Toronto.

ive parked there before, it is illegal but they've been lenient before, good to know

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    It was increased to $30.00, 20 years ago. That might have been zoned as a loading zone, fire route, or any number of other things that would increase the ticket. Also, just a few years ago, there was a blanket increase to all fines in Toronto.
    Street view shows a "No Parking" Sign with graffti on it. Still readable and still there I assume.

The "No Parking" is clear but I couldn't make out the details. I'm guessing loading zone. Without a loading zone deliveries can shut down the parking lot. Maybe the restaurant or event group made a point by calling for enforcement.
    Last edited by nobbie48; 06-11-2011 at 11:12 AM. Reason: add

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by thowe View Post
    Ticket fines were raised so that the potential risk of an occsional ticket would be seen as being more than just a reasonable price for parking anyways.