F4i Still Not Starting

Thread: F4i Still Not Starting

F4i Still Not Starting

I posted about a month ago about how I started my bike. Did a full oil change, let it run. 2 hours later took it out for about 30 mins, then stopped for dinner and came back out to go home and bike would not start.

I have done all the tests i know how.
    Had an awesome mechanic come out, Greg at Inner City Cycle, http://innercitycycle.ca/
    He did more tests and what not, found that I was no longer getting spark and my fuel injectors are not pressurizing (by the sounds of it). Since he could not help/find the problem, he did not charge me for his time, and refused any offer, super grateful for that and would recommend him.

Since, neither of these things are working, we have determined that the issue is coming from the same place, thinking the ECU.

Called up Honda to see if they have a means to just test or swap it out from another f4i to see if thats the issue, of course they cant...and i would have to undergo a few hours of troubleshooting.

I dont know anyone else that has an f4i and was wondering if anyone was willing to swap out their ECU to see if this is the issue to save me from selling a kidney to pay for honda to take a look and see if i just need to replace my ECU

I will have cold beer on hand
    Last edited by edperrella; 07-26-2011 at 05:48 PM.

Re: F4i Still Not Starting

A problem with the tipover sensor would cause that, although it might be one of the things already tested. It is mounted up behind the headlight and shuts the bike off if it goes down. If all other connections are good, unplug it at the sensor, or better yet, follow the wires back to the main harness and unplug it there. Jump the black and red wires on the harness side of the plug and try to start the bike. Although this is rare, it is not unheard of.
    Last edited by PeterTrocewicz; 06-05-2011 at 10:37 PM.

check the resistor in your ignition tumbler.....and report back

The engine turns over, would this still happen if it was the resistor? Also, I am not very sure how to check this...

Street: 1994 Honda CBR 900RR Fireblade, black/charcoal
    Track: 2004 GSX-R 600 red/white/purple #27

No, my computer read out is 0, no blinks