Guys, Please. Stay away from me. - Page 2

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Guys, Please. Stay away from me.

Re: Guys, Please. Stay away from me.

^ look whos here....Wave !!! Wave !!!!....I saw this coming

Quote Originally Posted by Low rider View Post
    Friday on the way home from work. I see this guy riding behind me on a 500 Ninja.
    He was a few cars behind and was trying to catch up to me. He was stealing all my moves in traffic, trying desperatly to catch up to me.
    When finally he caught me, I blocked his passage on purpose so that he could not pull beside me. Next light I did the same thing.
    The next light, he pulled up beside me even though I had left no room for him.
    I kindly asked him to keep his distance.

Listen, I am an instructor, and I know the kind of riders there are out there. And I trust nobody I don't know.

Why is is so important to other riders to come up beside another rider at a light, just to say hello.

I don't know you. I have no desire to get to know you, I don't trust you to do the right thing once we get into traffic.
    As a matter of fact, almost every rider I have let come up beside me in my lane, to say hello has boned me in my lane, when we got riding down the road.
    Or gotten in my way when I want to pass a car.

I will not ever let another rider get into my lane at a light.

Can somebody please explain the need to share my lane with me?

Home from work? I thought you were retired.....

is that what happens with old age?

Banned

Man you sound up tight. If you can't handle kind social people, or get unnerved by a rider not quite at your skill level or anus water-tightness, I suggest you kindly wave them in front to lead your "mini group ride" then just slow down and drop back. If they are really as reckless as you suspect and in such a hurry to advance through the cars they will lose patience and part ways. It's very simple, wave them ahead, no biggy!

Often I catch up with bikes, only to find they enjoy sitting at a light 50 cars deep in traffic. I may pause, nod, and move on. If they don't follow as I filter, so be it, if they do we have a little ride out on our mutual commute. I'm not gonna waste my day away in grid lock to be friendly...but I will salute you, feel your vibe, and move on. If that throws your mental balance off, get yourself an anonymous kia and disappear into the commuting doldrums.

There are a lot of uptight posters on this forum...just relax a little and enjoy the ride.

Hell I even get cars that pull up and chat with me, that's part of the charm of a bike...that you're not sealed in a little anti-social bubble.

Next time just wave the keener rider ahead of you...you don't seem to be in a rush to get anywhere anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    It's because all my friends know the low rider, the low rider is a little higher and a drives a little slower
    low rider is a little colder
    low rider knows every street yeah
    low rider doesnt wanna meet yeah
    low rider dont use no gas yeah
    low rider dont drive to fast
    Keep the front wheel in the air and the shiny side up.

Guelph
    Past bikes-77 Yam YZ100, 80 Hon CR125, 84 Yam XT600, 86 Hon CR250, 87 Yam TW200, 03 Hon CBR954, 05 Busa
    Current bikes- 08 Busa, 06 Hon CRF50

Get a scooter or an E-bike. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Low rider View Post
    Friday on the way home from work. I see this guy riding behind me on a 500 Ninja.
    He was a few cars behind and was trying to catch up to me. He was stealing all my moves in traffic, trying desperatly to catch up to me.
    When finally he caught me, I blocked his passage on purpose so that he could not pull beside me. Next light I did the same thing.
    The next light, he pulled up beside me even though I had left no room for him.
    I kindly asked him to keep his distance.

Listen, I am an instructor, and I know the kind of riders there are out there. And I trust nobody I don't know.

Why is is so important to other riders to come up beside another rider at a light, just to say hello.

I don't know you. I have no desire to get to know you, I don't trust you to do the right thing once we get into traffic.
    As a matter of fact, almost every rider I have let come up beside me in my lane, to say hello has boned me in my lane, when we got riding down the road.
    Or gotten in my way when I want to pass a car.

I will not ever let another rider get into my lane at a light.

Can somebody please explain the need to share my lane with me?
    Chill the **** out. Stop getting your panties twisted.

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd9 View Post
    ^ look whos here....Wave !!! Wave !!!!....I saw this coming
    Haha you beat me to it. Whats with the anti-socialness.
    Winter: '04 Acura TSX
    Summer: '06 Ninja 650R
    Daily: Coming Soon

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cbr125looksfun View Post
    Thank you op! Some riders are just to friendly for their own good and safety!
    I am going to pay extra attention to waving at all of the 125 riders from now on

Quote Originally Posted by EC2010 View Post
    Get a scooter or an E-bike. Problem solved.
    Yes please do! We have a special way of acknowledging them:

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...=1#post1565596

Low rider, buy yourself a nice Harley Lowrider, with a really loud exhaust, then get a vest with a big Lone Wolf and Moon patch on the back, no one will ever pull up next to you again.

WOW.....your the guy that leads the Thursday rides?......with this hate towards OTHER bikers

EVERYONE.......stay away

(ps....your posts ARE becoming more negative over time)
    I ride hard & fast on street and track.....get the right advice @ Riders Choice .......I dive deep with The Dive Academy in Oakville.....come dive with us

Glad to see the "Brotherhood" is still alive and kicking in the community

I'd really love to see your Instructing methods if you can't even have a pleasant conversation with a fellow "Rider" at a red light

Or were you simply being stuck up?
    Since you felt the need to add he/she was riding a 500
    KODMONKY When you're Happy and you know it...SMILE

I had a guy and a chick on a Harley pull up beside me yesterday, The Horror, The Horror, but not to worry, I did come out of the ordeal O,K.
    Last edited by Silver Ghost; 06-05-2011 at 07:20 AM.
    1990 Fatboy
    Stage 3 EVO

Quote Originally Posted by GSXMAER View Post
    WOW.....your the guy that leads the Thursday rides?......with this hate towards OTHER bikers

EVERYONE.......stay away

(ps....your posts ARE becoming more negative over time)
    I wouldn't say Stay away.....his rides are FUN!!!!!!!!!....if you know what your doing, if not you'll be in a pickle...

Listen, I think you're all getting the wrong idea here.
    I honestly don't mind if another rider comes up and said Hi.
    But can't you do it in your own lane.

Did he have to squeeze himself into a spot that wasn't large enough for him?
    Just to say Hello?

If I had let him in front of me and fell back, it would have slowed me down. That's the point. When he gets into my lane, they often try to get ahead of me. Me being a nice guy, I will let him go infront. But sooner than later, they start riding slower than I wish to travel. Then they get in my way of passing traffic.
    The entire process slows me down. That's why I didn't want him infront of me.
    I will not tresspass in his safety bubble, just to pass him. I respect other riders space.
    But that usually means that I must hang back and wait longer for a better opportunity to pass.

I like riding with other riders. On my rides, we have rules. And I know what to expect from my riders.
    A guy like this has no rule book.
    He's new, can't handle a bike propperly. And just may end up hitting me or causing an accident.
    Do you guys have any idea how bad some of the riders are out there.
    They barely pass their riding test, and the next day, they're out on an R1.
    That scares the hell out of me.
    I want those guys to stay away from me.
    Cell phones, GPS, DVD, Food, Drinks, Kids, Smokes, Make Up, Lipstick, News Papers, CB, Ham Radio, FM Radio, CD, MP3, Work papers, Books, Lap tops, Camcorders,
    THINGS THAT DON'T
    BELONG IN A CAR.

Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    You are an instructor and don't know how to handle this?

OH, I handled it. I told him, I wasn't his buddy, so please don't ride with me.
    End of story.

He backed off.
    Cell phones, GPS, DVD, Food, Drinks, Kids, Smokes, Make Up, Lipstick, News Papers, CB, Ham Radio, FM Radio, CD, MP3, Work papers, Books, Lap tops, Camcorders,
    THINGS THAT DON'T
    BELONG IN A CAR.

Quote Originally Posted by low rider View Post
    oh, i handled it. I told him, i wasn't his buddy, so please don't ride with me.
    End of story.

He backed off.
    bahahaha

2007 Lotus Exige S ~ the grocery-getter
    2004 ZX6R ~ the daily commuter (sold)
    2005 GSXR 1000 ~ the scary thing in my garage (sold to my insurer lol)
    2007 GSXR 1000 ~ the newer scary thing in my garage

[QUOTE=matthew;1570385]It's because all my friends know the low rider, the low rider is a little higher and a drives a little slower[/QUOTE

priceless
    Last edited by Tonto; 06-05-2011 at 09:12 AM.
    Many thanks to my kid's sponsors: MOTOZEN Racing, Bickle Racing, JD Trailer Sales, GPBikes, Johnny Andro of GUNN's Physical FX Studio,CSV Graphics, Z1 cycletech, Chinatown Optical, ImpactArmor, MPHD Ltd, The Morton Foundation, Kevin Zhang, Sam Nawaz, Donovan Paige, Les Booth and race coach extraordinaire/ voice of reason; John Bickle!

He is right, don't get in the same lane with somone you don't know. I don't care if you race bikes for a living or just got your M1, stay in your own lane. If someone joins up with me that's fine if you stay behind me and don't pull up next to me in the same lane. I ride with one other rider all the time and the only time we would pull up beside each other is to pass a message.

Quote Originally Posted by GSXMAER View Post
    How did you igure he has a hate toward other bikers? Apples and oranges you are talking about ....

Quote Originally Posted by Hachi-Roku View Post
    I'd really love to see your Instructing methods if you can't even have a pleasant conversation with a fellow "Rider" at a red light
    What???