Guys, Please. Stay away from me. - Page 10

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Guys, Please. Stay away from me.

Traffic, we don't need no stinkin' traffic!

Re: Guys, Please. Stay away from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    Fine, as long as he doesn't PRESUME to make the decision for anyone else.
    The problem is that the person pulling up has PRESUMED, and the person in front has been given no choice in the matter.
    If person in front waves you up, then you have the choice to go or stay.
    If not the person in the rear should chill out, relax and not get their panties in a knot.

Anyway I always stay back a bike length, as do 99% of others I've met on the road. When I'm driving, I like to focus my attention on driving; at a light my focus is on the traffic around me and the light. I don't need someone else to worry about. If I'm getting off the bike or on the bike somewhere, I will most likely have too much time to chat.
    Ignorance is curable, Apathy not so much, but I don't care, I'll try anyway.

Yes, BUT this guy did it over 20 yrs ago.

Quote Originally Posted by alaywa View Post
    These were cops cruising around, SIDE BY SIDE!!!! .
    Was it these guys? Dam you Punch
    Quote Originally Posted by AGAVE View Post
    Paulo is protected by A.S.S.- Agave's Security Services

Quote Originally Posted by Holmes View Post
    Then get off the streets... what the hell is wrong with you dude? I swear to you that I will hunt you down and ride beside you and follow everywhere you go. You wont shake me off your tail (or should I say side) until you come on here and apologize for being a pompous ****** bag OR sell your damn bike!
    Actually man, all you guys are talking like the OP is an ******* but I have meet him and he is a really nice and cool guy, really good rider and knows some really good routes, he makes sure his rides are safe but a lot of fun. That is way more than anything I can expect from anyone in this forum. Just go back and realize that the experienced riders in this forum (i am not including myself) are the ones agreeing with the OP (Rob, Jay) think about it and you may realize there is got to be a reason for that.

Wait a few years and you will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Holmes View Post
    Keep up? Ha! Ok gramps, you will be eating the dust off my rear tire. No go back to your nursing home.
    ahhh nope, I will put my money on Low Rider...Sorry dude

Thanks for the back up ZX600.

But I have made a decision based on this thread.

From now on I will pull up beside any rider I see stopped at a light,, in his lane and then proceed to pass and block him.
    Any of you guys have an issue with that?
    Cell phones, GPS, DVD, Food, Drinks, Kids, Smokes, Make Up, Lipstick, News Papers, CB, Ham Radio, FM Radio, CD, MP3, Work papers, Books, Lap tops, Camcorders,
    THINGS THAT DON'T
    BELONG IN A CAR.

Tell you what, I'll prop the straw man back up so you can knock it down again.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Low rider View Post
    Thanks for the back up ZX600.

But I have made a decision based on this thread.

From now on I will pull up beside any rider I see stopped at a light,, in his lane and then proceed to pass and block him.
    Any of you guys have an issue with that?
    This would make you explode in your helmet!

"Must....block....every....one....aaaaaarrrrrggggg hhhhh"

Banned

Who the hell does Thomas the Engine think he is?!?!

Not that it's worth anything, but I don't care if someone wants to come up next to me, just don't talk to me. I just started riding with headphones (makes riding even more enjoyable) and I use my phone in my pocket. I'm not going to pull it out and pause the tunes to have a 30sec pointless conversation with someone I don't know. I'd rather people just leave me alone because I ride for myself and I'm not out to make any random friends at red lights.
    2004 Suzuki DRZ400
    1986 Honda Shadow 750 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by RedDogDarren View Post
    I've known a biker who kicked over a clown who rode up next to him in his lane. Respect people, it's not your lane to share unless you are signalled to do so by the rider in front. Maybe the next time I see a Yamaha dual purpose bike I'll squeeze my car alongside him and say hello.
    You should never kick a clown. They always bounce back up, twice as mad.

Who the hell does Thomas the Engine think he is?!?!

#3 was Henry not Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by ZX600 View Post
    Actually man, all you guys are talking like the OP is an ******* but I have meet him and he is a really nice and cool guy, really good rider and knows some really good routes, he makes sure his rides are safe but a lot of fun. That is way more than anything I can expect from anyone in this forum. Just go back and realize that the experienced riders in this forum (i am not including myself) are the ones agreeing with the OP (Rob, Jay) think about it and you may realize there is got to be a reason for that.

Wait a few years and you will see.
    I ride in the center, I don't want any surprises in my lane either.

Actually that would have the complete opposite effect, on me, because it's a picture of a motorcycle protest rally. If that many bikes were out on the road, then it would mean that riders actually gave a crap about their rights.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Baggsy View Post
    The problem is that the person pulling up has PRESUMED, and the person in front has been given no choice in the matter.
    If person in front waves you up, then you have the choice to go or stay.
    If not the person in the rear should chill out, relax and not get their panties in a knot.

Anyway I always stay back a bike length, as do 99% of others I've met on the road. When I'm driving, I like to focus my attention on driving; at a light my focus is on the traffic around me and the light. I don't need someone else to worry about. If I'm getting off the bike or on the bike somewhere, I will most likely have too much time to chat.
    Exactly. I have to wonder how many of the people who think that we should just chill out and not worry about someone intruding upon our buffer zone, who absolutely flip out if someone lit up a cigarette at the next table over, in a restaurant.

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Lightcycle View Post
    You're entitled to it, but the issue we're talking about is do you *mind* if another *motorcycle* shares it with you at a stop light.

I don't. You do.

Don't see what squeezing a car in beside you at a stoplight has anything to do with this.
    Please see this follow-up post: http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...=1#post1574371

Traffic, we don't need no stinkin' traffic!

Where is that in the GTA. I'll avoid the area. Actually, I don't see a traffic light, so it doesn't apply to this conversation.

And this would have your head "blowed up real good":

"Must....get....to....front....of....line....where ....is....front....of....line....aaaaaarrrrrgggggh hhhh"

But, I have a question. Does riding in that type of traffic really appeal to you? Is that where you want to ride all your days?
    Last edited by Baggsy; 06-10-2011 at 09:05 AM.
    Ignorance is curable, Apathy not so much, but I don't care, I'll try anyway.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Baggsy View Post
    Where is that in the GTA. I'll avoid the area. Actually, I don't see a traffic light, so it doesn't apply to this conversation.

And this would have your head "blowed up real good":

"Must....get....to....front....of....line....where ....is....front....of....line....aaaaaarrrrrgggggh hhhh"

But, I have a question. Does riding in that type of traffic really appeal to you? Is that where you want to ride all your days?
    Hahahha, that was cute. "Where....is....front....of....line...?"

I don't mind any traffic really, except phantom jams! But then again they are a product of poor line of sight, lag in reaction time and over congestion, and they are a reality.

I enjoy using the potential of any mode of transport, rather than needlessly wasting it and creating more congestion.

I used to have a car, and got rid of it for a motorcycle when I was 21. Why drive around with a trunk, 3 other seats and 1.6 L engine, stuck in traffic and pay for parking when I only need 1 seat, (a backpack), and 600cc, and free parking?

I only got a car for my wife and step daughter when I got married 5 years later. Before my step daughter moved in with us, it was me and the wifey on the bike.

I personally don't see a point in handicapping the motorcycle when it's nomenclature is different. A 1 size fits all rule book is not sound. I'm not saying ride to the absolute limits of a machine's potential, but I'm also not fond of SUVs that never see mud and sit in traffic all day. Somewhere in the middle is appropriate.

Let's say I like "optimized" travel.

Also, with respect to motorcycles, I love the visceral experience. I love how fully engaged the rider has to be, in tune with one's body, senses and machine. It's one of the most "human" experiences I find, because it is man bonding with his own nature....bonding with a manefestation of his intelligence, in equal measure being controlled and controlling, propelled at speeds once thought of as beyond human capacity, beyond humanity (our heads were supposed to rip off if we travelled faster than a horse's gallop), while at the same time in control due to our humanity (those very heads).

Every part of the body is tasked with something on the bike, working independently but in tune. Riding in traffic demands such concentration and advanced planning, reactions and training, hell even psychology!!!! I actually do enjoy it.

I also enjoy a long scenic open road touring trip...I enjoy all facets of the activity.
    Last edited by alaywa; 06-14-2011 at 03:28 PM.