Honda Fender Eliminator

Thread: Honda Fender Eliminator

Honda Fender Eliminator

http://www.cbrheavenusa2.com/2007-20...STYLE_p_8.html

I have been looking at this kit to replace the fender eliminator that I have due to the position and location of my current one. Will this one pass for legal? If not can someone please post up a link to one that is perfectly acceptable (minus the fender/ mud guard... Personally I hate them).

Preferably one with an integrated tail light.

Re: Honda Fender Eliminator

Anything with the license plate tucked in ahead of the rear axle is on questionable grounds. The turn signals are not the required 9" / 230mm separation distance apart (and are probably nowhere near bright enough - I've yet to see a single one of these things in which they even approach stock levels of brightness). There's no red rear reflector, there are no red side reflectors at the rear of the bike, and there's no mudguard.

Same situation as all the others.

If you don't want a mudguard, then you can't have a legal setup.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Really wish there were more 'fender reducer' kits, that would simply reduce the mudguard in size while taking pains to remain legal.
    2007 Black/Silver GS500F, naked, 0.80kg/mm Sonic Springs.

Ok i don't really need a fully legal setup... the cops in this area really don't care that much as long as the plate is visible.

What was the purpose in asking the question?

Whether something is enforced or not, is different from whether it is legal or not ...

Regardless of legality, for your own safety, have BRIGHT turn signals. If you don't want them on the tail section, I've seen people fabricate a couple of little brackets to mount the stock signals on the passenger pegs or on the place where the passenger pegs normally attach.

Nothing sweeter than having your riding buddy rear-end you because he couldn't see your turn signal.
    Last edited by Brian P; 06-04-2011 at 11:09 AM.