Shipping bike to Australia - who knows the drill

Thread: Shipping bike to Australia - who knows the drill

Shipping bike to Australia - who knows the drill

ah hell - too good a deal to turn down

I'm moving to Australia in 3 years and the 2009 Burgman Executive with ABS is really what I need there as it rains all the time and the roads are incredible.

This is 10k away from where I will live.

Seller only had it for 18 months and can't risk riding after a hip replacement.
    Thing is mint and what I want.

I think I'm going to keep the current ride and not register this one until I get to Australia.
    Then I don't pay the 13% tax and that will pay shipping to Cairns.
    Sweet machine - GF thinks it looks like a Star Wars stormtrooper
    Just call me Luke

anyone know a good source for a fabric cover and also who has some info about shipping bikes overseas thanks.
    Found a free wifi spot on the popular motorcycle routes local or touring? Add to the list> here

Re: Shipping bike to Australia - who knows the drill

So you haven't bought it yet? If that's the case, why not just buy one there? Are you getting a stupid good deal on it?

I just took a look at Suzuki Australia's website and they do have this model there. It might be cheaper to just start looking for one for sale on the Australian bike forums.
    2007 Black/Silver GS500F, naked, 0.80kg/mm Sonic Springs.

Yes it's bought.
    Yes it's a stupid good deal.
    I'm moving to Australia anyway and I can wait and ship it with household goods in a container but I might ship it earlier to ride next January when Im there for 4 months....what I save on taxes by not registering now more than pays for shipping in the container but I'm hoping I might ship it ahead of time.

The Exec has only been in Australia since 2009 - the Australian dollar is worth 4-5% more than the Canadian dollar.
    There are no used Execs - I looked when I was there for the last 3 months.
    2009 and 2010 are identical and afaik the 2011 is as well.

Same bike - uglier - no Givi case.

Motorcycle - 2010 Suzuki BURGMAN 650 in BRAMPTON, ON $11,899

.now about the shipping.
    Found a free wifi spot on the popular motorcycle routes local or touring? Add to the list> here

Check the registration needs as well.... Aus is rather anal on what is needed to pass their tests for registration etc. Might make a difference on if you buy one there or not.
    Kohlarbonez... 'Cause Running Wide, Front Brakes and Grass Just Don't Mix....

Have you checked out duty and taxes there while importing a vehicle?

There are no taxes and import.
    It's personal goods I'm importing to move there.
    Registration is not an issue. Yes they are anal but have close friend of SigO who is head of MOT equivalent for Queensland.
    It's harder from the US with non metric bikes - easier from Canada.

There's really not much to it. Paperwork is no brainer, I assume you will have all of that. Like ownership, invoice etc. All fluids out (accept for brakes), battery out as well. The single most important thing is crating the bike and bracing the crate inside of an ocean container. You either pay someone do it, or you do it by yourself, depends on your skill ....

yep have paperwork that's no issue
    got a crating contact?