any affordable high risk rates/brokers around?

Thread: any affordable high risk rates/brokers around?

any affordable high risk rates/brokers around?

looking for affordable high risk INS so that i dont have to sell my bike

tell me who u are with or who u think i should call.

thanks

Re: any affordable high risk rates/brokers around?

LOL I don't think such thing exists.

Why are you considered high risk?
    Winter: '04 Acura TSX
    Summer: '06 Ninja 650R
    Daily: Coming Soon

"Affordable" and "High Risk" don't usually belong in the same sentence. How high of a risk are you talking?
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

Ins companies are retarted. Im 39 and has had my G licence since 1989, yes 89, and my motorcycle licence since 2004. No accidents or tickets in 22 years until 2009 when I was caught speeding 12km over the limit (82 in a 70). I felt I was paying too much for a Toyota Rav-4 at $250 a month. I called around and this other ins company deemed me high-risk for that ticket and because my licence was suspended for late payment of that same ticket. I was quoted $4000 a year for liability only.

Believe me, if I ever get into an accident I will sue for full benefits and disability if I get hurt, and I will get as much as I can, there will be no mercy.

jevco will take on customers that are considered high risks by other companies how ever if you have a super sport bike jevco will surcharge your rate 400%. so if you have a supersport you may be stuck either paying way more than another similar bike that's not supersport or selling your bike for something not super sport.
    x

Quote Originally Posted by Pegassus View Post
    Ins companies are retarted. Im 39 and has had my G licence since 1989, yes 89, and my motorcycle licence since 2004. No accidents or tickets in 22 years until 2009 when I was caught speeding 12km over the limit (82 in a 70). I felt I was paying too much for a Toyota Rav-4 at $250 a month. I called around and this other ins company deemed me high-risk for that ticket and because my licence was suspended for late payment of that same ticket. I was quoted $4000 a year for liability only.

Believe me, if I ever get into an accident I will sue for full benefits and disability if I get hurt, and I will get as much as I can, there will be no mercy.
    One minor conviction usually doesn't affect you rate all (except with State Farm). I don't think that an administrative suspension should affect your rate at all. I definitely don't think that you should have been rated as high risk.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VifferFun View Post
    One minor conviction usually doesn't affect you rate all (except with State Farm). I don't think that an administrative suspension should affect your rate at all. I definitely don't think that you should have been rated as high risk.
    They didn't want his business, so they built a quote that would make him choose to go elsewhere.

I wouldn't want his business either

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    They didn't want his business, so they built a quote that would make him choose to go elsewhere.

Whether they wanted his business or not, the broker/agent still has to follow the rules and rates that they have filed with the regulator. Rates aren't subjective.

Whether they wanted his business or not, the broker/agent still has to follow the rules and rates that they have filed with the regulator. Rates aren't subjective.
    Are there any rules you can refer us to that say that insurance companies are not allowed to count an administrative suspension against the individual? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post

Really? A driver with 22 years experience and only ONE lousy ticket given to me in a trap where the speed limit went from 80 to 70 and a cop hiding behind the 70 sign? Your insurance company will go bankrupt with you denying everyone coverage, and I would fire you from your post if I was a top exec at the insurance company for driving good customers away.

VIFFER, thanks for the heads up, I knew they can't raise my rates simply because I was late paying a fine.

No rates are not subjective but if you're a broker you can pad the quote, that is a common practice with brokers, my firm does it all the time, hell, I do it all the time to keep the books clean.

$4000 a year???? With your age and experiance? That is utterly ****ing retarded, and I never say the word utterly.

I just got an online quote of $4051 on a 2000 SV650, 20 years of age M1 a week ago... Liability only, $200k.

Quote Originally Posted by LiNK666 View Post
    Are there any rules you can refer us to that say that insurance companies are not allowed to count an administrative suspension against the individual? Thanks.
    If the suspension is due to the non-payment of a moving violation fine, I'm not 100% certain whether it is ratable or not. Here is the documentation but I'm too tired to read it:

http://www.fsco.gov.on.ca/english/pu...06/a-04_06.asp

VIFFER, thanks for the heads up, I knew they can't raise my rates simply because I was late paying a fine.
    I might be wrong . . . it is possible that because the fine you were late paying was due to a conviction, that the suspension is ratable. A broker would be able to speak to this better than I could. FYI:

Banned

Really? A driver with 22 years experience and only ONE lousy ticket given to me in a trap where the speed limit went from 80 to 70 and a cop hiding behind the 70 sign?
    Whatever happened to your 82 in a 60 km speeding ticket you got in Mayfield? You posted about it here http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...=1#post1243826 and described it as being the first ever speeding ticket in your life.

If that April 2010 speeding ticket was your first ever speeding ticket, what would you call your ticket in the 70 kmph zone, which I guess from this post http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...=1#post1567769 you got in 2009?

From my count that makes two speeding tickets within the last three years, and that is enough for some insurance companies to start surcharging you.

If the suspension is due to the non-payment of a moving violation fine, I'm not 100% certain whether it is ratable or not. Here is the documentation but I'm too tired to read it:

I keep getting an error and page isn't loading... anyways I'll try to load it up and read at work tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by LiNK666 View Post
    I keep getting an error and page isn't loading... anyways I'll try to load it up and read at work tomorrow.
    I just tried it and it's working for me.